SERIOUSLY, DO YOU BELIEVE IN...

SERIOUSLY, DO YOU BELIEVE IN...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T
The-Sphinx

South East England

Moves
07 Aug 05

Originally posted by Halitose
This is a dark tale of a somebody seeking deliverance from demon possession.
I have to agree with you on this. I don't know why I have this, it's not even a gift, it's not something I have any control over..

It's just something that I can now do. It would fool the likes of David Blain I'm sure!! But his is trickery, what I can do isn't.

T
The-Sphinx

South East England

Moves
07 Aug 05

Originally posted by ivanhoe

You should stop messing with these occult things.
I could not agree with you more. These ouwigi (sp?) boards should never be made or sold. But when you are young you try these things because, well you're young, and stupid and know it all. That's called being a teenager!

I will point out I was 12 when I first used one of those boards.

T
The-Sphinx

South East England

Moves
07 Aug 05

Originally posted by flyUnity
Well the Bible says to stay away from it, so if you believe the bible, yes it is a bad thing
Okay I understand your point. But I don't believe in god and I don't bieve in the bible. (What a seller - hope mine is as successful!!)

T
The-Sphinx

South East England

Moves
07 Aug 05

Originally posted by FreaKinGenius
we need quarantine in this thread to get rid of all the demons.

?????? Why? ??????

f

Moves
07 Aug 05

Originally posted by TheSphinx
Okay I understand your point. But I don't believe in god and I don't bieve in the bible. (What a seller - hope mine is as successful!!)
Do you believe in mediums?

Krackpot Kibitzer

Right behind you...

Moves
07 Aug 05

Originally posted by Palynka
I think you are lying or were fooled. I lean towards the former.
There is another possibility. He could also be fooling himself.

I mean, who plays around with occult gimmickry without having strong expectations that something occult will happen?

Add to that the hypercharged emotional atmosphere under which this supposed event was likely perceived.Not exactly a perfect setting for unbiased perception and recollection.

It is said that "seeing is believing". But must we believe all earnestly asserted tales of visitation by demons, abduction by aliens, and satanic abuse? Or are we going to exercise a little healthy skepticism, in light of all the marvellous but likely false tales that people tell?

I bet a videocamera would have recorded something very different from what his brain did on that occasion.

T
The-Sphinx

South East England

Moves
07 Aug 05

Originally posted by flyUnity
Do you believe in mediums?
No, I'm a large. Boom boom!

Okay that out of the way. Do I believe in mediums? To be honest it depends. If you are on line go to TalkSport 1089mw as there is a subject on this at the moment. (Sunday 20:45GMT)
Yes I know 'It depends'' is an open answer but if you mean do I believe in these charlatens who go around 'entertaining' large crowds who rip you off for £20 a time, the answer is a straight no.

But there are a few people (and funnily enough they don't charge) who are very good at what they do. But I'm sitting here writing, deleting, writing and more deleting and I suppose the answer is no. I don't think so! Sorry but I honestly don't know.

My sister used to read the Tarot cards, but she got to the stage where she would beg her husband not to go to work because she had 'seen' an accident in the cards, but he go. Sure enough he'd have an accident. Now was that because he wasn't concentraing enough because he was thinking about what his wife had told him? It can all be explained.
But she did get very good at the cards, and was I would say 95% accurate in what she would read. In fact she was frightening herself and just won't touch them now. The only time she will is when they are planning a holiday and flying. Not sure why 'cos you are more at risk in a car! But that's the only time she uses them now. So what made her stop I hear you ask.
My sister and I have too large an age gap to be close, 8 years in fact. But late one evening she rang me in tears and begged me not to go to work the next day. I was an HGV driver. I asked her why ...blah blah blah...
The next day I was involved in a freak accident, back in 1985. I am disabled and unable to walk 20 years on. So she was right. Or was it a lucky guess? Who knows?

In short I can't answer you mate. Sorry.

The following day I had an accident

T
The-Sphinx

South East England

Moves
07 Aug 05

Originally posted by Pawnokeyhole
There is another possibility. He could also be fooling himself.

I mean, who plays around with occult gimmickry without having strong expectations that something occult will happen?

Add to that the hypercharged emotional atmosphere under which this supposed event was likely perceived.Not exactly a perfect setting for unbiased perception and recolle ...[text shortened]... deocamera would have recorded something very different from what his brain did on that occasion.
Firstly thanks for saying I had a brain :-) .

Video camers were not around in those days and I can assure you it would of caught nothing untoward about what happened. 3 12 year old kids cannot lift a glass off the table to a height of about 8" and make it shatter and fall slowly back onto the table.

Don't worry, I know how hard it is to believe in something that you believe is nonsense. That's how I feel about god and the bible.

Take care.

f

Moves
08 Aug 05

No, I'm a large. Boom boom!

Okay that out of the way. Do I believe in mediums? To be honest it depends. If you are on line go to TalkSport 1089mw as there is a subject on this at the moment. (Sunday 20:45GMT)
Yes I know 'It depends'' is an open answer but if you mean do I believe in these charlatens who go around 'entertaining' large crowds ...[text shortened]... ho knows?

In short I can't answer you mate. Sorry.

The following day I had an accident
Once there was a witch in Africa who everyone thought everything he said happened, ond day he pointed at a heathy guy and said "In 3 days you'll be dead" and sure enough he died, he just knew he was going to die, and he did,

Heres another true story which will compare to the first one, but in a different way, There was a guy who got locked in a refrigherater of boxcar of a train, He thought he was in the freezer car, he just knew he was going to freeze to death, he wrote on the walls of the boxcar and wrote "Im dying in here, It is so cold, Im gonna freeze any minute," When they opened the boxcar up the next day, they found him dead, but it never got colder then 55 degrees (F). So he knew he was gonna die, and he did. I wonder if this is basicly the same thing with your sister, I dont know,

but I do believe there are a few people who are actually mediums, (read that book I mentioned,)

DC
Flamenco Sketches

Spain, in spirit

Moves
08 Aug 05

These ouwigi (sp?) boards should never be made or sold.
"Ouija" boards work similar to "dowsing". They are a function of ideomotor actions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ideomotor

T
The-Sphinx

South East England

Moves
08 Aug 05

Thanks David C for spelling ouija. It's a weird word to spell. Thanks

:-)