1. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    04 Apr '12 04:31
    So is sitting on the throne and being in the center of the throne equivalent? For we see One sitting on the throne so at the same time how can one be in the center of the throne? Just asking because this shows the true identity of the Lamb.

13 Then one of the elders answered, saying to me, “These who are clothed in the white robes, who are they, and where have they come from?” 14 I said to him, “My lord, you know.” And he said to me, “These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. 15 For this reason, they are before the throne of God; and they serve Him day and night in His temple; and He who sits on the throne will spread His tabernacle over them. 16 They will hunger no longer, nor thirst anymore; nor will the sun beat down on them, nor any heat; 17 for the Lamb in the center of the throne will be their shepherd, and will guide them to springs of the water of life; and God will wipe every tear from their eyes.”

Manny
  2. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    04 Apr '12 04:35
    Also more than 144,000 are seen before the throne and before God in Heaven

A Multitude from the Tribulation

9 After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could count, from every nation and all tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, and palm branches were in their hands; 10 and they cry out with a loud voice, saying,

From Revelation 7:9......a great multitude which no one could count (more than the 144k)

Manny
  3. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    09 Apr '12 09:40
    Originally posted by menace71
    Also more than 144,000 are seen before the throne and before God in Heaven

A Multitude from the Tribulation

9 After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could count, from every nation and all tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, and palm br ...[text shortened]... velation 7:9......a great multitude which no one could count (more than the 144k)

Manny
    So someone clearly could have counted had they understood how to use the mathematics? Ignorance is (heavenly) bliss.

Mind you. the same problem arises when the police are asked to estimate the number of marchers on a protest against the Government. Is there a connection?
  4. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    10 Apr '12 12:024 edits
    Originally posted by menace71
    So is sitting on the throne and being in the center of the throne equivalent? For we see One sitting on the throne so at the same time how can one be in the center of the throne? Just asking because this shows the true identity of the Lamb.

13 Then one of the elders answered, saying to me, “These who are clothed in the white robes, who are they, and w ...[text shortened]... de them to springs of the water of life; and God will wipe every tear from their eyes.”

Manny

13 Then one of the elders answered, saying to me, “These who are clothed in the white robes, who are they, and where have they come from?” 14 I said to him, “My lord, you know.” And he said to me, “These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. 15 For this reason, they are before the throne of God; and they serve Him day and night in His temple; and He who sits on the throne will spread His tabernacle over them. 16 They will hunger no longer, nor thirst anymore; nor will the sun beat down on them, nor any heat; 17 for the Lamb in the center of the throne will be their shepherd, and will guide them to springs of the water of life; and God will wipe every tear from their eyes.”

"On the throne" & "in the midst of the throne."

Many of the profound truths conveyed in Revelation are made known by SIGNS. Chapter 1 - Verse 1 "The Revelation of Jesus Christ which God gave to Him to show to His slaves, ... and He made it known by SIGNS, ... "

This would mean symbols with spiritual significance, such as seen lampstands, seven stars, even the city New Jerusalem at the conclusion.

Because the Triune God passed through a kind of process of incarnation, human living, death, resurrection, ascension, enthronement, life imparting, these "stages" are conveyed also in signs.

I thnk this is why John saw one sign consisting of God on the throne and the Lamb (the Redeeming Man) in the midst of the throne. The process of God's becoming flesh and the Son becoming the Lord and Christ is being conveyed.

God is now mingled with man. And I think that probably there is no SIGN or symbolic picture in Revelation, the truth of which could not be found in plain words of teaching elsewhere in the Bible.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree