1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    23 Feb '12 00:07
    It seems to me that all religious desire is for more pleasure in the end. Eternity in Heaven sounds like a great deal. Samadhi or Enlightenment sounds like never ending joy. The carrot before the horse. Release from the contracted state we all live in pushes us toward the Light of something better. No matter how you couch it, it comes down to wanting a groovy retirement home full of bliss .Is this selfish or just human ?
  2. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    23 Feb '12 00:37
    Originally posted by buckky
    It seems to me that all religious desire is for more pleasure in the end. Eternity in Heaven sounds like a great deal. Samadhi or Enlightenment sounds like never ending joy. The carrot before the horse. Release from the contracted state we all live in pushes us toward the Light of something better. No matter how you couch it, it comes down to wanting a groovy retirement home full of bliss .Is this selfish or just human ?
    I would call it selfishness if achievement of the goal is at an unfair cost to others and the cost is known and disregarded. Most if not all religions do not say a selfish approach will be rewarding.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree