1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    08 Aug '23 03:38
    This is going to seem like I'm making some cheap joke but I'm completely serious about this question.

Does God have a penis?

If God made Adam in his image does that mean Adam was created with a penis? Or was a penis added after Eve? If it was added after, then Adam walked as a Ken doll for a while before Eve? Did God add a penis when removed Adam's rib?

Let's get back to God for a second. Does he really not have a penis? Let's say God doesn't: then what about Jesus? Jesus still had the holes in his hands when he went back up to heaven: does Jesus still have his penis? If not....did Jesus deliberately discard it? If so, why? I know you wouldn't need a penis in heaven but you also don't need hair or clothes yet the God and the angels have those.

So is it possible that maybe God doesn't have a penis but Jesus does? Does that mean Jesus is more masculine than his Father?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Aug '23 05:38
    @vivify said
    This is going to seem like I'm making some cheap joke but I'm completely serious about this question.

Does God have a penis?

If God made Adam in his image does that mean Adam was created with a penis? Or was a penis added after Eve? If it was added after, then Adam walked as a Ken doll for a while before Eve? Did God add a penis when removed Adam's rib?

Let's get ...[text shortened]... be God doesn't have a penis but Jesus does? Does that mean Jesus is more masculine than his Father?
    Your childlike question indicates that you really have no insight or understanding of the bible whatsoever.

Given your concurrent and also childlike question in the science forum, I have to conclude that you’ve either been drinking or have suffered some sort of mental collapse.
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    08 Aug '23 10:38
    @divegeester said
    Your childlike question indicates that you really have no insight or understanding of the bible whatsoever.

Given your concurrent and also childlike question in the science forum, I have to conclude that you’ve either been drinking or have suffered some sort of mental collapse.
    Which "childlike" question in the science forum? The one that asks how long humans can survive if man-made climate change goes unchecked? Or the thread that discusses vast evolutionary differences of animals in close proximity to each due to plate tectonics?

Those "childlike" questions?

Answer the OP. Do you think God has a penis? Or what about Jesus? Was Adam initially created with one even though there was no Eve? If so, does that mean God has one since Adam was made in his image? If not, was one added later?

Ultimately it doesn't matter, just curious to see what Christians think.
  4. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    08 Aug '23 15:02

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    08 Aug '23 15:07
    @vivify

Any thinking Christian would answer that man is made in God's spiritual image, insofar as he is endowed with freewill and a conscience.

So, no, God does not have a pancreas. Or a belly button. Or any other organs.
  6. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    08 Aug '23 16:11
    @moonbus said
    @vivify

Any thinking Christian would answer that man is made in God's spiritual image, insofar as he is endowed with freewill and a conscience.

So, no, God does not have a pancreas. Or a belly button. Or any other organs.
    Okay.

But what about Jesus? Many Christians believe he still has the holes in his hands from the crucifixion; he's also commonly referred to as the "God Man". Might he have one?

And final question: what about Adam? Was he created with one? If so, that would mean God would have one since there's no functional reason to have a penis before Eve. Or was his added afterward?
  7. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    08 Aug '23 17:09

8. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    08 Aug '23 17:14

9. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    08 Aug '23 17:22
    @vivify

Some trigger word keeps activating the auto-censor. I'll PM you.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Aug '23 17:34
    @vivify said
    Which "childlike" question in the science forum? The one that asks how long humans can survive if man-made climate change goes unchecked?
    That’s the one; although you cloaked it in smattering of waffle about the Sun going Red Giant and other things.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Aug '23 17:35

12. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    08 Aug '23 17:36
    @moonbus said
    In medieval times, it was hotly debated, whether Adam had a navel, since he was not of woman born. This is the explanation for some paintings of Adam in Eden with his midriff hidden by a leaf.

Adam did need to use the bathroom, so presumably his bladder had an exit. He would not, however, have needed organs for reproduction. Nor would Eve have needed any such, until after the fall.

Jesus, too, needed a bladder exit, so presumably he had the physiological equipment.

In later centuries, some Christians had their reproductive organs removed, the great theologian Origen for example, as a sign of having reached a certain level of spiritual 'awakening.'

I can't figure out which word in the above post keeps triggering the auto-censor.

"He would not have needed organs for reproduction"

But God told A&E to "be fruitful and multiply" before the fall, according to Genesis 1:27-31. He made mankind on the sixth day. So did God have some other method of reproduction in mind? If so, why add genitals after the fact? It makes sense that Adam and Eve would've had the necessary organs before the fall.

And that brings us back to whether Adam was created with that organ or not.
  13. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    08 Aug '23 17:391 edit
    @divegeester said
    That’s the one; although you cloaked it in smattering of waffle about the Sun going Red Giant and other things.
    https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2022/aug/01/climate-endgame-risk-human-extinction-scientists-global-heating-catastrophe

The Guardian also discusses human extinction from man-made climate change. How "childish" of them right?

Stick to the OP, I'm not addressing your off-topic question any more.
  14. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    08 Aug '23 17:411 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    That's a good point.

Prior to "The Fall" caused by Eve, they were permitted to eat off the land and I think it was a vegetarian diet. Since Adam was flesh and bone he would need to take a dump eventually so yes he had functional parts the same as the rest of us.

So you agree Adam was born with one but that doesn't necessarily mean God had one. Thanks for your input.

Final question: do you think Jesus had one since most Christians believe he still has the holes in hands in Heaven?
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    08 Aug '23 17:42
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    “Sin entered the world through one MAN, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people” (Romans 5:12).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree