1. Maryland
    Moves
    04 Jul '10 22:02
    The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one.........George Bernard Shaw
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Jul '10 22:10
    Originally posted by 667joe
    The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one.........George Bernard Shaw
    Your point being?
  3. Maryland
    Moves
    04 Jul '10 22:12
    Theists are addicted to religion the way alcoholics are addicted to alcohol.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Jul '10 22:20
    like an "opium for the masses" kinda thing?
  5. Maryland
    Moves
    04 Jul '10 22:34
    Wasn't that Karl Marx?
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Jul '10 22:43
    Wasn't that Karl Marx?
    Yeah, but others have echoed it. I thought you were making analogies between relogion and alcoholics, so I thought "opium".
    You heard of the "Opium Wars"?
  7. Maryland
    Moves
    04 Jul '10 22:52
    Of course, but it's off topic.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Jul '10 00:44
    Of course, but it's off topic.
    I beg to differ, anyway,I'll stay out of this until someone else posts something.
  9. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jul '10 00:50
    to 667joe

Howdy, if your talking about religion, then your point is taken and i have no conflict, but if your refering to spirituality, then you are incorrect in every way.

And the spiritual nature of every living thing is irrefutable.

vishva
  10. Maryland
    Moves
    05 Jul '10 00:57
    I am referring to religion.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Jul '10 00:59
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    to 667joe

Howdy, if your talking about religion, then your point is taken and i have no conflict, but if your refering to spirituality, then you are incorrect in every way.

vishva
    dude, you are starting to sound a bit fundamenatlist,"you are incorrect in every way".you know these sharks are going to be all over you, or worse start ignoring you, I, however will not.
    you have beared your soul and that takes courage.
  12. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    05 Jul '10 03:00
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    to 667joe

vishva
    Could you describe the "spiritual nature" of a bacterium, say, like Mycobacterium tuberculosis?
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    05 Jul '10 03:35
    James 2:4 "Anyone who says he is a Christian but does not control his sharp tongue is just fooling himself, and his religion is not worth much. The Christian who is pure and without fault, from God the Father's point of view, is the one who takes care of orphans and widows, and who remains true to the Lord."
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    05 Jul '10 06:01
    Quite true.
    The question then is: is there an argument against getting drunk?
  15. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jul '10 07:10
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Could you describe the "spiritual nature" of a bacterium, say, like Mycobacterium tuberculosis?
    to rwinggett

I would have to give you an analogy, to descibe it!

The electricity that you put into a heater, is the same electricity that you put into a refrigerator,....but the heater heats, and the refrigerator cools, so likewise when the living force is placed into a human, we act and function as humans, and when the living force is placed into a bacterium, it must function as a bacterium.

But remember, that to us the "observer" of the bacterium, it is a bacterium, but to the bacterium it is a whole unique universe of existance on the nano level, that we could not comprehend.

vishva