1. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    22 Feb '11 05:25
    OK could you all slow down with the "creation" of new spirituality threads that talk about the same things? OK if you don't, no problem. but if you think you are expounding wisdom for the masses, on things that can't be told apart, we can't and won't keep up.
  2. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Feb '11 06:17
    Originally posted by JS357
    OK could you all slow down with the "creation" of new spirituality threads that talk about the same things? OK if you don't, no problem. but if you think you are expounding wisdom for the masses, on things that can't be told apart, we can't and won't keep up.
    I know exactly what you are saying, and it is an effort saying many things over and over...

I am still trying to have the discussions go in a forward direction, but I am stuck with many persons presenting error and they are not willing to give it up.

We all know that in a discussion about anything, that someone might say something incorrect, and if it is a healthy and truthful discussion, then the error is quickly resolved and the discussion continues forward.

I might say the Red Sox won 16 to 10....but that might be in error, and the other person will correct me and say it was 16-15....and I will accept that correction and the discussion moves forward.

But in this forum this does not happen, and many persons stand to fight in defence of their error.

Its puzzling...

And I cannot go forward with the discussion, and find myself posting many comments just in relation to that one single error that in reality should have been cleared up and done with in 2 minutes..
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    22 Feb '11 06:48
    Originally posted by Dasa
    But in this forum this does not happen, and many persons stand to fight in defence of their error.

Its puzzling...
    Yes it is puzzling. Why do you keep trying so hard to defend your errors?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Feb '11 06:49
    I know exactly what you are saying, and it is an effort saying many things over and over...

I am still trying to have the discussions go in a forward direction, but I am stuck with many persons presenting error and they are not willing to give it up.

We all know that in a discussion about anything, that someone might say something incorrect, and if it is ...[text shortened]... o that one single error that in reality should have been cleared up and done with in 2 minutes..
    In the context of open-minded and tolerant discussions about spiritual belief systems, you are misusing the words "error", "incorrect", and "healthy and truthful discussion", Dasa.
  5. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Feb '11 08:21
    Originally posted by FMF
    In the context of open-minded and tolerant discussions about spiritual belief systems, you are misusing the words "error", "incorrect", and "healthy and truthful discussion", Dasa.
    Of course I am.
  6. Lowlands paradise
    Moves
    22 Feb '11 09:15

We all know that in a discussion about anything, that someone might say something incorrect, and if it is ...[text shortened]... o that one single error that in reality should have been cleared up and done with in 2 minutes..
    Eveyone will understand when you give up casting your pearls before the swines.
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Feb '11 03:22
    Originally posted by JS357
    I'm slowing down as fast as I can. 😉
  8. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Feb '11 04:10
    Originally posted by souverein
    Eveyone will understand when you give up casting your pearls before the swines.
    Thats my foolish compassion....
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Feb '11 04:22
    Thats my foolish compassion....
    Thats altruism, my friend, and a lot of chess players just dont go for that crap.
    (ha....ha..? ) 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree