Sonships Bible - The Recovery Version

Sonships Bible - The Recovery Version

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
20 Apr 18

Originally posted by @fmf
Followers of Jesus are a diverse lot.
Christians believe in the deity of Jesus Christ, His sacrificial death and Resurrection and that faith in Him is necessary for eternal life.

As far as I know, rajk believes in none of that. He may try to follow most of Christ’s commandments, but it’s much more important, now and for eternity, to have a relationship with Him.

F

Moves
20 Apr 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
Christians believe in the deity of Jesus Christ, His sacrificial death and Resurrection and that faith in Him is necessary for eternal life.
Christians come in 40,000 denominations. And - as I said - followers of Jesus are a diverse lot with diverse theological beliefs. I am not sure it matters much to other followers whether they get your approval for how they label themselves.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
20 Apr 18

As far as I know, rajk believes in none of that. He may try to follow most of Christ’s commandments, but it’s much more important, now and for eternity, to have a relationship with Him.
The word 'relationship' is not in the Bible.
There is no mention of a relationship with Jesus Christ either
But I understand .. your pastor said so.

The only relationship you have is with your pastor 😀

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
20 Apr 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
The word 'relationship' is not in the Bible.
There is no mention of a relationship with Jesus Christ either
But I understand .. your pastor said so.

The only relationship you have is with your pastor 😀
The word “Trinity” isn’t in the Bible either, but the concept and reality of the Trinity is. Not everything can be spoon fed to you like you’re incapable of thinking on your own.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
20 Apr 18

Christians come in 40,000 denominations. And - as I said - followers of Jesus are a diverse lot with diverse theological beliefs. I am not sure it matters much to other followers whether they get your approval for how they label themselves.
I was defining “Christian.” People can obviously follow *some of* Jesus’ teachings without believing in His deity, sacrificial death and Resurrection.

F

Moves
20 Apr 18

I was defining “Christian.” People can obviously follow *some of* Jesus’ teachings without believing in His deity, sacrificial death and Resurrection.
Different people define "Christian" in different ways.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
20 Apr 18
1 edit

The word “Trinity” isn’t in the Bible either, but the concept and reality of the Trinity is. Not everything can be spoon fed to you like you’re incapable of thinking on your own.
I dont use the word trinity in my discussion.
The concept is wrong
Jesus is not equal to God
Jesus said that God is greater and I believe that

Relationship with God or Chrsit is not in the bible
Your church speak is nonsense.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
20 Apr 18

The concept is wrong

You totally miss the message of the Holy Bible.

But that’s hardly a surprise since you said the Bible is “just paper.”

You don’t worship God. You worship yourself. That’s why you’re always puffing out your chest and strutting around the forum condemning people to hell.

Sick!

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
20 Apr 18

The concept is wrong

Have you read any of the Psalms? You don’t recall Jesus saying God is a God of the living and not the dead? You don’t think God has a relationship with any human beings in the Bible?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
20 Apr 18

Have you read any of the Psalms? You don’t recall Jesus saying God is a God of the living and not the dead? You don’t think God has a relationship with any human beings in the Bible?
You made a statement.
If you have no references to support it then kindly say so.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
20 Apr 18

I certainly disagree with him over his use of the word "disingenuous" but I don't think that makes him "unprincipled", no. People being "unprincipled" and people disagreeing with me are two completely separate things. Your question is so laden with stuff of your own invention, it comes across as clumsy and off-target.
Oh, the unmitigated irony.

F

Moves
20 Apr 18

Originally posted by @suzianne
Oh, the unmitigated irony.
Better to save that retort for when it fits.

Both of us know full well that people being "unprincipled" and people disagreeing with us are two completely separate things, even if they can overlap in certain situations. There is no irony in pointing it out.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
20 Apr 18

You made a statement.
If you have no references to support it then kindly say so.
Do you need a reference for the sun rising in the east? If you don’t think God had a relationship with human beings in the Bible, maybe you ought to log off those Christ-denying websites and actually read the Bible for yourself. Are you allowed to do that, or do you need to get someone’s permission at the JW?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
20 Apr 18

Do you need a reference for the sun rising in the east? If you don’t think God had a relationship with human beings in the Bible, maybe you ought to log off those Christ-denying websites and actually read the Bible for yourself. Are you allowed to do that, or do you need to get someone’s permission at the JW?
The doctrine of Jesus Christ spells out clearly what is required of His followers..
You have stated that a relationship with Christ is important.
It it is then Jesus must have said so.

I can state categorically that there is no mention of a relationship with Christ in the Bible.
Therefore this relationship with Christ doctrine is more church nonsense

However there may be other things that Jesus speaks of which can imply a relationship of some kind.
And this is what Im asking.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
20 Apr 18

The doctrine of Jesus Christ spells out clearly what is required of His followers..
You have stated that a relationship with Christ is important.
It it is then Jesus must have said so.

I can state categorically that there is no mention of a relationship with Christ in the Bible.
Therefore this relationship with Christ doctrine is more church nonsense ...[text shortened]... s that Jesus speaks of which can imply a relationship of some kind.
And this is what Im asking.
Did God have a relationship with human beings in the Bible?