Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Spirituality

Spirituality

  1. 26 Jun '18 15:14 / 1 edit
    Will not the Judge of all the earth do right?’
    Genesis 18:25


    I am sure he will, and so will I also, all the time, and I’ll speak it out too.

    I defy the god of the hellers, I defy the god who will torture his detractors for eternity, I defy a small despotic being who will crush into eternal torment those who fail to believe in its ethereal existence, I despise its smallness and weakenss.

    The God of all the earth will do what is “right”, he is a God who can be absolutely trusted like a father in his mercy, support and benevolence.

    He is a God to whom we will all bow the knee and will all be happy to do so because of the wisdom and righteousness of his being.

    Anything less is spiritual fascism.
  2. Standard member sonship
    the corrected one.
    26 Jun '18 20:08 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    [b]Will not the Judge of all the earth do right?’
    Genesis 18:25


    I am sure he will, and so will I also, all the time, and I’ll speak it out too.

    I defy the god of the hellers, I defy the god who will torture his detractors for eternity, I defy a small despotic being who will crush into eternal torment those who fail to believe in its etherea ...[text shortened]... so because of the wisdom and righteousness of his being.

    Anything less is spiritual fascism.[/b]
    So you "defy" the Father of the Jesus Christ WHOM YOU ADMIT put into His mouth these words as the oracles of God:

    " But I will show you whom you should fear, fear Him who after killing, has the authority to cast into Gehenna,

    yes, I tell you, fear this One." (Luke 12:5)


    You shake your fist at the heavens and DEFY His God?

    OR you have an alternative interpretation of Luke 12:5 which teaches the opposite - there is NO reason to fear this One Who has this authority.

    Show us again how you interpret Luke 12:5 so that it's object lesson ends up being that judgment beyond physical death should NOT be a concern at all.

    Ie " I will tell you Whom you need NOT fear ..."
  3. Standard member sonship
    the corrected one.
    27 Jun '18 00:27 / 2 edits
    Will not the Judge of all the earth do right?’
    Genesis 18:25



    This is one of my favorite verses on the subject.

    Interestingly what Divegeester has not told you (at least yet) that these words were spoken about the cities Sodom and Gomorrah which God overthrew with fire and brimestone because of their uttermost rebellion against nature and nature's God.

    Now Divegeester regards the Bible some, I think. And latter we read THIS about Sodom and Gomorrah in the book of Jude.

    "How Sodom and Gamorrah and the cities around them, who in like manner with these gave themselves over to fornication and went after different flesh,

    are set forth as an example, undergoing the penalty of eternal fire." (Jude 7)


    So Divegeester, do you believe that the God, the Judge of all the earth who will judge righteously, set forth the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah as examples of sinners undergoing the penalty of eternal fire ?

    Remember "Will not the Judge of all the earth do right?" should cut in more than just one way.

    It can work FOR us and it can work AGAINST us depending on how we are judged.
  4. 27 Jun '18 00:43
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    [b]Will not the Judge of all the earth do right?’
    Genesis 18:25


    I am sure he will, and so will I also, all the time, and I’ll speak it out too.

    I defy the god of the hellers, I defy the god who will torture his detractors for eternity, I defy a small despotic being who will crush into eternal torment those who fail to believe in its etherea ...[text shortened]... so because of the wisdom and righteousness of his being.

    Anything less is spiritual fascism.[/b]
    Woe to those who call evil good
    and good evil,
    who put darkness for light
    and light for darkness,
    who put bitter for sweet
    and sweet for bitter.
  5. 27 Jun '18 07:11
    Originally posted by @sonship
    So you [b]"defy" the Father of the Jesus Christ WHOM YOU ADMIT put into His mouth these words as the oracles of God:

    " But I will show you whom you should fear, fear Him who after killing, has the authority to cast into Gehenna,

    yes, I tell you, fear this One." (Luke 12:5)


    You shake your fist at the heavens and DEFY ...[text shortened]... ysical death should NOT be a concern at all.

    Ie " I will tell you Whom you need NOT fear ..."[/b]
    Calm down sonship, you’re drooling with over excitement at the thought of me going to hell aren’t you...
  6. 27 Jun '18 07:13
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Woe to those who call evil good
    and good evil,
    who put darkness for light
    and light for darkness,
    who put bitter for sweet
    and sweet for bitter.
    Here come the curses.

    Gotta love these Christians.
  7. 27 Jun '18 07:26
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Here come the curses.

    Gotta love these Christians.
    ... That is also from the Bible.

    This has come out because you are basically implying that the Bible has proposed a totally evil system because it references hell / gehenna / etc.

    It is not an evil system, but the system of judgment set up by God. Hence, you being wrong for implying that the good, righteous system is evil.

    ... It seems you are so in love with the ways of the world that you are condemning the ways of heaven.
  8. 27 Jun '18 07:30
    Originally posted by @philokalia
    ... That is also from the Bible.

    This has come out because you are basically implying that the Bible has proposed a totally evil system because it references hell / gehenna / etc.

    It is not an evil system, but the system of judgment set up by God. Hence, you being wrong for implying that the good, righteous system is evil.

    ... It seems you are so in love with the ways of the world that you are condemning the ways of heaven.
    You’re a brave ex soldier aren’t you Jacob...tell me this then...unequivocally please...

    Is it morally right to supernaturally sustain a human being in a state of consciousness in order to deliberately burn them alive for eternity?

    Yes or no?
  9. Standard member sonship
    the corrected one.
    27 Jun '18 10:52 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Calm down sonship, you’re drooling with over excitement at the thought of me going to hell aren’t you...
    I am sure you have a nice imagination and would accompany your evasions with clever artwork if you could.

    Do you really think these deflections into my emotions adequately deal with the weaknesses of your position?

    Faking some cavalier fatherly like condescension only gives the impression of you staling for time.
  10. Standard member sonship
    the corrected one.
    27 Jun '18 11:01 / 5 edits
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Is it morally right to supernaturally sustain a human being in a state of consciousness in order to deliberately burn them alive for eternity?


    Calm yourself Divegeester.

    If anyone else punished forever it would not be right.
    If God does so it must be right, given all He did that we be reconciled and justified by Him.


    Yes or no?


    For God to punish forever ? Yes.

    What is the alternative? God created YOU and gave to YOU a sense of morality which He did not have in Himself to bestow.

    How could the effect be greater than the cause ?

    Your choices a limited:

    1.) God didn't say certain things.

    But you already admitted that He did. (Luke 12:5)

    2.) God said certain things but we badly misinterpret them.

    Your attempts to offer alternative interpretations have not been too good. They seem like twisting verses to make them mean the opposite of what they say.

    3.) Assuming God is in error of injustice and unrighteousness and needs your correction.

    Explain then how the creature - YOU, ended up with greater moral perfection than the Creator - God.
  11. 27 Jun '18 22:30
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    You’re a brave ex soldier aren’t you Jacob...tell me this then...unequivocally please...

    Is it morally right to supernaturally sustain a human being in a state of consciousness in order to deliberately burn them alive for eternity?

    Yes or no?
    I'd say that it is moral for God to dispense justice, and that people send themselves to hell.

    I do not know what the mechanics of hell are with certainty.

    But, based on the Bible, I know that Christians cannot make compelling arguments that there is no hell.

    Prove me wrong.
  12. 27 Jun '18 23:29
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Here come the curses.

    Gotta love these Christians.
    Not a curse dive just the truth according to the Bible. I really like this new human version of Dive that is responding to my posts.

    Frustration without malice is a nice change.