1. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Feb '09 19:35
    dear brothers of the spiritual forum, without question music is a spiritual entity! none other than James Marshall Hendrix confirmed this statement, therefore i though it worthwhile to give two links which seem also to confirm this statement. The first is Stevie wonder, playing live on sesame street, and although the title is in itself not a spiritual one, the experience certainly seems to be, and the second is by a band named Vanilla fudge, which again seems to be a spiritual experience. even though these choices may not be to your taste, do you think that it confirms the statement, that music is a spiritual entity for this has long been a source of confusion in my mind - regards robbie.

YouTube

YouTube&feature=related
  2. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    15 Feb '09 21:42
    Where are Beavis and Butthead when you need them?
  3. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    15 Feb '09 21:51
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Feb '09 22:52
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MRWqlf_8M8
    lol, i can hardly type for giggling....LOL!
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Feb '09 22:53
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Where are Beavis and Butthead when you need them?
    do they sing spiritual songs?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Feb '09 22:56
    why is it only the forum brothaz that have responded? are white folks a little more conservative or stuff when it comes to spiritual songs? i don't think it needs to be religious to be spiritual, although i could be wrong and leave the question open and welcome any comments.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Feb '09 23:45
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MRWqlf_8M8
    I honestly don't know whether to laugh or cry. Wrong on so many levels not least the facial hair.
  8. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    16 Feb '09 00:48
    This here is real tight. Hang around to the end as it gets real good.

YouTube
  9. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    16 Feb '09 00:57
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    do they sing spiritual songs?
    They offer astute commentary like "This sucks."
  10. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    16 Feb '09 01:08
    why is it only the forum brothaz that have responded? are white folks a little more conservative or stuff when it comes to spiritual songs? i don't think it needs to be religious to be spiritual, although i could be wrong and leave the question open and welcome any comments.
    That's because brothaz undastand persecution better than the man.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Feb '09 03:42
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    They offer astute commentary like "This sucks."
    here is what i am talking about, here is Jimi talking about the spiritual qualities inherent in music or the arts and how people can get peace of mind, solace, direction or whatever through music

YouTube
  12. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    16 Feb '09 03:45
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I honestly don't know whether to laugh or cry. Wrong on so many levels not least the facial hair.
    I'm going to do a cover of that for the next RHP Music Competition.
  13. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    16 Feb '09 07:01
    dear brothers of the spiritual forum, without question music is a spiritual entity! none other than James Marshall Hendrix confirmed this statement, therefore i though it worthwhile to give two links which seem also to confirm this statement. The first is Stevie wonder, playing live on sesame street, and although the title is in itself not a spirit ...[text shortened]... ww.youtube.com/watch?v=_ul7X5js1vE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iew6IdKUZt8&feature=related
    Interesting that you bring up that particular Stevie song. "When you believe in things that you don't understand, then you suffer; superstition ain't the way." Doesn't say much for your superstitious religion.

I like all sorts of music. For instance, all manner of Bach transcribed for guitar, such as YouTube

I don't really understand what the propositional content of your statement "music is a spiritual entity" actually is; so I will not comment on whether or not your submissions confirm it.
  14. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    16 Feb '09 07:14
    here is what i am talking about, here is Jimi talking about the spiritual qualities inherent in music or the arts and how people can get peace of mind, solace, direction or whatever through music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZizdexKfDA
    If that is what you mean, then yes I definitely agree with your thesis that "music is a spiritual entity".
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Feb '09 09:37

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZizdexKfDA
    Interesting reference and role model considering his addiction to hallucinogenic drugs, amphetamines, marijuana and alcohol; and his subsequent death from an overdose of them.

Nevermind the drug abuse, misery and death, get peace from the music; he new what it was all about.....man.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree