1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 Jun '18 01:09
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Identify which part of anything I wrote is Satanic.

You haven't done any kind of effective job of proving how I interpret the various verses is Satanic.

You may disagree.
    You may seriously disagree.

You haven't demonstrated any work of the Devil in how I have taught the oracles of God.
    I have so many times. You are blind so you can't see it.
  2. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    19 Jun '18 04:251 edit
    Originally posted by @eladar
    If what you say is accurate Catholic teachings are Satanic too.
    I think it was more of a pragmatic sort of motive than a 'Satanic' label would imply. It had to do with motivating good behavior from adolescent boys without terrorizing them too much. If they believed that God loves them and they have every chance to ultimately go to Heaven but could face some rough punishments in purgatory for sins committed along the way, they were more likely to stay under control in school without being completely terrorized.

This is still serious emotional abuse, that where institutionalized, indicts the Church, as an evildoer, no doubt in my mind. But to cast it in Satanic terms is, well, not helpful. In fact, it continues the abusive atmosphere IMO.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree