1. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    07 Apr '18 17:08
    Originally posted by @secondson
    "Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.
    For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:"
    Seems like the right Kool-Aid, at least!
  2. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    08 Apr '18 14:23
    Originally posted by @freakykbh
    Seems like the right Kool-Aid, at least!
    I'm at a loss to understand some of the things you say.

Seems I'm stepping on your toes. It's as if it's a strain for you to condescend to my lower estate.

I know I'm sophomoric, but cut me a break! 😉
  3. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    08 Apr '18 14:25
    For instance; what does "I know I much prefer the general sense of well-being adherence to an ideology confers, if in nothing else, at least in the surety assumed in light of the general acceptance by far more august minds and overall constitutions" mean?

And what's this about heroics?

I think there's something I can learn here. Help me out.
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    08 Apr '18 23:11
    I'm at a loss to understand some of the things you say.

Seems I'm stepping on your toes. It's as if it's a strain for you to condescend to my lower estate.

I know I'm sophomoric, but cut me a break! 😉
    Unintended conveyance of annoyance; my apologies.

It was more an indictment on our typical reticence of putting much of what we hold to be true, to the type of scrutiny we reserve for other matters.
  5. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    09 Apr '18 00:26
    For instance; what does "I know I much prefer the general sense of well-being adherence to an ideology confers, if in nothing else, at least in the surety assumed in light of the general acceptance by far more august minds and overall constitutions" mean?

And what's this about heroics?

I think there's something I can learn here. Help me out.
    Something along the lines of safety in numbers, albeit with the additional benefit of some within those numbers having established themselves as better logicians than I, having captured my opinion from any previously held positions... including (what I held to be) as my own.

I believe the intention of thought to be action and it is clear beyond refute that the key in life is centered around thought.
    So I think.
    Now what!
    Heroics pull us into battle to find the what, make it our own.
  6. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    09 Apr '18 02:26
    Unintended conveyance of annoyance; my apologies.

It was more an indictment on our typical reticence of putting much of what we hold to be true, to the type of scrutiny we reserve for other matters.
    No need to apologize.

We should test what we hold to be true. I don't wish to labor over what you mean by "our typical reticence", I think I get that, and agree, but what "other matters" are there we scrutinize with a scrutiny we are reticent to use on what we hold to be true?
  7. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    09 Apr '18 02:39
    Something along the lines of safety in numbers, albeit with the additional benefit of some within those numbers having established themselves as better logicians than I, having captured my opinion from any previously held positions... including (what I held to be) as my own.

I believe the intention of thought to be action and it is clear beyond refute ...[text shortened]... thought.
    So I think.
    Now what!
    Heroics pull us into battle to find the what, make it our own.
    I see. I like that. Safety in numbers. Positions held captured by better logicians.

Indeed the battleground is in the mind. There is a heroic, in a sense, to "bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree