1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Mar '11 16:53
    Ok.....sit straight and pay attention.

The following is the beginning of spiritual understanding, and all you need to comprehend is a truthful heart.

1. this body is material, matter, chemical, cells, blood, bone, muscle, mucus, stool, urine, pus.

2. the soul is spiritual......cat, cit, and ananda. (the true self)

3. the body is dead, but because of the presences of the soul it exhibits life, it is born, it dwindles, it reproduces and it becomes old and it gets diseased and it finally dies.

4. the soul is eternal and it has no beginning or end and it is the living principle.

5. the soul by its very nature has awareness, knowledge, intelligence and exhibits consciousness, just like the sun exhibits heat and light.

6. the body is full of ignorance, and without the presence of the soul it will rot and decay till it finally turns to dust and is blown away by the wind, to finally become one with the earth from which it came.

7. the soul takes birth because of material desire.

8. the person who has no material desire and desires only God, does not take birth.

9. true religion roots out all material desire to finally liberate the soul from material bondage.

10. mundane religion and material education serves to keep the soul bound to this material world by increasing material desire.

11. the test of true religion is that, it severs material desire and develops transcendent knowledge within the heart of the student.

12. transcendental knowledge is purifying and burns up the sinful reaction from the past, and keeps the student fixed to the path of liberation in devotional life.

13. mundane knowledge keeps the people fixed in ignorance and bound to conditional life in this world of suffering.

14. God consciousness is our natural consciousness, our healthy consciousness and our normal consciousness.

14. material consciousness is false consciousness and this false consciousness tells us that the temporary material body is the self.

15. this world is a place of suffering, and persons who constantly attempt to make this world perfect with material endeavours are wasting their valuable time. where ones time should be directed to spiritual development.

16. there is one God, one religion, one process for understanding spirituality, and all others are but fabrications.

17. Vedanta is the only place to find transcendental spiritual knowledge of God and ourselves........there is no where else to go.

18. the only bonafide translations for understanding spirituality, are from ....." His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada"

19. The best place to start your spiritual life is with the following literature.....

20. " Srimad Bhagavatam" (18 vol) "Bhagavad Gita As It Is" (1 vol) ......and there are hundreds more books by Srila Prabhupada, that can be accessed from the Bhaktivedanta Book Trust, found in most capital cities.

Begin your spiritual life today...........no time to waste.
  2. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    25 Mar '11 17:013 edits
    Originally posted by Dasa

The following is the beginning of spiritual understanding, and all you need to comprehend is a truthful heart.

1. this body is material, matter, chemical, cells, blood, bone, muscle, mucus, stool, urine, pus.

3. the body is dead, but because o und in most capital cities.

I'm curious as to how many occurences there are of the letters 'e', 't' and 'k' there are in this post of yours, and their ratios...might write a little c++ program and check later.

Erm...ahem...yes, you were saying something about basics....very erm...yeah, very interesting! real riveting read! :]
  3. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    25 Mar '11 19:44

3. the body is dead, but because o ...[text shortened]... und in most capital cities.

There is just enough time to waste.
  4. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    25 Mar '11 20:381 edit

3. the body is dead, but because o und in most capital cities.

“...The following is the beginning of …..”

….....the same old Dasa kind of talk i.e. with many religious/absurd/unconvincing assertions and not a single argument or premise.
  5. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    25 Mar '11 21:08

3. the body is dead, but because o ...[text shortened]... und in most capital cities.

You are teaching ascetacism. Acsceticism to the Christian like myself is useless. In fact it can be demonic.

The physical body should not be dispised. The problems of lust and indulgence which it has are problems. But they do not make the human body so bad that we despise it as some source of all evil.

Your reincarnation is a teaching of a kind of hatred for the body. But my body is for the Lord God.
  6. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Mar '11 08:141 edit
    Originally posted by jaywill
    You are teaching ascetacism. Acsceticism to the Christian like myself is useless. In fact it can be demonic.

The physical body should not be dispised. The problems of lust and indulgence which it has are problems. But they do not make the human body so bad that we despise it as some source of all evil.

Your reincarnation is a teaching of a kind of hatred for the body. But my body is for the Lord God.
    Where have I said that the body should be despised.....why do you manipulate my words.

