1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Jan '17 18:461 edit
    In pursuit of God it is good to have one or more companions that you may help one another.

I did not say it was mandatory. I say it is very helpful. It is good to have an intimate and private time with God, for certain. But it is also good to have one or more companions to help each other.

You do not always need to be in a large area with hundreds of other seekers. With one, or two or more is an excellent way to pursue God.

In this thread I will offer from a Christian perspective the benefits of some ways to have "small group" meetings with one or a few spiritual companions.

The thread does not insist that others interested in Zen or some other faith may also contribute to the basic theme of spiritual companions. You all know that I am a lover of Jesus. And you all know that I will for my part be speaking from a Christian perspective.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Jan '17 18:59
    Originally posted by sonship
    In pursuit of God it is good to have one or more companions that you may help one another.

I did not say it was mandatory. I say it is very helpful. It is good to have an intimate and private time with God, for certain. But it is also good to have one or more companions to help each other.

You do not always need to be in a large area with hundreds of ...[text shortened]... ver of Jesus. And you all know that I will for my part be speaking from a Christian perspective.
    You cannot be a lover of Jesus and speak against the following of His commandments. You are an insane religious narcissist nutcase who is in love with himself.
  3. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    06 Jan '17 19:36
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    You cannot be a lover of Jesus and speak against the following of His commandments. You are an insane religious narcissist nutcase who is in love with himself.
    Same knee-jerk reaction, thread after thread after thread. 😴

The guy tries to explore a positive theme and this is what you give him.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Jan '17 19:39
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Same knee-jerk reaction, thread after thread after thread. 😴

The guy tries to explore a positive theme and this is what you give him.
    If you are bored with it, then go fly a kite or something.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Jan '17 19:51

You do not always need to be in a large area with hundreds of ...[text shortened]... ver of Jesus. And you all know that I will for my part be speaking from a Christian perspective.
    Is the solution you suggest, local, church orientated?
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Jan '17 20:22
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Just regular, normal, Christian fellowship, whether church-sponsored or just persons you trust and can talk to.

You know, the very reason why Jesus had 12 apostles. Safety and buoyancy in numbers. Like attracts like, whatever you want to call it.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Jan '17 23:05

Nice op.

what do you think of "misery sits next to company"?
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Jan '17 23:06
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Just regular, normal, Christian fellowship, whether church-sponsored or just persons you trust and can talk to.

You know, the very reason why Jesus had 12 apostles. Safety and buoyancy in numbers. Like attracts like, whatever you want to call it.
    But was not one of his apostles two-faced?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Jan '17 12:442 edits
    Possible Christian brother Rajk999 writes:

I am not sure whether it was Dogg or Ghost who warned me. One of the two warned me that I would regret saying that Rajk999 was not my Christian brother. You see I had been sure that he was not when I asked him a certain question.

Well whoever warned me that I would regret announcing that Rajk999 was not a Christian brother of mine, was perhaps right.

I am not sure he is or is not a Christian. And I would rather err on the side of caution.
    Perhaps he is my beloved brother in Christ though we argue a lot. Or he seems to want to argue with me a lot.

The topic at hand here is Spiritual Companions. Replies that I give to posts so far will necessarily be made to lean towards the OP subject matter.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Jan '17 12:52
    Originally posted by divegeester

This is about gathering in groups of two or three into the name of the Lord with the Lord's precious presence. This can be done whether there is a genuine local church in your area or there is not.

The Lord Jesus PROMISED that where two or three are gathered into His name, there He would be in the midst. He did not promise that every such gathering would be a church. But He did promise that any two or three could enjoy His precious presence.

And Christians should take advantage of this promise, opening up their own homes for meetings of spiritual companionship.

This Christian life has been designed by the Lord so that it is difficult to be overcoming alone when there are other saints with whom you can be spiritually living and vital.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Jan '17 13:00
    Originally posted by karoly aczel

This thread is about Christians meeting together by small groups to focus on enjoying Christ.

We do not have to WAIT until a perfect believer comes along. We probably would never find a perfect apostle let along a perfect other member of Christ's Body.

We imperfect brothers and sisters are advised to confess our sins one to another that we may be healed.

" Therefore confess your sins to one another and pray for one another that you may be healed. The petition of a righteous man avails much in its working." (James 5:16)

So you see, instead of gloating at each others faults, sometimes it is good to humbly confess our weaknesses to one another and PRAY for one another.

This is building, edifying, mutually encouraging and God will bless this. Any seeker of the Lord may participate needing no permission from any hierarchical religious structure.

Christians, open your homes for some companion like fellowship.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Jan '17 13:07
    The idea of spiritual companions is to focus on Christ. Getting together with another Christian should be limited in time so as not to dissipate into worldly talk.

The Lord said two or three should be gathered into His name for His presence. If we are too loose about this we may gather to talk entertainment, gossip, politics, doctrinal arguments, or some fleshly natural unprofitable talk which will have little blessing upon it.

But how good it is for two sisters or two brothers to say - "For the next half hour, we will drop all natural stuff and CENTER on reading the Bible and prayer or fellowship centered on Jesus Christ. "

This is being gathered into His name for His presence. It is not to gather for gossip or natural fleshy chatter about worldly nothings. We should watch over the use of time. Perhaps limit the time so that the focus remains on the Lord Jesus.

"Again, truly I say to you that if two of you are in harmony on earth concerning any matter for which they ask, it will be dome for them from My Father who is in the heavens.

For where there are two or three gathered into My name, there am I in their midst." (Matt. 18:19,20)
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Jan '17 13:08

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Jan '17 13:15
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Nice op.

Nice op.

It has not been grasped by many people what an unspeakable privilege it is to build up one another in God's purpose. It alludes many that there could hardly be a higher calling on this earth than to participate in the building up of one another in Christ.

This is not insignificant. This is kingdom facilitating. Its impact will be known perhaps only in eternity. The ripples of two or three Christians mutually edifying one another in fellowship and prayer are side effects which have everlasting benefit to the will of God.

We are moving into a new time on this earth. None of us know exactly what kinds of things are going to take place on this earth. This topic is arming Christians and seekers for God for the time to come.

But it is also profitable for today.

Your little bit of sarcasm there implies that only perfect people with perhaps no life problems should gather. No, those in understandable suffering also may be greatly strengthened by tending to God's desire that believers build one another up.

Two can chase ten thousand.
    And a three fold interwoven cord cannot be easily broken.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Jan '17 13:20
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I agree with Raj, more Sunday morning coffee shop jumble sale lets raise money for the church roof when the real issue is Gods Kingdom.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree