Sex before marriage

Sex before marriage

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
21 Jul 14

Originally posted by vivify
There's an OT law commanding women to get stoned if she's not a virgin when she's married. So no sex before marriage existed before Christianity.
I don't think that is correct.
The verses I think you are referring to recommend stoning the woman
for deception ie pretending she is a virgin on the wedding night.

This? (Deut. 22:13-21).

Z

Moves
21 Jul 14

Originally posted by wolfgang59
I had a Jewish friend who was shagging a Rabbi at every opportunity. She
told me that the nowhere in the OT does it say sex before marriage is wrong.

So my question is; why was it wrong after Jesus?
a woman that proved to not be a virgin on wedding night was to be stoned. what do you think that says about this matter?

Moves
21 Jul 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Yes you spend time with the person getting to know them as a person.😲
a good connection as people doesnt always translate into a good sexual connection.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
21 Jul 14

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
a woman that proved to not be a virgin on wedding night was to be stoned. what do you think that says about this matter?
It says that getting married a non-virgin was punishable by death.

Now back to the topic ................

rc

Moves
21 Jul 14
1 edit

Originally posted by stellspalfie
a good connection as people doesnt always translate into a good sexual connection.
really? why do you think that if two people are not 'well connected', that healthy sexual relations might constitute a problem?

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
23 Jul 14

really? why do you think that if two people are not 'well connected', that healthy sexual relations might constitute a problem?
to be more frank;
would you buy a car without a test drive first?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
23 Jul 14

to be more frank;
would you buy a car without a test drive first?
A women is not a car, but a human being and potential marriage partner with feelings and emotions. A husband should not treat a potential bride like a whore.

Moves
23 Jul 14

do you think everybody who have a good connections as people, will also have a good sexual connection?

Moves
23 Jul 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
A women is not a car, but a human being and potential marriage partner with feelings and emotions. A husband should not treat a potential bride like a whore.
and sexual desires, how gutted will she be if she only finds out on her wedding day that the man of her dreams cant fulfil her desires, 60+ more years with a scratch she cant itch.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
23 Jul 14

I dare say I treat women a whole lot better than you!

OAa

Moves
24 Jul 14
1 edit

Their having sex would consummate their marriage. Once you get to that point you are intimately connected as a couple. The ceremony is superficial to the union before Yahweh. Though the exchange of vows and conferral of grace is very important to a lasting marriage.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
24 Jul 14

Originally posted by Of Ants and Imps
Their having sex would consummate their marriage. Once you get to that point you are intimately connected as a couple. The ceremony is superficial to the union before Yahweh. Though the exchange of vows and conferral of grace is very important to a lasting marriage.
But if one does not mean for this to be a marriage, he should go ahead and pay his money up front, so it is all clear and fair to the woman.

Z

Moves
24 Jul 14

I had a Jewish friend who was shagging a Rabbi at every opportunity. She
told me that the nowhere in the OT does it say sex before marriage is wrong.

So my question is; why was it wrong after Jesus?
there is no sex after marriage

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
24 Jul 14

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
there is no sex after marriage
Do you mean shagging?

Moves
24 Jul 14

Do you mean shagging?