1. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 16:20
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Please. Read the Site Announcement. It indicates that all religious ideas will be cast out of the general population and put into this special forum. It begs people to not post religious ideas elsewhere, and threatens them with moderation if they do.
    It has been alluded to by more than one person that atheistic arguments are not religious arguments, but rather anti-religious arguments, and that this forum was set up as an area for specifically pro-spiritual posters. The title does nothing to dispel that conception.
  2. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 16:43
    Originally posted by rwingett
    It has been alluded to by more than one person that atheistic arguments are not religious arguments, but rather anti-religious arguments, and that this forum was set up as an area for specifically pro-spiritual posters. The title does nothing to dispel that conception.
    I agree with both your posts (though I never saw the circle as a halo). I would suggest something like Faith and Reason (or Reason and Faith), since not everyone makes a clearcut distinction, and that presumably could be a topic for debate.
  3. Standard memberJoe Fist
    Troubador
    Land of Fist
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 17:191 edit
    Originally posted by ivanhoe

What are you on about ? I made a thread about the creation of a seperate "Religion" forum because I noticed a lot of irritation among many debaters concerning the "religious" threads and posts in the "Debates" forum. The constant d ...[text shortened]... wingett and Joe Fist are also interesting candidates .......

I take that as a compliment to be mentioned with Rwingett, thanks. 😀

But let's get the facts straight for the record. I did not start posting in the forums with the idea of how to piss off devout Christians. Like many, some of the more inarticulate zealots made remarks that I took to be personally offensive. I reacted and I will probably be even more vicious next time (consider yourself warned Darfius).
  4. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 18:021 edit
    Originally posted by darvlay
    I don't think anybody could have picked a worse name for our new forum. Does anybody have any suggestions for a name? I've heard Scribbles call it the Spirituality ex Debates forum, which doesn't have a bad ring to it.

I'd like it ...[text shortened]... poke at him with a stick, get him all riled up, then take off. 😉
    I don't have a problem with the name, I think it covers the multitude of topics that could feasibly be termed "spiritual" as the description beneath the name implies. I think somebody could start an Astrological Horoscope column here and perhaps arrange the occasional Séance! 😉
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    09 Jul '07 03:24
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    "Gnashing of Teeth" forum.
    I found this post way back on page 109, and I thought I would reply.
    This is such a great idea. Why didn't they change the name to this?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree