1. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Feb '09 01:493 edits
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    If that is what you mean, then yes I definitely agree with your thesis that "music is a spiritual entity".
    hey after all this time we agree on something. i also dig Bach, had privilege of going to see British guitar legend Julian Bream, it was awesome, although i do not know if i would describe it as a spiritual experience, more of a transcendence through time as he played many pieces from Renaissance right through to 1800s, it was at the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama in Glasgow, which was kind of restrained, as compared to the Barrowlands Barr, where i saw Johnny Rotten from the sex pistols, that also was awesome, but all the punks kept spitting on him and someone throw a bottle that hit him and he walked off, but not before he played Pretty Vacant!

i will ignore your comment with regard to superstition for i understand my beliefs perfectly well by virtue of them being founded on reason!
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Feb '09 01:51
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    I'm going to do a cover of that for the next RHP Music Competition.
    i wish you well with your effort, when is this competition that some members of the spiritual forum may enter, i know Jaywill composes music, perhaps like you there are others?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Feb '09 01:54
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Interesting reference and role model considering his addiction to hallucinogenic drugs, amphetamines, marijuana and alcohol; and his subsequent death from an overdose of them.

Nevermind the drug abuse, misery and death, get peace from the music; he new what it was all about.....man.
    yes, he is very reflective and thoughtful, this idea of playing music so that it goes inside a person and awakens something there I like, this is surely something spiritual?
  4. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    17 Feb '09 02:02
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    i wish you well with your effort, when is this competition that some members of the spiritual forum may enter, i know Jaywill composes music, perhaps like you there are others?
    There's one about once a year. I don't run them -- I just win them.
  5. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    17 Feb '09 02:03
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    hey after all this time we agree on something. i also dig Bach, had privilege of going to see British guitar legend Julian Bream, it was awesome, although i do not know if i would describe it as a spiritual experience, more of a transcendence through time as he played many pieces from Renaissance right through to 1800s, it was at the Royal Scottish ...[text shortened]... perstition for i understand my beliefs perfectly well by virtue of them being founded on reason!
    had privilege of going to see British guitar legend Julian Bream

You lucky dog. Bream is awesome and plays with a lot of passion and expression.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Feb '09 02:10
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    [b]had privilege of going to see British guitar legend Julian Bream

You lucky dog. Bream is awesome and plays with a lot of passion and expression.[/b]
    Yes, he was amazing, played the lute as well!
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Feb '09 02:12
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    There's one about once a year. I don't run them -- I just win them.
    well im gonna get some serious mojo on the case and win it myself!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree