Simulationism and QOL vs QOS

Simulationism and QOL vs QOS

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
12 Feb 22

If (as I don't believe) we are living in a high-rez simulation run by advanced aliens or AIs from our own future, I wonder if there might be an inverse correlation between Quality of Life (QOL) and Quality of Simulation (QOS), to wit:

Pristine, well-maintained environments populated with relatively artificial and predictable people probably have a lower computational cost per moment (with moments measure in micro-Bergsons) than shabby, cluttered environments populated with a variety of people who are mixed bags in their own individual ways.

If that's the case, then I might be living in a posher level than one might assume at first glance.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Feb 22
3 edits

@Kevin-Eleven

I think more and more some modern thinkers trying to make sense of the universe. It looks real on a high level. But the more down to minute details they study the wonderment encreases that its not really real. Hence they suspect some simulation is going on as if we're in a matrix.

My opnion is that this perplexity is solved just by realizing that a God of love has designed everything in the universe for His purposes which center on humanity. We're not being tricked or deceived. We really are on His heart and the surrounding universee was made with us in mind as the most important item in His creation.

But when you begin to view man as some accident or just another animal only or some other devaluing iur status as made in the image of God (Gen. 1:26,27) these suspicions mount up I think.

"We cannot be the crown of creation.
We can't be the center of high point of the universe.
Look at us. We're a mess.
Even the cockroach is more likely to out live us here.
That is arrogance and pride and folly.
It only appears to us to be created with us in mind.
There is simulation or matrix like nature of reality which has us all thinking we're
special. Its illusion. Its not real. And it certainly does not have us in mind."

The tendency can be very strong like a hyper Copernican decentralization of human beings. I would succumb to this too except centrality of a glorious personality whose splendour and words cannot be overlooked - Jesus Christ.

What He lived, what He spoke, what He did all says we are significant, God did create man connected to the world yet in His own image and according to His likeness.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Feb 22
1 edit

The heavens were made for the earth.
The earth was made for man.
And man was made with a spirit to contact, touch, and contain God.

I like Zechariah 12:1 which says this much:

"The burden of the word of Jehovah concerning Isreal. Thus declares Jehovah, who stretches forth the heavens and lays the foundation of the earth and forms the spirit of man within him."

See? The expanding and stetching universe was made the earth.
The earth's foundation was laid for the existence of human beings and man.
And God put within man a kind of living antenna to pick up and receive God Himself who is the Creator and transcends all creation.

Without this revelation and God making man in His image and likeness, we are adrift in bewilderment. Something has to replace God and something has to be imagined to make sense of the surrounding environment into which we've been purposely placed.

Moves
12 Feb 22

@kevin-eleven said
If (as I don't believe) we are living in a high-rez simulation run by advanced aliens or AIs from our own future, I wonder if there might be an inverse correlation between Quality of Life (QOL) and Quality of Simulation (QOS), to wit:

Pristine, well-maintained environments populated with relatively artificial and predictable people probably have a lower computational ...[text shortened]...
If that's the case, then I might be living in a posher level than one might assume at first glance.
Just watched “The Thirteenth Floor” by any chance?

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
12 Feb 22

@sonship said
The heavens were made for the earth.
The earth was made for man.
And man was made with a spirit to contact, touch, and contain God.

I like Zechariah 12:1 which says this much:

[b]"The burden of the word of Jehovah concerning Isreal. Thus declares Jehovah, who stretches forth the heavens and lays the foundation of the earth and forms the spirit ...[text shortened]... to be imagined to make sense of the surrounding environment into which we've been purposely placed.
We were not placed here, we evolved to get here, just like every other creature on the planet. The Earth was not made for man. Indeed, in the history of the world we have barely featured and if humanity was wiped out tomorrow the Earth would continue to spin quite happily without us.

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
12 Feb 22

@kevin-eleven said
If (as I don't believe) we are living in a high-rez simulation run by advanced aliens or AIs from our own future, I wonder if there might be an inverse correlation between Quality of Life (QOL) and Quality of Simulation (QOS)
you are the glitch in the matrix
you will be assimilated

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Feb 22
2 edits

@Ghost-of-a-Duke
No. But the earth was made for man. And man was made for the eternal purpose of God. We are not an after thought or accident.

You watch. When the James Webb telescope get up and operational fully we will have even MORE of a sense that we here humans on this planet must be special.

That's my prediction.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Feb 22
2 edits

The creation is waiting eagerly for the manifestation of the sons of God.

"For the anxious watching of the creation EAGERLY awaits the revelation of the sons of God. (v.19)

For the creation was made subject to vanity, not of its own will, but because of Him who subjected it. (v.20)

In hope that the creation itself will also be freed from the slavery of corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God. (v.21)

For we know that the whole creation groans together and travails in pain together until now. (v.22)

And not only o, but we ourselves also, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan in ourslevers, eagerly awaiting sonship, the redemption of our body." (v.23)
See Romans 8:19-23.

No, I mean SEE . . . Romans 8:19-23.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
12 Feb 22

@sonship said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke
No. But the earth was made for man. And man was made for the eternal purpose of God. We are not an after thought or accident.

You watch. When the James Webb telescope get up and operational fully we will have even MORE of a sense that we here humans on this planet must be special.

That's my prediction.
The folly of human arrogance. We are no more than a flicker in the history of time. The telescope will merely confirm how insignificant mankind is in the vastness of space.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Feb 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
The folly of human arrogance. We are no more than a flicker in the history of time. The telescope will merely confirm how insignificant mankind is in the vastness of space.
Mankind is not insignificant in God’s eyes

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
12 Feb 22

@kevin-eleven said

Pristine, well-maintained environments populated with relatively artificial and predictable people probably have a lower computational ...[text shortened]...
Not sure about the aliens, but we are heading towards a future of augmented reality where we perhaps live our lives as avatars.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Feb 22

@PB1022

Yes, and man's planet, the earth is the basis of the kingdom of God.
He loves the earth.
He loves man.

And the sons of God will reign in His kingdom on the earth. So the earth must be maintained by God forever somehow.

I wrote a song about the new heavens and the new earth in whch righteousness dwells. ( 2 Peter 3:13)

https://soundcloud.com/jack-wilmore/expecting-and-hastening-2-pet-312?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Feb 22
1 edit

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

But without the earth there would have been no incarnation and no crucifixion.
Wiithout the earth there would have been no perfect living of Emmanuel (God with us) and the
resurrection.

God didn't do these things on Mars or on the Moon but on the Earth.
The earth is important to God as man is also.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
13 Feb 22

@sonship said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke

But without the earth there would have been no incarnation and no crucifixion.
Wiithout the earth there would have been no perfect living of Emmanuel [b](G ...[text shortened]... e things on Mars or on the Moon but on the Earth.
The earth is important to God as man is also.
Why are you addressing those musings to an atheist?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Feb 22

@sonship said
@PB1022

Yes, and man's planet, the earth is the basis of the kingdom of God.
He loves the earth.
He loves man.

And the sons of God will reign in His kingdom on the earth. So the earth must be maintained by God forever somehow.

I wrote a song about the new heavens and the new earth in whch righteousness dwells. ( 2 Peter 3:13)

https://soundcloud.com/jack-wilmore/expecting-and-hastening-2-pet-312?
As you noted, God creates a new Heaven and a new earth, according to Revelation. This earth ceases to exist and therefore is not maintained forever, imo.

I believe God creating a new earth is literal.

“And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.”

(Revelation 21:1-5)