1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 07:01
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Not according to the Bible.

You'd think that if having slaves was inherently sinful God would have instructed Christian slave owners to free their slaves.
    The Bible was written by people who were describing the nuts and bolts of their own superstitions and who, at the same time, didn't think having slaves was wrong, so it's not all that surprising.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 10:56
    Of course it is if you are talking sex slaves.
    Clearly you are not using the whole bible to determine your answer here.

Slavery in Bible times was not contrary to the laws of the land. It is now. So if a Christian engages in slavery he is disobeying the law of the land, and both Christ and Paul said that the governments are placed there by God and these must be followed.

If however there is a country where slavery / forced labour is still legal then that is s different story.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 11:24
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Are you actually asking if being racist follows God's will?
    Slavery isn't only about racism, there are slaves of the same race all over the world. Slavery is about power over individuals or ownership of individuals.
  4. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 11:31
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Clearly you are not using the whole bible to determine your answer here.

Slavery in Bible times was not contrary to the laws of the land. It is now. So if a Christian engages in slavery he is disobeying the law of the land, and both Christ and Paul said that the governments are placed there by God and these must be followed.

If however there is a country where slavery / forced labour is still legal then that is s different story.
    I suppose that it is an easy statement to make when you are on this side of the fence. If T & T became a slave state tomorrow and slavery became the 'law of the land' would you willfully become a slave if forced, giving up all that you owned to do another's bidding? Family, possessions, homes and business? Just wondering.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 11:52
    Originally posted by @leunammi
    I suppose that it is an easy statement to make when you are on this side of the fence. If T & T became a slave state tomorrow and slavery became the 'law of the land' would you willfully become a slave if forced, giving up all that you owned to do another's bidding? Family, possessions, homes and business? Just wondering.
    If the law of the land changed I would be neither a slave nor a slave owner.
  6. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 11:55
    If T & T became a slave state tomorrow and slavery became the 'law of the land' would you willfully become a slave if forced, giving up all that you owned to do another's bidding? Family, possessions, homes and business? Just wondering.

If you were to take the time to consider your question, would you be able to see how poorly thought out it is? Just wondering.
  7. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 12:01
    If the law of the land changed I would be neither a slave nor a slave owner.
    Can you elaborate?
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 12:08
    Can you elaborate?
    No thanks.
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 12:10
    Of course it is if you are talking sex slaves.
    Deuteronomy 21
    10When thou goest forth to war against thine enemies, and the LORD thy God hath delivered them into thine hands, and thou hast taken them captive, 11And seest among the captives a beautiful woman, and hast a desire unto her, that thou wouldest have her to thy wife; 12Then thou shalt bring her home to thine house; and she shall shave her head, and pare her nails; 13And she shall put the raiment of her captivity from off her, and shall remain in thine house, and bewail her father and her mother a full month: and after that thou shalt go in unto her, and be her husband, and she shall be thy wife. 14And it shall be, if thou have no delight in her, then thou shalt let her go whither she will; but thou shalt not sell her at all for money, thou shalt not make merchandise of her, because thou hast humbled her.
  10. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 12:11
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    [b] If T & T became a slave state tomorrow and slavery became the 'law of the land' would you willfully become a slave if forced, giving up all that you owned to do another's bidding? Family, possessions, homes and business? Just wondering.

If you were to take the time to consider your question, would you be able to see how poorly thought out it is? Just wondering.[/b]
    Well I can see how you might be implying 'willfully' and 'slave' as contradictory, if that is what you are driving at. My point is, if such a thing were to befall an individual (in this case Rajk999), a county becoming a slave state that is, would there be resistance to being forced into slavery or would he willfully become a slave? Assuming that going into slavery is iforced.

In other words; you are going to be a slave, it is going to be the 'law of the land', do you go willfully or do you resist. I only ask, because as I read Rajk999's comment he would comply or 'it would be a different story'. Just trying to understand what he meant by his comment, nothing more.
  11. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 12:12
    No thanks.
    Figured as much, thanks anyways.
  12. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 12:292 edits
    Well I can see how you might be implying 'willfully' and 'slave' as contradictory, if that is what you are driving at. My point is, if such a thing were to befall an individual (in this case Rajk999), a county becoming a slave state that is, would there be resistance to being forced into slavery or would he willfully become a slave? Assuming that going i ...[text shortened]... ld be a different story'. Just trying to understand what he meant by his comment, nothing more.
    Well there is that and actually the contradiction is between "forced" and "willfully".

Seeing as you've repeated it in your response, evidently you can't see it.

On a deeper level, there are implications for those who believe in "Biblical inerrancy" and that "all scripture is the word of God." Do you?
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 12:30
    Figured as much, thanks anyways.
    'Figured as much' is another example of a snide remark that appears harmless but its intention is to insult.

Asking me personal questions about what I do or would not do is another low ploy used in discussions to steer the discussion away from the main point toward a specific poster.

You do these things all the time .. you make snide remarks and you get personal.

I do no such thing. I never steer discussions toward people personally.
    I keep all these discussions to the point without involving anyones personal life or situation.

I use insults AFTER you people do this to me and you do it all the time, because generally you cannot present your arguments properly. You have half baked ideas in your head and you lack the ability to present them properly so you get personal ... you are a sickening person.
  14. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 13:20
    'Figured as much' is another example of a snide remark that appears harmless but its intention is to insult.

Asking me personal questions about what I do or would not do is another low ploy used in discussions to steer the discussion away from the main point toward a specific poster.

You do these things all the time .. you make snide remarks and you ...[text shortened]... ou lack the ability to present them properly so you get personal ... you are a sickening person.
    You made a statement, I asked a question. I am just trying to understand what you were meaning by your comment. If you want to make something larger out of this go ahead, but it truly is nothing more than that.

On second thought, nevermind.
  15. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 13:31
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Are you actually asking if being racist follows God's will?
    You do know during the slave time in the US they also did kidnap little white European kids. There were also black slave owners too. But I say without Jesus Christ everyone's a racist until they become born again.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree