1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 22:01
    Originally posted by @js357
    OK I’ll settle down and look forward to his opinion on this hypothetical man’s fate.
    Make sure you don't hold your breath.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 22:02
    Originally posted by @sonship
    I am not here to conduct the last judgment for anyone on this Forum.

If you want to talk about what James means by Faith without works is DEAD, I have explained some of that.

Do you have a question or comment about what I wrote there?
    According to your theology if fmf at one time accepted Jesus in his heart but later rejected Jesus and rejects until the day he dies, is fmf saved?

Simple question to help clarify your beliefs.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 22:091 edit
    Lets add a lttle.

The word SAVE in the NT may take on different significances.

In James we read about the implanted living word of God which is able to SAVE ... your soul.

James 1:21
    King James Bible
    Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.

Christian Standard Bible

Therefore, ridding yourselves of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent, humbly receive the implanted word, which is able to save your souls.

Here the saving of the soul is about transformation of the soul.

Your mind, emotion and will are NOT like the mind, emotion and will of Jesus Christ ? Then you need the SAVING of your mind, emotion, and will. You need the SAVING of your SOUL.

You are not like Jesus in your SOUL ?
    You need to be SAVED by the transformation of your SOUL.

The implanted living word of God, if you allow it to operate in you, is able to transform you into the image of Jesus Christ. It is able to SAVE your soul.

The bottom line of this post is that sometimes SAVED, or SAVING, or SALVATION is about something other than rescue from wrathful condemnation.
  4. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 22:14
    😕
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 22:195 edits
    Originally posted by @eladar
    According to your theology if fmf at one time accepted Jesus in his heart but later rejected Jesus and rejects until the day he dies, is fmf saved?

Okay.

If FMF received Jesus Christ at some time in his past, and now wants to be an atheist, he will be disappointed as far as that is concerned. He'll still be eternally saved.

Did you ever read in the New Testament about people on Paul's apostolic team which let their consciences be so darkened that Paul says their faith became "shipwrecked?".

The New Testament gave us heads up. Even some of those who were on Paul's apostolic team backslid to the point that their faith became "shipwrecked".

If I have been given heads up that this happened then, should I be shocked that today it might ?

God knows if FMF is eternally saved or not.
    Whatever his state I don't encourage anyone to imitate his experience.

As for me? I drop two tears about it and KEEP on MOVING forward.

Jesus said to me " [You] ... follow Me."
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 22:24

Okay.

If FMF received Jesus Christ at some time in his past, and now wants to be an atheist, he will be disappointed as far as that is conc ...[text shortened]... about it and KEEP on MOVING forward.

Jesus said to me [b]" [You] ... follow Me."
    [/b]
    Ok at least you answered it.

FMF is going to heaven even though he now rejects Jesus because at one time he accepted accepted Jesus.

This is your theology.

See what I mean Tom?
  7. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 22:42
    I did a double-take. But I see.
  8. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 22:462 edits
    Ok at least you answered it.

FMF is going to heaven even though he now rejects Jesus because at one time he accepted accepted Jesus.

This is your theology.

See what I mean Tom?
    My Catholic teachers said much the same thing, that once Baptized into the Church, you were fully and permanently heaven-bound even though you may deserve and endure significant soul-cleansing on the way.

I am becoming convinced that Catholicism as built in the community of my youth differed dignificantly from Catholicism as defined in the Vatican and academic reaches of the church. On the ground it was a helper in the raising of children and if the young retained into adulthood a childlike acceptance of what to believe and how to behave, that was fine. I’d say this approach held until the ‘60’s in the US when liberation movements demanded treatment of the faithful as adults.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 22:534 edits

I wrote nothing about going anywhere.

Whom God foreknew He predestinated to be conformed to the image of His Son.

Where are we going? We're going to Jesus.

"Because those who He foreknew, He also predestinated to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the Firstborn among many brothers. " (Rom. 8:29)

He has eternity.
    You think you can give Him a little trouble?

From the divine standpoint it is already accomplished to the saved.

"And those whom He predestinated, these He also called, and those whom He called, these He also justified; and those whom He justified, these he also glorified." (v.30)

In the book of Revelation John already saw everyone who is saved and going to be saved eternally built up into the New Jerusalem.

John already SAW me there.
    Some of you, he already time traveled in a vision to the future. He already saw you there conformed to the image of the Firstborn Son of God, built up as God's living eternal city.
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 23:03
    Originally posted by @js357
    My Catholic teachers said much the same thing, that once Baptized into the Church, you were fully and permanently heaven-bound even though you may deserve and endure significant soul-cleansing on the way.

I am becoming convinced that Catholicism as built in the community of my youth differed dignificantly from Catholicism as defined in the Vatican and acad ...[text shortened]... ntil the ‘60’s in the US when liberation movements demanded treatment of the faithful as adults.
    If what you say is accurate Catholic teachings are Satanic too.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 23:102 edits
    If what you say is accurate Catholic teachings are Satanic too.
    And you bore false witness by saying that I twisted the meanings of John 14:16; Eph.1:13,14; Eph. 4:30.

You didn't prove how I twisted the words.
    You didn't demonstrate how what the verses SAY was made by me to SAY something ELSE by twisting.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 23:15
    And you bore false witness by saying that I twisted the meanings of [b]John 14:16; Eph.1:13,14; Eph. 4:30.

You didn't prove how I twisted the words.
    You didn't demonstrate how what the verses SAY was made by me to SAY something ELSE by twisting.[/b]
    I am simply saying your point of view is satanic. Say what you want.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 23:561 edit
    Identify which part of anything I wrote is Satanic.

You haven't done any kind of effective job of proving how I interpret the various verses is Satanic.

You may disagree.
    You may seriously disagree.

You haven't demonstrated any work of the Devil in how I have taught the oracles of God.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Jun '18 00:022 edits
    Did I deny that the Lord Jesus said there is a narrow way which leads to life and a broad way that leads to destruction ?

Where did I deny the narrow way verses the broad way ?

Look at the immediate example of the Christian who SAYS go and be warned to the destitute fellow Christian in James 2:14-17.

Do you think that I teach such a one is not on a broad way which leads to destruction? Will not his selfish habit be destroyed before he enters into eternity, one way or another ?

The inevitable transformation of his soul will necessitate the destruction of certain elements I him. The inevitable transformation of his soul will necessitate that he be eventually restricted to the narrow way of divine life.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Jun '18 00:044 edits
    Now clear it up for us Elader.

The GIFT of God is eternal life or the LOAN of God is eternal life?

"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 6:23)

What ?? It is Satanic for me to believe and teach that the GIFT of God is eternal life ??

What? I am following Satan by teaching people that "the GIFT of God is eternal life? "

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree