1. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    05 Sep '16 04:061 edit
    I would like to know from other Christians who believe the Bible to be the word of God: does God view certain sins to be worse than others? Do you believe there are 'big sinners' and 'small sinners'? Will some people people receive a lighter punishment than others on judgement day? What do you believe to be the criteria by which God will justify or condemn people? I am interested in what the Bible says on the topic.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Sep '16 06:452 edits
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    I would like to know from other Christians who believe the Bible to be the word of God: does God view certain sins to be worse than others? Do you believe there are 'big sinners' and 'small sinners'? Will some people people receive a lighter punishment than others on judgement day? What do you believe to be the criteria by which God will justify or condemn people? I am interested in what the Bible says on the topic.
    Why do some Christians continually percieve God though a lens of punishment, condemnation and retribution? I observe this misanthropy to be form of spiritual blood-lust, where those who see themselves as "safe" enjoy grotesquely smirking at those they percieve as being in the clutches of thier monstrous version of an incoherent nonsensical version of God, who on the one hand loves them with the love of Jn 3:16, but on the other will spectate over the flesh-melting apocalypse of appalling eternal suffering for those who reject that love.
  3. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    05 Sep '16 06:49
    "Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit shall not be forgiven..." sounds somewhat worse than the others.
  4. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    05 Sep '16 06:56
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Why do some Christians continually percieve God though a lens of punishment, condemnation and retribution? I observe this misanthropy to be form of spiritual blood-lust, where those who see themselves as "safe" enjoy grotesquely smirking at those they percieve as being in the clutches of thier monstrous version of an incoherent nonsensical version of God ...[text shortened]... over the flesh-melting apocalypse of appalling eternal suffering for those who reject that love.
    Do you any scriptural references and interpretations for your beliefs on this topic or do you just prefer to ignore what is written in the Bible?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Sep '16 06:57
    Do you any scriptural references and interpretations for your beliefs on this topic or do you just prefer to ignore what is written in the Bible?
    Do you have any scriptural references for what it is you think I'm ignoring in the bible?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Sep '16 07:02
    Fetchmyjunk:
    I have some unassailable preconceived beliefs which are true because they are in the Bible.

Other poster:
    Do you believe X?

Fetchmyjunk:
    So you have no universal truth?

Other poster:
    Your beliefs you are talking seem to be nonsensical.

Fetchmyjunk:
    Do you have scriptural evidence to prove this?
  7. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    05 Sep '16 07:03
    Do you have any scriptural references for what it is you think I'm ignoring in the bible?
    Revelation 21:8

But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”

Matthew 25:46

Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.

Thessalonians 1:9

They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might..

Matthew 13:50
    ...and throw them into the blazing furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Mark 9:43

If your hand causes you to stumble, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life maimed than with two hands to go into hell, where the fire never goes out.

Matthew 25:41

“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

2 Peter 2:4

For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them in chains of darkness to be held for judgment;

Revelation 20:13-14
    The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done. Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death.

Matthew 10:28
    Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

How do you interpret these few verses above?
  8. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    05 Sep '16 07:06
    Fetchmyjunk:
    I have some unassailable preconceived beliefs which are true because they are in the Bible.

Other poster:
    Do you believe X?

Fetchmyjunk:
    So you have no universal truth?

Other poster:
    Your beliefs you are talking seem to be nonsensical.

Fetchmyjunk:
    Do you have scriptural evidence to prove this?
    Do you view the Bible as a source of universal truth or does it only apply to you and no one else?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Sep '16 07:15
    Do you view the Bible as a source of universal truth or does it only apply to you and no one else?
    I've told you this already, why do you keep asking?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Sep '16 07:17

But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”

Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.

Thess ...[text shortened]... One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

That took you less than 5 minutes. Do you have a tract on this that you hand out at your church door?
  11. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    05 Sep '16 07:18
    I've told you this already, why do you keep asking?
    If as you say you "believe and accept that the entire bible is the unquestionable literal word of God", how do you interpret the verse I quoted to you from the Bible?
  12. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    05 Sep '16 07:191 edit
    That took you less than 5 minutes. Do you have a tract on this that you hand out at your church door?
    You should learn how to use google. It can save you time. 🙂

Interesting that you accuse me of dodging questions ey?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Sep '16 07:21

Thess ...[text shortened]... One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

Rev 21:4
    And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Col 1:20
    ...and through him (Jesus) to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

Jn 3:16
    For God so loved the world that he gave his only son, the whoever believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Sep '16 07:22
    You should learn how to use google. It can save you time. 🙂

Interesting that you accuse me of dodging questions ey?
    Not really I've just replied. Perhaps if you give me more that 3 minutes to do so you wouldn't come across like you are dribbling on your keyboard.
  15. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    05 Sep '16 07:23
    Rev 21:4
    And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Col 1:20
    ...and through him (Jesus) to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood ...[text shortened]... ld that he gave his only son, the whoever believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.
    Those are gems. Now how do you interpret the verses I posted before? Or do you choose to ignore them and read the ones you like?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree