Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Spirituality

Spirituality

  1. Subscriber FreakyKBH
    Acquired Taste...
    05 Apr '18 15:50
    [Not philosophical and not spiritual, per se; let's call it metaphysical...]

    When you ask yourself a question, two-parter:

    a.) Who came up with the question; and,
    b.) Who are you asking?

    Things that make you go "Hmm..."
  2. 05 Apr '18 23:48
    Originally posted by @freakykbh
    [Not philosophical and not spiritual, per se; let's call it metaphysical...]

    When you ask yourself a question, two-parter:

    a.) Who came up with the question; and,
    b.) Who are you asking?

    Things that make you go "Hmm..."
    Me, myself and I.

    I asked myself a question, and me gets very confused.
  3. Subscriber BigDoggProblem
    The Advanced Mind
    06 Apr '18 00:22
    deliberation
  4. Subscriber FreakyKBH
    Acquired Taste...
    06 Apr '18 00:24
    Originally posted by @secondson
    Me, myself and I.

    I asked myself a question, and me gets very confused.
    I'm not one to act as though I'm 20,200 steps ahead of the three of you, but...
  5. Subscriber FreakyKBH
    Acquired Taste...
    06 Apr '18 00:25
    Originally posted by @bigdoggproblem
    deliberation
    And who won?
  6. 06 Apr '18 00:28 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by @freakykbh
    I'm not one to act as though I'm 20,200 steps ahead of the three of you, but...
    That's because we are going the other way when you turn around and look.

    You're 20,201 steps behind us now.
  7. Subscriber FreakyKBH
    Acquired Taste...
    06 Apr '18 00:35
    Originally posted by @secondson
    That's because we are going the other way when you turn around and look.

    You're 20,201 steps behind us now.
    In some universe, credit goes strictly on intention.
  8. 06 Apr '18 10:43
    Originally posted by @freakykbh
    In some universe, credit goes strictly on intention.
    Metaphysics is beyond me. I fall asleep mentally if and when I begin to ponder the abstract. Not that I don't or can't comprehend the divide between what is experienced through the senses and that which is immaterial, but because I don't believe that that which is invisible/immaterial is without a cause.

    It's the cause that wakes me up.

    I believe I am made in such a way, in my present condition, to understand just so much. My capacity is limited to a finiteness regulated by time, space and the material universe.

    I will know more and more in the ages to come.

    It's a beautiful thing.

    But for now I just feel weird.
  9. Subscriber FreakyKBH
    Acquired Taste...
    06 Apr '18 13:38 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by @secondson
    Metaphysics is beyond me. I fall asleep mentally if and when I begin to ponder the abstract. Not that I don't or can't comprehend the divide between what is experienced through the senses and that which is immaterial, but because I don't believe that that which is invisible/immaterial is without a cause.

    It's the cause that wakes me up.

    I believe I ...[text shortened]... and more in the ages to come.

    It's a beautiful thing.

    But for now I just feel weird.
    It's comforting in ways, that resignation of intellect, that comfort and confidence which allows us to fall asleep while someone else is driving.
    I know I much prefer the general sense of well-being adherence to an ideology confers, if in nothing else, at least in the surety assumed in light of the general acceptance by far more august minds and overall constitutions.
    A kinda "I'm with these guys," way of belng, I guess.
    Certainly nothing forged, invented or discovered by me; sadly, no heroics.

    But aren't we supposed to be that?
    Heroic?
    Is it possible that He intended far, far, way far more than a dunk-and-go way of being?
    That it was intended to instill like-minded 'conquering status' as the default, not a sheep-like meandering, chewing-swallowing-chewing-swallowing, 'blithely waiting' as the default, waiting most notably for their next flea bath?

    The more ground we conquer, the more expansive we see His endless reach.
  10. 06 Apr '18 14:12
    It’s a slippery slope from profundity to incoherence.
  11. Subscriber FreakyKBH
    Acquired Taste...
    06 Apr '18 14:14
    Originally posted by @js357
    It’s a slippery slope from profundity to incoherence.
    Take your time: it will come to you!
  12. 06 Apr '18 21:52
    Originally posted by @freakykbh
    It's comforting in ways, that resignation of intellect, that comfort and confidence which allows us to fall asleep while someone else is driving.
    I know I much prefer the general sense of well-being adherence to an ideology confers, if in nothing else, at least in the surety assumed in light of the general acceptance by far more august minds and overall ...[text shortened]... heir next flea bath?

    The more ground we conquer, the more expansive we see His endless reach.
    "Is it possible that He intended far, far, way far more than a dunk-and-go way of being?"

    We can only imagine. How far have we fallen?
  13. Subscriber FreakyKBH
    Acquired Taste...
    06 Apr '18 22:40
    Originally posted by @secondson
    "Is it possible that He intended far, far, way far more than a dunk-and-go way of being?"

    We can only imagine. How far have we fallen?
    No sense counting steps; let's just take them, instead.
  14. Subscriber karoly aczel
    Happy Chappie
    07 Apr '18 09:47
    Originally posted by @freakykbh
    I'm not one to act as though I'm 20,200 steps ahead of the three of you, but...
    Well ...
  15. 07 Apr '18 10:36 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by @freakykbh
    No sense counting steps; let's just take them, instead.
    "Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.
    For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:"