1. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    18 Apr '07 22:21
    Can Jews go to heaven even if they reject Jesus as the Son of God?

Can black people go to heaven even if they reject Jesus as the Son of God?
  2. Joined
    18 Dec '06
    Moves
    18 Apr '07 22:25
    Can black jews go to heaven even if they reject Jesus as the Son of God?
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    18 Apr '07 22:46
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles

God is an equal opportunity savior. Nobody gets to heaven except through Jesus. But of course you know that.
  4. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    18 Apr '07 23:143 edits
    Originally posted by josephw
    God is an equal opportunity savior. Nobody gets to heaven except through Jesus. But of course you know that.
    Oh, so all Jews go to hell, unless they are the weird sort of Jew that believes Jesus is the Messiah?
  5. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    18 Apr '07 23:41

"But we have so much in common in wearing gold chains and having great big noses."

Eddie Murphy
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Apr '07 00:201 edit

Yes, unless of coarse they die on the Sabbath. After all, it would be a sin to open those pearly gates on the Sabbath.

Seriously though, to ask who gets in and who does not is pointless. After all, we are not the ones making such decisions. If we were the ones making such decisions our opinions might be worth something but we are not. Therefore, go to the source of who you think is making such decisions.

As for me, I believe Christ when he said that no man comes to the Father but by me. Now what of those who died before Christ came into the world and what of those who have never heard of Christ's name before they died and what of those who reject him as Messiah but seem to place their faith in God, only God knows such things. Christians know that some have been granted salvation via their faith in God even though they died long before Christ came to earth but what is not known are about other scenrios as I have mentioned. All I know is that ALL who are saved are saved via the sacrifice of Christ. God will work out the details.
  7. RDU NC
    Moves
    19 Apr '07 02:25

why should jews (or any other race) get special treatment?
  8. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    19 Apr '07 02:26
    Originally posted by Big Mac
    why should jews (or any other race) get special treatment?
    Because they are chosen.
  9. RDU NC
    Moves
    19 Apr '07 02:28
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Because they are chosen.
    based on?
  10. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    19 Apr '07 02:35
    based on?
    He tells them to inherit the land. God tells them that they are a favored nation. He tells them to kill people. That's a pretty wide swath of choseness.
  11. RDU NC
    Moves
    19 Apr '07 02:50
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    He tells them to inherit the land. God tells them that they are a favored nation. He tells them to kill people. That's a pretty wide swath of choseness.
    what does that have to do with going to heaven.

doesn't even the ot distinguish between the chosen of god and jews.
    adam wasn't a jew. abel wasn't a jew. seth wasn't a jew. abraham wasn't a jew. then we've got his offspring. was isaac a jew? not mentioned. was jacob a jew? god did change his name to israel, and he did have at least twelve sons, 11 of whom had tribes named after them. but, if his "blessings" on his sons were moved by god, then only judah could been said to have been blessed by god.
    then we go a while and come to the devided kingdom. 10 to 2. israel to judah. israel is wiped out lead away and dispersed. they NEVER appear on the seen again. not once. we are left with only the tribes of judah and benjamin. nobody really like benjamin, though. let's not forget what they did during time of the judges. sick.
    so then they are taken into captivity and return some 70 years later. they rebuild the city and the temple and...
    -dramatic pause-
    jesus vs. the pharisees.
    the ot doesn't seem to set aside all the jews, but only certain ones through out the history.

so again, why should any race be given special priviledges concerning going to heaven?
  12. Standard memberRuppster1
    Saved by grace.
    State of Denial.
    Moves
    19 Apr '07 03:14
    what does that have to do with going to heaven.

doesn't even the ot distinguish between the chosen of god and jews.
    adam wasn't a jew. abel wasn't a jew. seth wasn't a jew. abraham wasn't a jew. then we've got his offspring. was isaac a jew? not mentioned. was jacob a jew? god did change his name to israel, and he did have at least twelve sons, 11 of who ...[text shortened]... so again, why should any race be given special priviledges concerning going to heaven?
    I know that many religions say that theirs is the only path to Heaven. I' m Christian and my faith states that the only way to Heaven is through Jesus. I am sure the Muslim believe in their own path, etc.

I hope God is more tolerant in his views of who goes to Heaven. There are too many people who aren't Christians that I hope get to Heaven.
  13. RDU NC
    Moves
    19 Apr '07 03:34
    Originally posted by Ruppster1
    I know that many religions say that theirs is the only path to Heaven. I' m Christian and my faith states that the only way to Heaven is through Jesus. I am sure the Muslim believe in their own path, etc.

I hope God is more tolerant in his views of who goes to Heaven. There are too many people who aren't Christians that I hope get to Heaven.
    you're a xian and your faith states that the only way to heaven is through jesus. you hope god is more tolerant in his views of who goes to heaven.

if jesus is the only way, why would god be more tolerant. tolerance doesn't = exclusivity. it can't.

stand on the bed rock of your faith and proclaim boldly what you believe. you will take flack, but at least be consistent. be well.
  14. Standard memberRuppster1
    Saved by grace.
    State of Denial.
    Moves
    19 Apr '07 03:57
    you're a xian and your faith states that the only way to heaven is through jesus. you hope god is more tolerant in his views of who goes to heaven.

if jesus is the only way, why would god be more tolerant. tolerance doesn't = exclusivity. it can't.

stand on the bed rock of your faith and proclaim boldly what you believe. you will take flack, but at least be consistent. be well.
    I believe that Christ died for my sins so that I may have eternal life. I believe that Christ rose from the dead and is seated at the right hand of God. That is the bedrock of my faith and I do proclaim it loudly. The rest of it are the things that I am not sure of and may never be sure.
  15. RDU NC
    Moves
    19 Apr '07 04:02
    Originally posted by Ruppster1
    I believe that Christ died for my sins so that I may have eternal life. I believe that Christ rose from the dead and is seated at the right hand of God. That is the bedrock of my faith and I do proclaim it loudly. The rest of it are the things that I am not sure of and may never be sure.
    what makes you so sure of these things?
    is it the bible?
    if not, how did you come to know such things?
    if so, why not search it for answers to your other questions?

esp. the psalms for answers to whether or not the nations will be represented in heaven.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree