1. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    03 Jul '08 18:40
    who created god...?

really, a serious question, does any text in the ot or nt explain this..?
  2. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    03 Jul '08 19:46
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    who created god...?

what we know about GOD is that he is not created. Or that is what he told us about himself. And we have way to know about him except what he told us about himself.

I'm not going to text the OT or NT , because I don't belive in them.
  3. SEMO
    Moves
    03 Jul '08 20:03
    who created god...?

Rev 22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

He was always. No one nor nothing made him. This is something that we are not able to fully understand because we are a creation and are in a creation.
  4. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    03 Jul '08 20:09
    who created god...?

........and if there was an explanation then wouldn't the explanation require a further explanation? (ad infinitum)
  5. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    03 Jul '08 20:09
    who created god...?

The concept of "creating" itself has its source in God.

To create at all is because of God.
  6. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    03 Jul '08 20:31
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    ........and if there was an explanation then wouldn't the explanation require a further explanation? (ad infinitum)
    Yes.
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    03 Jul '08 20:46
    who created god...?

Are you looking for an answer you can believe?
  8. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    03 Jul '08 21:58
    Originally posted by josephw
    Are you looking for an answer you can believe?
    not sure, depends how good the answer is... i would like to be given an answer i like...

i do kinda like the whole idea that god is forever and there has never been a time when there has not been god, i like this idea because the physical mind cannot accept it and must be given another answer.... whereas the spiritual mind understands it completely
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    03 Jul '08 22:23
    not sure, depends how good the answer is... i would like to be given an answer i like...

i do kinda like the whole idea that god is forever and there has never been a time when there has not been god, i like this idea because the physical mind cannot accept it and must be given another answer.... whereas the spiritual mind understands it completely
    Then you have your answer.
  10. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    04 Jul '08 00:391 edit

Go out under the night sky tonight. Stretch your arms out in praise and stretch your loving heart wide open to God. Feel the comfortable warmth of infinity around you. And be thankful that you do not have the terrible burden of understanding everything in the universe.

You're free. You don't have to bear the weight of understanding everything in eternity. That's the business of our heavenly Father.
  11. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    04 Jul '08 09:14
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Go out under the night sky tonight. Stretch your arms out in praise and stretch your loving heart wide open to God. Feel the comfortable warmth of infinity around you. And be thankful that you do not have the terrible burden of understanding everything in the universe.

You're free. You don't have to bear the weight of understanding everything in eternity. That's the business of our heavenly Father.
    there's an answer i like
  12. England
    Moves
    04 Jul '08 10:40
    there's an answer i like
    me too
  13. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '08 10:45
    Originally posted by jaywill

yeah that is nice. some humans would find it hard to cope with a life in heaven. an eternity of happiness no struggle would be incredibly boring. now imagine how boring it was for god before he created us morons. i wonder if he finds us satisfactory entertaining.
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    04 Jul '08 13:02
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    yeah that is nice. some humans would find it hard to cope with a life in heaven. an eternity of happiness no struggle would be incredibly boring. now imagine how boring it was for god before he created us morons. i wonder if he finds us satisfactory entertaining.
    A bit of a contradiction that. How can being happy be boring? If you are bored, then you aren't happy. If struggle is necessary to relieve boredom and thus induce happiness then there must be struggle in heaven - or people aren't happy there.

However, I don't buy the argument that life on earth is the best possible.
  15. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '08 13:13
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    A bit of a contradiction that. How can being happy be boring? If you are bored, then you aren't happy. If struggle is necessary to relieve boredom and thus induce happiness then there must be struggle in heaven - or people aren't happy there.

However, I don't buy the argument that life on earth is the best possible.
    as always you find that arguing just one part of the issue is the right thing to do.

happiness is subjective to the individual. and while some find happiness equivalent to the absence of unhappiness, i find it much more complicated. if nothing bad happens to you you might consider yourself happy. but what if nothing at all happens to you. if you like apple pie and all you get to eat is apple pie, how soon before you become bored with it.

for some happiness is discovery, taking risks and succeeding, progress. a happy life does not consist of amusement, it requires exertion. (more or less plato's words).

in heaven you are supposed to be happy. is this happy equivalent with getting whatever makes you happy? because either you get without effort and then you will be bored quickly or you must make an effort but since you have an eternity to get it, you will just delay the moment where you will again be bored.

or is heaven happy equivalent to the absence of need. if you don't need anything and are constantly happy and content with your current situation (as if high on ecstasy) what would be your reason for spending eternity?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree