1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Apr '06 12:59
    I heard a preacher talk about this topic. If Good Friday was the day Christ was crucified and Sunday was the day he arose, then how is it that Christ was in the tomb for 3 days and 3 nights? Just wondered if anyone knows the answer.

Personally I do not think it important which day we celebrate Easter. For me the topic is trivial but interesting.
  2. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    03 Apr '06 13:31
    Originally posted by whodey
    I heard a preacher talk about this topic. If Good Friday was the day Christ was crucified and Sunday was the day he arose, then how is it that Christ was in the tomb for 3 days and 3 nights? Just wondered if anyone knows the answer.

Personally I do not think it important which day we celebrate Easter. For me the topic is trivial but interesting.
    He wasn't crucified on Friday. The passages talk about more than one holy day; He was crucified on Wednesday.
  3. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    03 Apr '06 13:32
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    He wasn't crucified on Friday. The passages talk about more than one holy day; He was crucified on Wednesday.
    I wonder if Odin also crucified himself on Wednesday.
  4. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    03 Apr '06 13:36
    He was crucified on Wednesday.
    Six-day weekend?
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Apr '06 13:36
    Very good. This is what the preacher said as well. He was crucified on a wednesday and arose on the sabbath on saturday.
  6. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    03 Apr '06 13:45
    Originally posted by whodey
    Very good. This is what the preacher said as well. He was crucified on a wednesday and arose on the sabbath on saturday.
    Sorry, I typed before I thought. He was arrested on Wednesday, not crucified until the next day.

His body was then in the tomb Thursday night, Friday night and Saturday night, and was rasied the dead on Sunday morning.
  7. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    03 Apr '06 14:05
    Sorry, I typed before I thought. He was arrested on Wednesday, not crucified until the next day.

His body was then in the tomb Thursday night, Friday night and Saturday night, and was rasied the dead on Sunday morning.
    Here's a somewhat reliable post on the subject:

http://askelm.com/news/n010501.htm

He does a good job of outlining and tracing the sundry issues for each of the days in theory.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Apr '06 14:25
    Here's a somewhat reliable post on the subject:

http://askelm.com/news/n010501.htm

He does a good job of outlining and tracing the sundry issues for each of the days in theory.
    Interesting. Here is a sight that seems to think that Christ was raised on Saturday.

http://www.yephiah.com/wednesday.html

Personally it matters little to me which day it was. What is certain, however, is that the current perception is wrong as to when these events unfolded.
  9. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    03 Apr '06 14:36
    While some traditions are right to hang onto, a lot of them end up yielding thoughts and actions initially unintended.
  10. Standard memberDixon Bainbridge
    Look out Cliff.
    Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Apr '06 14:38

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    03 Apr '06 14:50
    Easter is derived from the vernal equiniox and should be on that day. It is day of ancient fertility and world renewal ceremonies. Let's all work to restore it before it is too late.
  12. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    03 Apr '06 14:53
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    Easter is derived from the vernal equiniox and should be on that day. It is day of ancient fertility and world renewal ceremonies. Let's all work to restore it before it is too late.
    It's too late.
  13. An' it harms none...
    Moves
    03 Apr '06 15:32
    It's too late.
    It's never too late, but Easter/Ostara has been and gone for this year.
  14. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    03 Apr '06 15:33
    Originally posted by dags
    It's never too late, but Easter/Ostara has been and gone for this year.
    Aren't you the clever one?
  15. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    03 Apr '06 15:42
    Aren't you the clever one?
    Everyone that posts here is clever, especially those that haunt the Spirituality forum.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree