1. Joined
    10 Aug '06
    Moves
    10 Aug '06 16:04
    This is a new group that just started. It doesnt start posting messages yet until after the weekend, but I know some of the members and its gonna be good. Just building membership right now. Join.

The Sparrow Center is a discussion of Catholic/Orthodox and Protestant differences (i.e: the primacy of Peter, the ever-virginity/Immaculately Conceived/ Assumption of Mary, the views of the Church Fathers on the Canon) as well as Christian/ secular issues (Is Luke a sound historian? Did Jesus say what Matthew credits him with saying? Who wrote the Gospel of John? Are the Gospel miracles able to be authenticated?), the theology and characters of the official Sainthood (their biographies, and teachings/writings, as well as a look at the relics, apparitions, incorruptibles, the Rosary and intercessory prayer) and finally the challenges facing the Church/churches (collegiality, ecumenism and interreligious dialogue, globalization, poverty, justice, bioethics, sexuality, the family, women and the laity).

This is by no means meant to be an exhaustive list of potential discussion but is rather just mean to indicate the type of Group this will be.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sparrowcenter/
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Aug '06 16:40
    Originally posted by LutherMaher
    The Sparrow Center is a discussion of Catholic/Orthodox and Protestant differences
    killing people you mean? it really puts a few words in a book into prospective when you see people being murdered over these "differences".
  3. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    10 Aug '06 20:41
    Originally posted by trevor33
    killing people you mean? it really puts a few words in a book into prospective when you see people being murdered over these "differences".
    It's all good, clean fun.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Aug '06 12:10
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    It's all good, clean fun.
    not were i live
  5. Joined
    10 Aug '06
    Moves
    11 Aug '06 19:00
    no no killing people here im afraid
    dialogue solves many problems that would otherwise turn violent
    all were about is dialogue
  6. Joined
    21 Jul '06
    Moves
    11 Aug '06 23:17
    What I don't get is, how can Catholics prey to Mary?
  7. Standard memberark13
    Enola Straight
    mouse mouse mouse
    Moves
    13 Aug '06 17:27
    God doesn't like a suckup.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Aug '06 18:51
    Originally posted by ark13
    God doesn't like a suckup.
    And you know that because.....?
  9. Standard memberark13
    Enola Straight
    mouse mouse mouse
    Moves
    13 Aug '06 19:02
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    And you know that because.....?
    No one likes a suckup. And I'm pretty sure, God, being the ulimate being, has enough self-esteem to not need us telling him he's great and devoting our lives to him.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree