1. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    30 Nov '09 23:011 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    You're obviously a victim of relativism.

Truth is Truth. A lie is a lie.
    Yes, some things are true, regardless of whether anyone believes them, but determining the truth is not always a simple matter.

It is not relativism to admit it.
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    30 Nov '09 23:12
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Yes, some things are true, regardless of whether anyone believes them, but determining the truth is not always a simple matter.

It is not relativism to admit it.
    If determining the truth was left up to us we would be in the dark don't you think?

What if God told you the truth? Would you find it hard to believe the truth then?
  3. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    30 Nov '09 23:51
    If determining the truth was left up to us we would be in the dark don't you think?

What if God told you the truth? Would you find it hard to believe the truth then?
    It IS left up to us. We ARE in the dark on many issues. Occasionally we see glimmers of light - that's all.

It depends on what truth was told. Some things are easier to believe than others.
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    01 Dec '09 00:00
    It IS left up to us. We ARE in the dark on many issues. Occasionally we see glimmers of light - that's all.

It depends on what truth was told. Some things are easier to believe than others.
    Try this one: "In the beginning God created..."

Can you believe that? If not you're in deep trouble.
  5. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    01 Dec '09 00:12

What sort of trouble are we in if we don't believe it?

Are we grounded? Or is it some sort of corporal punishment?
  6. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    01 Dec '09 00:26

So tell me something I don't already know. I'm sure all atheists are 'in trouble' in your eyes for not believing as you do. 🙄
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    01 Dec '09 00:26
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    What sort of trouble are we in if we don't believe it?

Are we grounded? Or is it some sort of corporal punishment?
    It's up to you.
  8. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    01 Dec '09 00:27
    It's up to you.
    Last I checked, I could not decide to believe anything. But I'll let you know if it changes. 😛
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    01 Dec '09 00:30
    So tell me something I don't already know. I'm sure all atheists are 'in trouble' in your eyes for not believing as you do. 🙄
    Not just atheists.
  10. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    01 Dec '09 00:33
    It's up to you.
    Why is it up to me?
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    01 Dec '09 00:57
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Why is it up to me?
    Is someone forcing you to believe?
  12. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    01 Dec '09 10:47
    If you don't believe in God you are perfectly immature. Spiritually dead.
    What exactly is "Spiritually dead"?
  13. Joined
    13 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Dec '09 11:20
    In this forum, from what I've been reading in it, atheists are more coherent than the so-called Christians, (myself excluded of course); (not the topic of this thread).

The atheists are at least consistent in their beliefs, whereas the "Christians" are disunited and disjointed.

It's no wonder the atheist is in unbelief. I can't believe what I hear the ...[text shortened]... forum can ever be anything other than an exercise in futility.

Shame on the Christians.
    Why are you just focusing on the Christians in this forum? Surely all the different branches/factions of Christianity around the world have the same effect on Atheists. You are absolutely right. How can anyone believe in God when there are as many "Gods" or interpretations of "God" as there are religious people? Every religious person has their own interpretation of God no matter what their religion or branch of it or individual understanding of the language used in the religious texts or spoken teachings. You are really onto a fundamental Atheist argument here. You are almost saved!

Please don't ruin your excellent thread by now implying that your own interpretation just happens to be the "truth". Please!!
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Dec '09 19:321 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    [b]In regards to this forum, atheists believe one thing "there is no god".

Christians believe lots of things relating to their belief in god and therefore there is more to disagree about.

Your point is moot.

Actually, you made my point. Shame on the Christians for giving atheists reason not to believe.

...[text shortened]... the non believer believe the Christians when the Christians can't agree on what they believe?[/b]
    I've never met a Christian I agree with, but I don't have any problem believing.

If 'someone' thinks you are an idiot for what you believe and 100 other people say well I believe what he believes - do you think 'someone' will change his opinion?
  15. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    02 Dec '09 08:39
    In this forum, from what I've been reading in it, atheists are more coherent than the so-called Christians, (myself excluded of course); (not the topic of this thread).

The atheists are at least consistent in their beliefs, whereas the "Christians" are disunited and disjointed.

It's no wonder the atheist is in unbelief. I can't believe what I hear the ...[text shortened]... forum can ever be anything other than an exercise in futility.

Shame on the Christians.
    you mean they cannot agree with you on what god is and who he is

"atheists are more coherent than the so-called Christians, (myself excluded of course)"
    i would like to disagree with this statement. guess which part of it i am disagreeing with!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree