Speculations on Idolatry

Speculations on Idolatry

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hmmm . . .

Moves
16 Mar 07
1 edit

Originally posted by ahosyney
That doesn't answer part of my question. But there still a problem. In your first post:

[i]However, based on the word analysis and context, some scholars (maybe most of them, I don’t know) think that these statements in John take on a special meaning. In them, Jesus is not referring to his human self, but to the divine [b]“I-AM” of the Hebrew scriptures, the original meaning by Jesus was , because we are not sure what language he was speaking.
[/b][/i]Good question. I think there is a way, but I have to be away today. Let me think about it and get back to you (bump me if I forget).

Also, because I think there is a way it can be argued, that doesn't mean there is not a good argument in your point too.

There are really two questions here for Christianity (not just one):

(1) Was Jesus in any way claiming divinity? (One of the arguments I have seen that he was not, was based on the meanings and usages of the terms "son of man" and "son of God" as Aramaic idioms.)

(2) If he was, what did/does that mean? (For example, was he claiming it uniquely for himself, or somehow for all humanity--and, either way, what might that mean?)

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
17 Mar 07
1 edit

Originally posted by kirksey957

Paula White is my soul molester of the week. "If you don't send in that $77 your prayers for healing will go unanswered." I love to call her 800 number and match wits with her telephone whores. Maybe I'll post some of my conversations as a little treat and levity for this forum.
... now that would be nice, Kirk.