1. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    28 Apr '06 18:49
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Go read 1 John 1:9
    1John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. (KJV)

Would you say this gives folk who claim to be saved a free license to do what they like, so long as they confess is later?
  2. The sky
    Moves
    28 Apr '06 18:501 edit
    Well if that guy is saved he has nothing to be worry about.
    I won't go into that whole discussion again, it's hopeless anyway. But even if you had nothing to worry about, I would expect that someone who claims to follow Christ and who claims to have been saved by him would at least try not to do things Jesus has clearly stated you shouldn't do. The fact that you won't be punished for something doesn't mean it's okay to do it. You don't show much gratitude to Jesus if you don't care at all whether you do something he dislikes.
  3. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    28 Apr '06 18:51
    Originally posted by Churlant
    Love is an emotion based on biochemical process. Jesus is not a currently living individual. Therefore Jesus cannot "love" you, me, or anyone else within this context.

Easy enough.

-JC
    Purely a biochemical process? Has science succeeded in a complete reduction of the emotion we call love?
  4. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    28 Apr '06 19:034 edits
    Go read 1 John 1:9
    1 John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

Your own verse contradicts your sentiments. Did you not notice the phrase 'cleanse us from all unrighteousness'? Clearly, if someone is not cleansed from all unrighteousness (and demonstrates this by, say, raping and killing in accordance with Halitose's example), then he has never properly pented and repented. How, then, can he be 'saved'?

Let be more clear:

1. Your own verse states that upon properly confessing one's sins, God (being infinitely faithful and just) will causally influence the person's moral fiber, freeing one from all unrighteousness.
    2. X demonstrates at least some measure of unrighteousness.
    3. It follows from 1 and 2 that X has not properly confessed his sins in accordance with scriptural requirement.
    4. Properly confessing one's sins is a necessary condition for one's being saved.
    5. From 3 and 4, it follows that X is not saved.

So your own verse seems to suggest than anyone demonstrating unrighteousness is not saved.
  5. Standard memberChurlant
    Ego-Trip in Progress
    Phoenix, AZ
    Moves
    28 Apr '06 19:49
    Originally posted by Halitose
    Purely a biochemical process? Has science succeeded in a complete reduction of the emotion we call love?
    Yes.

-JC
  6. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    28 Apr '06 21:47
    Originally posted by Churlant
    Yes.

-JC
    Could you direct me to the peer-reviewed scientific journal that lists the biochemical compounds with their targeted brain regions that induce the emotion of love?

Thanks in advance.
  7. Standard memberChurlant
    Ego-Trip in Progress
    Phoenix, AZ
    Moves
    28 Apr '06 22:11
    Originally posted by Halitose
    Could you direct me to the peer-reviewed scientific journal that lists the biochemical compounds with their targeted brain regions that induce the emotion of love?

Thanks in advance.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/hottopics/love/

Anything else you need can be found easily enough with a little searching on your part. The above link took me three seconds to find with a Google search of '"biochemical" love'. Obviously the biological reactions described have been reduced for mass consumption (ie dumbed down), but I have faith in your ability to find more in-depth analysis on your own.

-JC
  8. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    28 Apr '06 22:27
    Well if that guy is saved he has nothing to be worry about.
    Except for being unemployed his whole life because he can't spell.
  9. The sky
    Moves
    28 Apr '06 22:34
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Except for being unemployed his whole life because he can't spell.
    Well, if life on earth becomes too unpleasant, he can always end it and get to heaven a bit faster. It's a sin, but who cares?
  10. Standard memberOmnislash
    Digital Blasphemy
    Omnipresent
    Moves
    29 Apr '06 07:28
    Originally posted by childoflove
    yes i do. thank you for asking. and what might your name be? My name is michel . is it fair to answer with a qeustion? is it not treu that only light can vind room in the heart of a fool if he finds the treu answer to my q?????????????
    On my mystical journey through the internet these past months I picked up a new language. Net-speak. I will attempt to communicate with our friend here, using my new found linguistic skills.

Dear childoflove,

Learn2spellcheck. ZOMGWTFBBQPWND!!!onethousandeleven.

kkthxbai

But to answer your question,

No one can "prove" otherwise.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree