Simulationism and QOL vs QOS

Simulationism and QOL vs QOS

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Feb 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Not sure about the aliens, but we are heading towards a future of augmented reality where we perhaps live our lives as avatars.
I hope you come up (or are given) a better avatar than the one you’ve got now.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Feb 22
2 edits

@PB1022

As you noted, God creates a new Heaven and a new earth, according to Revelation. This earth ceases to exist and therefore is not maintained forever, imo.

I believe God creating a new earth is literal.

“And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

That's what I mean. Sorry.

The elements are burned eith intense heat, meltedd away. Then the new earth arrives.

" But the day of the Lord will come as a theif, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar,

With a roar it will all be replaced sometime after the millennial kingdom.

" . . . the heavens will pass away with a roar, and the elements, buring with intense heat, will dissolve, and the earth and the works in it will be burned up.

Since all thse things are to be thus dissolved, what kind of persons ought you to be in holy manner of life and godliness,

Expecting and hasxtening the coming of the day of God, on account of which the heavens, being on fire, will be dissolved, and the elements, burning with intense heat, are to be melted away? (2 Pet. 3:10-12)

But we are expecting NEW Heavens and NEW earth in which righteousness dwells forever.

"But according to His promise we are expecting new heavens and a new earth, in which RIGHEOUSNESS dwells." (v.13)

Oh, I could write more. But that is comforting and trustworthy.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Feb 22
1 edit

Typos corrected ( I'm sorry)

" . . . the heavens will pass away with a roar, and the elements, burning with intense heat, will dissolve, and the earth and the works in it will be burned up.

Since all these things are to be thus dissolved, what kind of persons ought you to be in holy manner of life and godliness,

Expecting and hastening the coming of the day of God, on account of which the heavens, being on fire, will be dissolved, and the elements, burning with intense heat, are to be melted away?" (2 Pet. 3:10-12)

Here is a song I wrote to these verses

Expecting and Hastening

https://soundcloud.com/jack-wilmore/expecting-and-hastening-2-pet-312

Über-Nerd

Moves
14 Feb 22

@sonship said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke
No. But the earth was made for man. And man was made for the eternal purpose of God. We are not an after thought or accident.

You watch. When the James Webb telescope get up and operational fully we will have even MORE of a sense that we here humans on this planet must be special.

That's my prediction.
"Often a non-Christian knows something about the earth, the heavens, and the other parts of the world, about the motions and orbits of the stars and even their sizes and distances, ... and this knowledge he holds with certainty from reason and experience. It is thus offensive and disgraceful for an unbeliever to hear a Christian talk nonsense about such things, claiming that what he is saying is based in Scripture. We should do all that we can to avoid such an embarrassing situation, lest the unbeliever see only ignorance in the Christian and laugh to scorn"

St Augustine of Hippo, in De Genesis ad litteram

From the profile of another occasional poster here.

The Webb telescope will prove nothing about God, one way or the other. It will confirm what we already know, namely, that the material universe is very very big.