Sober or Drunk

Sober or Drunk

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maryland

Moves
04 Jul 10

The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one.........George Bernard Shaw

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
04 Jul 10

Originally posted by 667joe
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one.........George Bernard Shaw
Your point being?

Maryland

Moves
04 Jul 10

Theists are addicted to religion the way alcoholics are addicted to alcohol.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
04 Jul 10

like an "opium for the masses" kinda thing?

Maryland

Moves
04 Jul 10

Wasn't that Karl Marx?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
04 Jul 10

Wasn't that Karl Marx?
Yeah, but others have echoed it. I thought you were making analogies between relogion and alcoholics, so I thought "opium".
You heard of the "Opium Wars"?

Maryland

Moves
04 Jul 10

Of course, but it's off topic.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
05 Jul 10

Of course, but it's off topic.
I beg to differ, anyway,I'll stay out of this until someone else posts something.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
05 Jul 10

to 667joe

Howdy, if your talking about religion, then your point is taken and i have no conflict, but if your refering to spirituality, then you are incorrect in every way.

And the spiritual nature of every living thing is irrefutable.

vishva

Maryland

Moves
05 Jul 10

I am referring to religion.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
05 Jul 10

Originally posted by vishvahetu
to 667joe

Howdy, if your talking about religion, then your point is taken and i have no conflict, but if your refering to spirituality, then you are incorrect in every way.

vishva
dude, you are starting to sound a bit fundamenatlist,"you are incorrect in every way".you know these sharks are going to be all over you, or worse start ignoring you, I, however will not.
you have beared your soul and that takes courage.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
05 Jul 10

Originally posted by vishvahetu
to 667joe

vishva
Could you describe the "spiritual nature" of a bacterium, say, like Mycobacterium tuberculosis?

w

Moves
05 Jul 10

James 2:4 "Anyone who says he is a Christian but does not control his sharp tongue is just fooling himself, and his religion is not worth much. The Christian who is pure and without fault, from God the Father's point of view, is the one who takes care of orphans and widows, and who remains true to the Lord."

Cape Town

Moves
05 Jul 10

Quite true.
The question then is: is there an argument against getting drunk?

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
05 Jul 10

Originally posted by rwingett
Could you describe the "spiritual nature" of a bacterium, say, like Mycobacterium tuberculosis?
to rwinggett

I would have to give you an analogy, to descibe it!

The electricity that you put into a heater, is the same electricity that you put into a refrigerator,....but the heater heats, and the refrigerator cools, so likewise when the living force is placed into a human, we act and function as humans, and when the living force is placed into a bacterium, it must function as a bacterium.

But remember, that to us the "observer" of the bacterium, it is a bacterium, but to the bacterium it is a whole unique universe of existance on the nano level, that we could not comprehend.

vishva