I have simply stated what the body is.....and its not difficult to see that, so do not twist my words to mean something that I do ntr subscribe to.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Mar '11 08:21
    Don't feed the troll.
  8. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    26 Mar '11 08:27
    Where have I said that the body should be despised.....why do you manipulate my words.

I have simply stated what the body is.....and its not difficult to see that, so do not twist my words to mean something that I do ntr subscribe to.
    You better leave when you said you would or it will be another example of your deceit.

You should write a book; i have an apt title for you.

"VishiDasa, litany of a fraud"
  9. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Moves
    26 Mar '11 08:561 edit
    Well you said this: ...this body is material, matter, chemical, cells, blood, bone, muscle, mucus, stool, urine, pus. [...] the body is dead, but because of the presences of the soul it exhibits life, it is born, it dwindles, it reproduces and it becomes old and it gets diseased and it finally dies. [...] the body is full of ignorance, and without the presence of the soul it will rot and decay till it finally turns to dust and is blown away by the wind, to finally become one with the earth from which it came.

And you have also described your distaste for sex. And how you would not be upset in the slightest if your children die tomorrow. etc.

I might not have chosen the word "despised", as jaywill did, but he raises a valid point about the extreme negativity of your creed. If you believe that God created everything, why don't you believe that our bodies are wonderful things - their capabilities, the physicality, the sensations, the wonderful spiritual nature of sexual relations with our partners? Instead, as with your views on others' spirituality and the entire human condition and spirit, you present a suffocatingly pessimistic, negative, sneering attitude. Maybe jaywill was right to use the word "despised". How can your religionist dogma have resulted in you being so shrivelled and bitter about something as wonderful as life?
  10. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    26 Mar '11 19:43

And so, opportunities to seek understanding are taken as opportunities to attack.
  11. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Mar '11 19:441 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well you said this: [b]...this body is material, matter, chemical, cells, blood, bone, muscle, mucus, stool, urine, pus. [...] the body is dead, but because of the presences of the soul it exhibits life, it is born, it dwindles, it reproduces and it becomes old and it gets diseased and it finally dies. [...] the body is full of ignorance, and without the prese have resulted in you being so shrivelled and bitter about something as wonderful as life?
    You are being dishonest when you manipulate my comments and post them up to make them seem entirely different than what I have intended them to be.

Your dishonesty knows no bounds.

You do it because you have been exposed as a fraud, and now that you are upset, you can only twist my words at every chance you find.

Your speciality is taking my comments out of context, and then creating straw-man arguments.

Your new name from now on will be........Mr Straw-man.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Mar '11 19:45
    😵
  13. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    26 Mar '11 22:50
    You are being dishonest when you manipulate my comments and post them up to make them seem entirely different than what I have intended them to be.

Your dishonesty knows no bounds.

You do it because you have been exposed as a fraud, and now that you are upset, you can only twist my words at every chance you find.

Your speciality is taking my comments o ...[text shortened]... and then creating straw-man arguments.

Your new name from now on will be........Mr Straw-man.
    There is no bigger fraud than you.

Stop the falsity.
  14. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Moves
    27 Mar '11 02:23
    Oh? But my post is a verbatim quote of your previous post. And you have described sex as "distasteful and unnecessary", have you not? And you said "And if [my children] died tomorrow, it wouldn't upset me the slightest, because for the soul (the real person) there is no death." on Thread 136237 (on page), did you not? I haven't "manipulated" anything. Why are you calling me "dishonest"?
  15. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Mar '11 04:43
    Originally posted by FMF
    Oh? But my post is a verbatim quote of your previous post. And you have described sex as "distasteful and unnecessary", have you not? And you said "And if [my children] died tomorrow, it wouldn't upset me the slightest, because for the soul (the real person) there is no death." on Thread 136237 (on page), did you not? I haven't "manipulated" anything. Why are you calling me "dishonest"?
    Yes I have........ and you have taken my words all out of context, to make my simple clear statements come across as negative......which they are not.

As I said before......you do this because you are bitter for being exposed as a fraud.....and now you are creating agitation to amuse yourself....what sought of self created theism is this.

This is not theism.