1. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Dec '11 16:34
    Originally posted by FMF
    It's in the nature of the internet - and, indeed, a forum like this - that you hear things that you don't want to hear and get advice you didn't ask for, Rajk999. Frankly I'm surprised to find a poster like you trying to insulate yourself from such diversity, when a forum such as this is surely tailor made for people who pointedly don't want to insulate themselv ...[text shortened]... ble, is it not? - to have this chance - this virtual arena, in which - to disagree. 😵
    Good .. so we disagree. Cant remember a time we agreed. Buts thats fine .. 🙂
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Dec '11 16:36
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I walk away from those arguments. Thats my choice.
    Well it's better having you here, making your choices, and walking away from stuff you don't like, then not having you here. So let's hope your resolve to "move on" isn't something along the lines of the (relative) spate of resignations we've seen of late.
  3. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    10 Dec '11 16:392 edits
    Surely the instructions in Matt 28:19 cannot by any stretch of the imagination include discussing with atheists who claim ..

God is a dick
    God is horrific
    God is a murderer
    God is ... [post other insults here]

At that point a sensible Christian should know that its time to walk away and follow the instruction of Christ to 'shake the dust' .. etc. T ...[text shortened]... choice. I rather follow what Christ said. I walk away from those arguments. Thats my choice.
    Some of those are more blasphemous. Others are not but simply wayward opinions.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Dec '11 16:49
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well it's better having you here, making your choices, and walking away from stuff you don't like, then not having you here. So let's hope your resolve to "move on" isn't something along the lines of the (relative) spate of resignations we've seen of late.
    You for one should know that Ive been here a while. I dont get angry and post any 'last post' threads. If Im tired of posting I just disappear and then return when I had a rest.
    And its better having you here too .. I enjoy some of your posts .. not all ... some 🙂
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Dec '11 19:571 edit
    I am at a loss to understand why any serious Christian who knows the Bible would spend so much time and effort defending Christianity, or defending God etc etc., or aruging with atheists.

I fully appreciate why atheists want to argue; they need to convert the world and eliminate opposition to their lifestyle. They need support. Christians dont need any s ...[text shortened]... [/i]

Atheists are not interested in God or in the Bible so .. shake off the dust and move on.
    I believe this was the first time he had sent the disciples out to witness and
    it was just within a restricted area within Israel. So the expectation would
    be that they should be more likely to receive the message that their promised
    Messiah had come. They were not sent out with any provisions but were to
    accept the hospitality of others. But if the people of a city rejected their
    message, that was equal to rejectiong God. Therefore, the shaking off the
    dust was symbolic of God also rejecting these people.

Later, He sent them out to all areas of Israel with provisons to take care of
    themselves and even requested that they take a sword and even sell their
    coats and buy one if necessary. So the expectation was different and He
    gave no command to shake off the dust for those that did not receive the
    message.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Dec '11 20:03
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Some of those are more blasphemous. Others are not but simply wayward opinions.
    Those comments are not meant just as opinions. They certainly go deeper
    than that.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Dec '11 21:36
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I believe this was the first time he had sent the disciples out to witness and
    it was just within a restricted area within Israel. So the expectation would
    be that they should be more likely to receive the message that their promised
    Messiah had come. They were not sent out with any provisions but were to
    accept the hospitality of others. But if the p ...[text shortened]... erent and He
    gave no command to shake off the dust for those that did not receive the
    message.
    The message is the same, then and now ..

Matt 7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Dec '11 21:58
    The message is the same, then and now ..

Matt 7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.
    The swine will destroy the Shroud of Turin and the Sudarium, just like they did
    the other shrouds of Christ, if they could. It is good that the Roman Catholic
    Church keeps the two remaing cloths under tight control.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Dec '11 22:04
    Wrong thread RJH 🙂
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Dec '11 23:18
    Wrong thread RJH 🙂
    Okay. I should have looked to see the subject of this thread. However it is
    somewhat related to what you said about pearls of the faith. I see the
    shroud and the sudarium as pearls of the faith to be guarded from swine.
  11. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    11 Dec '11 01:13
    Church keeps the two remaining cloths under tight control.
    Who are you talking about?

It can't be atheists/skeptics/rationalists/scientists because we would certainly not destroy
    such an important historical artefact.
    The destruction of religious icons/art/temples/ect is done by other theists, not atheists.

So who are you talking about?
  12. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    11 Dec '11 01:24
    Surely the instructions in Matt 28:19 cannot by any stretch of the imagination include discussing with atheists who claim ..

God is a dick
    God is horrific
    God is a murderer
    God is ... [post other insults here]

At that point a sensible Christian should know that its time to walk away and follow the instruction of Christ to 'shake the dust' .. etc. T ...[text shortened]... choice. I rather follow what Christ said. I walk away from those arguments. Thats my choice.
    it bears noting that you should be more specific about which god is being "blasphemed"

i have and do accuse the bible-god of being a psychopathic murderer, but that is not blaspheming the name of god, that is pointing out an obvious observation concerning the bible-god or more specifically, the hebrew tribal deity.

but such a god as that can't be blasphemed against since it does not deserve any mote of reverence. such a god as that only deserves our disdain.
  13. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    11 Dec '11 01:25
    the other shrouds of christ? this just keeps getting better and better.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Dec '11 01:50
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    it bears noting that you should be more specific about which god is being "blasphemed"

i have and do accuse the bible-god of being a psychopathic murderer, but that is not blaspheming the name of god, that is pointing out an obvious observation concerning the bible-god or more specifically, the hebrew tribal deity.

but such a god as that can't be bl ...[text shortened]... nce it does not deserve any mote of reverence. such a god as that only deserves our disdain.
    Shake, Shake, Shake ...
  15. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    11 Dec '11 01:54
    Shake, Shake, Shake ...
    watch where you're shaking that dust. these floors have been cleaned. be sure to close the door on your way out, it's a bit drafty in here ever since you walked in treading your dirt with you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree