1. Shetland Primary
    Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11824
    16 Jun '05 17:54
    I think that sin is the main cause.
  2. Los Angeles
    Joined
    24 May '05
    Moves
    194
    16 Jun '05 17:58
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    I think that sin is the main cause.
    Sin is also reportedly the cause of Hindus dying from starvation, isn't that right dj2becker?

    It probably caused my Grandmother's back pain, too.

    And it will probably send me to hell to suffer for all eternity.

    So what's a little blindness then?
  3. Shetland Primary
    Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11824
    16 Jun '05 18:09
    Originally posted by Jack Bauer
    Sin is also reportedly the cause of Hindus dying from starvation, isn't that right dj2becker?

    It probably caused my Grandmother's back pain, too.

    And it will probably send me to hell to suffer for all eternity.

    So what's a little blindness then?
    Spiritual blindness prevents a person from seeing the Truth.
  4. Los Angeles
    Joined
    24 May '05
    Moves
    194
    16 Jun '05 18:15
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    Spiritual blindness prevents a person from seeing the Truth.
    I agree, if you're referring to someone who is blind due to their spirituality.
  5. Shetland Primary
    Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11824
    16 Jun '05 18:21
    Originally posted by Jack Bauer
    I agree, if you're referring to someone who is blind due to their spirituality.
    But do you think that sin can be a cause?
  6. Gangster Land
    Joined
    26 Mar '04
    Moves
    20732
    16 Jun '05 18:57
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    But do you think that sin can be a cause?
    Sin can be the cause of lots of things. Including, but not limited to, the misrepresentation of Christian theology. In the mean time why not relax in the knowledge that God will deal with all the sin when and if he sees fit...in other words, you need not worry about it.

    My suggestion is you take care of your own house and leave the sin extermination to those qualified to do it, which is to say God...and Priests if you are Catholic.

    TheSkipper
  7. R.I.P.
    Joined
    21 Dec '01
    Moves
    8578
    16 Jun '05 22:36
    What do you mean by spiritual blindness ?

    blindness cause by lack of any spiritual belief or blindness cause by an excess of any spiritual belief
  8. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Joined
    09 Sep '04
    Moves
    59422
    16 Jun '05 23:44
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    I think that sin is the main cause.
    You're wrong. It's the proliferation of narrow-minded zealotry masquerading as organized religion.
  9. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Joined
    18 Jul '04
    Moves
    8353
    17 Jun '05 01:001 edit
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    I think that sin is the main cause.
    There must be a name for the literary device you employ when starting a thread. There is always some broad but vaguely interesting title. This is always followed with the most disappointing OP possible.

    Edit: And some fool always rec's it!
  10. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Joined
    18 Jul '04
    Moves
    8353
    17 Jun '05 01:461 edit
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    I think that sin is the main cause.
    . . . or the deterioration of your spiritual visual cortex as in the case of T.S.

    "Of course, she can track things with her eyes. Sure, Bill, sure. You're the doctor."
  11. Shetland Primary
    Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11824
    17 Jun '05 09:23
    Originally posted by TheSkipper
    Sin can be the cause of lots of things. Including, but not limited to, the misrepresentation of Christian theology. In the mean time why not relax in the knowledge that God will deal with all the sin when and if he sees fit...in other words, you need not worry about it.

    My suggestion is you take care of your own house and leave the sin extermination to those qualified to do it, which is to say God...and Priests if you are Catholic.

    TheSkipper
    Do you think that God can deal with sin if it is not confessed?
  12. Shetland Primary
    Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11824
    17 Jun '05 09:27
    Originally posted by Jay Peatea
    What do you mean by spiritual blindness ?

    blindness cause by lack of any spiritual belief or blindness cause by an excess of any spiritual belief
    What do you mean by spiritual blindness ?

    The inability to see the Truth of God.

    blindness cause by lack of any spiritual belief or blindness cause by an excess of any spiritual belief

    Caused by sin. Whether you have the lack or an excess of any spiritual belief.
  13. Shetland Primary
    Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11824
    17 Jun '05 09:29
    Originally posted by David C
    You're wrong. It's the proliferation of narrow-minded zealotry masquerading as organized religion.
    Sin also causes this. Organised religion does not save anybody from sin. It is only once you see the truth of God.
  14. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Joined
    18 Jul '04
    Moves
    8353
    17 Jun '05 19:59
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    Do you think that God can deal with sin if it is not confessed?
    Of course not. Only an omnipotent being could do that. 🙂
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148415
    17 Jun '05 20:41
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    I think that sin is the main cause.
    Blindness how?

    You are saying that once one sins they can no longer see?

    You are saying that sins stops one from seeing the wrong they do?

    You are saying that sins does not stop any of the above but does
    stop something else?

    What are you saying?

    Kelly
Back to Top