1. Joined
    06 Jun '08
    Moves
    04 Jul '08 14:18
    God can not create himself - what would be the point in creating what is already created?

There is no such thing as an effect without a cause ergo if god exists he/she/it was created by someone else or something else.

Of course the very notion of a creator god is nonsense - one only has to read the bible to know we created god in our image and that is why he is such a bastard.
  2. Southern California
    Moves
    04 Jul '08 21:01
    The whole point is to have faith in your religion that he exists. He says that we shouldn't need proof because we should have faith in him that he is really there.
  3. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    05 Jul '08 12:011 edit
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    yeah that is nice. some humans would find it hard to cope with a life in heaven. an eternity of happiness no struggle would be incredibly boring. now imagine how boring it was for god before he created us morons. i wonder if he finds us satisfactory entertaining.
    You're very predictable.

That you can quickly jump to the other EXTREME is not clever, is not insightful. It is quite predictable and yes, boring too.

When A Chrstian states something always push it to the limits of absudity. That way you can appear to have a rational reason for not loving the heavenly Father.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Jul '08 21:43
    Originally posted by Yassy94
    The whole point is to have faith in your religion that he exists. He says that we shouldn't need proof because we should have faith in him that he is really there.
    God never said we didn't need evidence, but that it is there to the
    point that no one will have an excuse that He is real.
    Kelly
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    06 Jul '08 07:19
    Originally posted by clearlight
    God can not create himself - what would be the point in creating what is already created?
    I hear all the time "God Almighty", but now we seem to agree that he is not almighty att all. He cannot do or create anything, he has his limitations. If he wanted evil out of the world, he can do this with a snap of his finger, but he doesn't. He can destroy satan with a snap of his finger, but he doesn't. He can make this earth into a paradice with a snap of his finger, but he doesn't.

Can he not, or want he not?

Perhaps his god in turn forbid him to do it...
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Jul '08 23:341 edit
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    yeah that is nice. some humans would find it hard to cope with a life in heaven. an eternity of happiness no struggle would be incredibly boring. now imagine how boring it was for god before he created us morons. i wonder if he finds us satisfactory entertaining.
    I wonder, if 'god' existed for all time, we in our universe have existed for only 14 odd billion years or so. To such a 'god' 14 billion years may be just a second hand tick on a cosmic clock. So this 'god' would have had eternity of time with nobody else but it. That seems to me would have driven it insane with the sameness of eternity which could mean it was an insane 'god' creating us and our universe. I feel EVER SO much better now.
  7. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    11 Jul '08 05:46
    God. What an invention;
  8. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    11 Jul '08 22:34
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I wonder, if 'god' existed for all time, we in our universe have existed for only 14 odd billion years or so. To such a 'god' 14 billion years may be just a second hand tick on a cosmic clock. So this 'god' would have had eternity of time with nobody else but it. That seems to me would have driven it insane with the sameness of eternity which could mean it was an insane 'god' creating us and our universe. I feel EVER SO much better now.
    but we dont know what happened before the 14billion years
  9. weedhopper
    Moves
    11 Jul '08 23:03
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    but we dont know what happened before the 14billion years
    Excellent point, sir. Time existed before the big bang--we puny humans just don't know what was going on then. Heck, we can't even trace all the way back TO the big bang itself. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree