1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Feb '14 04:001 edit
    Originally posted by JS357
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2014/02/16/snake-salvation-pastor-dead/5532531/

"...Coots and the show's co-star, Rev. Andrew Hamblin, believe in a passage from the Gospel of Mark that suggests a poisonous snakebite won't harm them if they are anointed by God's power:

"And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out d ...[text shortened]... eved that, if they did not practice the snake-handling ritual, they would be condemned to hell."
    We all fall short, but this kind of behaviour on a reality TV show pretending to be anointed is just stupid.

"And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles' hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money"
    Acts 8:18

"Do not put The Lord your God to the test"
    Duet 6:16
    Luke 4:12

Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatever a man sows, that shall he also reap"
    Gal 6:7
  2. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    17 Feb '14 04:221 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    You catch on quick sometimes.
    Maybe we should start a Grampy Bobby-like thread called "Why Do Theists Get So Defensive?"

Believe it or not, some of us can tell you apart from these people.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Feb '14 04:431 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    This is just another doctrine of demons.
    I don't think I can believe you unless you post a YouTube clip claimimg that.
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    17 Feb '14 04:482 edits
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Maybe we should start a Grampy Bobby-like thread called "Why Do Theists Get So Defensive?"

Au contraire, SG. Hard questions sans trap door exists and straight answers have never been popular. Reconciled to God, there's nothing man, groups of militants or disaster can do to inflict insult or lessen tranquility and spiritual self esteem.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Feb '14 06:57
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Au contraire, SG. Hard questions sans trap door exists and straight answers have never been popular. Reconciled to God, there's nothing man, groups of militants or disaster can do to inflict insult or lessen tranquility and spiritual self esteem.
    "The man who kneels before God can stand before any man."

Or the older folks once said "The only way to get the fear of man out of you is to get the fear of God in you."

On being defensive. I plead a little guilty. I look for opportunities to give a reason for the hope that is within me. Let him call me defensive. And I'll even admit to sometimes being too defensive.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Feb '14 07:02
    Originally posted by SwissGambit

SwissGambit, if by "these people" you mean my dear brothers and sisters in Christ, yes, differences can be noticed.

But probably we all can remember what it was like to not know the Lord Jesus. Some of us can remember how we then thought.

I am not angry at all at you readers. It requires God to grant a seeing in the heart, deep in the innermost being. It is really something of His mercy.

I admit to being probably too defensive sometimes.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Feb '14 19:443 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I don't think I can believe you unless you post a YouTube clip claimimg that.
    Snake Handling: A Trick of Satan

YouTube

Snake handling Christians obey the bible

YouTube

In Jesus' Name: Taking Up Serpents

YouTube

You better be sure you believe.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 Feb '14 04:05
    Snake Handling: A Trick of Satan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8xV5dRHtcM

Snake handling Christians obey the bible

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5O1RVWB8MQ

In Jesus' Name: Taking Up Serpents

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J79ThhMuxWg

You better be sure you believe.
    Belief has nothing to do with it. Why do those folk think a snake can be controlled? They are idiots in a fringe cult. Just like the rest of Christianity and all the rest of the so-called religions on the planet. ALL duped. Like you.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Feb '14 04:16
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Belief has nothing to do with it. Why do those folk think a snake can be controlled? They are idiots in a fringe cult. Just like the rest of Christianity and all the rest of the so-called religions on the planet. ALL duped. Like you.
    God has given man dominion.

Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. Then God blessed them, and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”

(Genesis 1:26-28 NKJV)
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 Feb '14 11:34
    God has given man dominion.

[b]Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male ...[text shortened]... of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”

(Genesis 1:26-28 NKJV)[/b]
    And man is losing it as we speak. All on his own, as it was in the beginning when there was no god and as it is now also with no god.

We are making our own hell, no god or devil needed for that.

Or we will make our own paradise, could go either way, but either way it will be mankind doing it not some asinine man made god with ridiculous man like attributes, like Jealousy. Not very creative of the original writers to make up a god with human jealousy. Surely they could have done better than to make up a god with human attributes?
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Feb '14 21:13
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    And man is losing it as we speak. All on his own, as it was in the beginning when there was no god and as it is now also with no god.

We are making our own hell, no god or devil needed for that.

Or we will make our own paradise, could go either way, but either way it will be mankind doing it not some asinine man made god with ridiculous man like attr ...[text shortened]... human jealousy. Surely they could have done better than to make up a god with human attributes?
    They are God attributes, not just human attributes. Don't forget that we humans were made by God.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree