1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 Mar '12 09:561 edit
    It portrays Judas as having been ASSIGNED by Jesus to betray him, Jesus knowing what was to happen. It seems Judas should not have been the hated figure he became but a hero following Jesus' command:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel_of_Judas
  2. England
    Moves
    17 Mar '12 11:01
    well ive read it.. tho i do not know what you mean by recently.. as he puts it in the book, jesus told judas by him he would be raised up. but it does not give who wrote it.. or if judas did die
  3. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    17 Mar '12 20:401 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    It portrays Judas as having been ASSIGNED by Jesus to betray him, Jesus knowing what was to happen. It seems Judas should not have been the hated figure he became but a hero following Jesus' command:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel_of_Judas
    Guess where this story is from:

quote:

The apostle Judas Iscariot expresses his concern over Jesus' rising popularity as a "king" and the negative repercussions that will have. He strongly criticizes Jesus for accepting his followers' unrealistic views and for not heeding his concerns. While Judas still loves Jesus, he believes that Jesus is just a man, not God, and worries that Jesus' following will be seen as a threat to the Roman Empire which would then punish both Jesus and his associates. Judas' warning falls on deaf ears, as Jesus' followers have their minds set on going to Jerusalem with Jesus. As they ask Jesus when they will be going to Jerusalem, Jesus tells them to stop worrying about the future, since whatever will happen is determined by God.

Recognizing that Jesus is irritated by the badgering and lack of understanding from his followers, Mary Magdalene tries to help Jesus relax. Judas is concerned that Jesus is associating with Mary, a prostitute. It seems to Judas that Jesus is contradicting his own teaching, and he worries that this apparent lack of judgment will be used against Jesus and his followers. Jesus tells Judas that Mary is with him (Jesus) now, and unless Judas is without sin he should not judge the character of others. Jesus then reproaches his apostles and somewhat bitterly answers that not a single one of them cares about him. Mary Magdalene tries to assure Jesus, anointing him with oil. Judas angrily insists that the money used to obtain the oil should have been used to help the poor instead. Jesus sadly explains that he and his followers do not have the resources to alleviate poverty and that once his followers no longer have him, they will lose their path.

unquote.

I have deleted some clues. It goes on from there.
  4. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    17 Mar '12 21:13
    Originally posted by JS357
    Guess where this story is from:

quote:

The apostle Judas Iscariot expresses his concern over Jesus' rising popularity as a "king" and the negative repercussions that will have. He strongly criticizes Jesus for accepting his followers' unrealistic views and for not heeding his concerns. While Judas still loves Jesus, he believes that Jesus is just a man, ...[text shortened]... ey will lose their path.

unquote.

I have deleted some clues. It goes on from there.
    Jesus Christ Superstar?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree