1. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 02:13
    I don't think anybody could have picked a worse name for our new forum. Does anybody have any suggestions for a name? I've heard Scribbles call it the Spirituality ex Debates forum, which doesn't have a bad ring to it.

I'd like it so see it renamed to "The Darfius Cage". I'll come by once and a while and just poke at him with a stick, get him all riled up, then take off. 😉
  2. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 02:14
    Originally posted by darvlay
    I don't think anybody could have picked a worse name for our new forum. Does anybody have any suggestions for a name? I've heard Scribbles call it the Spirituality ex Debates forum, which doesn't have a bad ring to it.

I'd like it so see it renamed to "The Darfius Cage". I'll come by once and a while and just poke at him with a stick, get him all riled up, then take off. 😉
    As much as despise being generalized as "religious", I would prefer Religion over Spirituality, because I don't want my relationship with Christ to be confused with Yoga.
  3. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 02:15
    Though of course I would prefer most of all to be moved back to the Debate forum.
  4. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 02:16

"Gnashing of Teeth" forum.
  5. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 03:05
    Does anybody have any suggestions for a name?
    I have a few others.

"That forum whose design is ideologically equivalent to the Confederate states' notion of separate but equal public facilities for Blacks and Whites."

"Outside the Atheist Comfort Zone"

"The Other Side of the Story"

"Debate Points Deemed Unworthy by Crybabies with Opposing Views"

"Stuff that made lots of people uncomfortable, which they couldn't deal with on their own and had to go crying to the site admin, who can't honestly believe this new forum is a good idea but has to do something to relieve his headaches justice be damned, for relief because they couldn't figure out how to handle it on their own. Hooray for the whiners! Squeak! Squeak! Sqeak! Hey Ivanhoe and pcaspian, how do you like your method of problem solving now that the tables have been turned?"
  6. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 03:08

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 06:41
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    I have a few others.

"That forum whose design is ideologically equivalent to the Confederate states' notion of separate but equal public facilities for Blacks and Whites."

"Outside the Atheist Comfort Zone"

"The Other Side of the Story"

"Debate Points Deemed Unworthy by Crybabies with Opposing Views"

"Stuff that made lots of ...[text shortened]... pcaspian, how do you like your method of problem solving now that the tables have been turned?"

What are you on about ? I made a thread about the creation of a seperate "Religion" forum because I noticed a lot of irritation among many debaters concerning the "religious" threads and posts in the "Debates" forum. The constant degrading, insulting and intolerant posts by some of the secular side did not stop. Not even after the religious debaters in question had restrained themselves to post in a limited number of threads.
    Please remember I also presented the alternative solution I practised myself, namely to not read the threads and posts one is not interested in. That solution wasn't welcomed by the anti-crowd.

Somehow a solution had to be found.
    I find the solution that has been presented to us to be quite satisfactory.

If you want to spend some quality time with one of the people who constantly drove the religious people in question into a corner with his constant rants and bigotted insults and whom I consider to be one of the biggest instigators of this past unpleasant episode in the Debates forum I advise you to invite No1 for an in-depth interview. He was the leader of the pack so to speak ..... know what I'm saying ? Rwingett and Joe Fist are also interesting candidates .......

8. Standard memberMayharm
    the Mad
    Jupiter
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 10:25
    Originally posted by Darfius
    As much as despise being generalized as "religious", I would prefer Religion over Spirituality, because I don't want my relationship with Christ to be confused with Yoga.
    The name of the forum isn't going to change our perceptions of you darfius, please tell me you aren't so full of pride that you actually believe that...? Why that would be a greivous sin indeed!

If you think yoga is a "spiritual" discipline then you are ignorant of that which you disparagingly call "spiritual". Which would make this another example of bearing false witness...?

MÅ¥HÅRM
  9. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 12:17
    I must take this opportunity to congratulate myself as being the first one moderated in this new forum.
  10. Standard memberthesonofsaul
    King of the Ashes
    Trying to rise ....
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 12:35
    Originally posted by Mayharm
    The name of the forum isn't going to change our perceptions of you darfius, please tell me you aren't so full of pride that you actually believe that...? Why that would be a greivous sin indeed!

If you think yoga is a "spiritual" discipline then you are ignorant of that which you disparagingly call "spiritual". Which would make this another example of bearing false witness...?

MÅ¥HÅRM
    Don't worry about Darfius--he's harmless. I actually don't think he means to be prideful, snide, pedantic and entirely self-righteous. Instead, I suggest that he is simply someone with very little imagination trying to be funny!

Then again, I could be wrong.

... --- ...
  11. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 14:08

I agree that "Sprituality" is a terrible name. Especially with the little halo symbol. It seems to imply a tacit endorsement of religious claims by the site, that they are somehow sponsoring spirituality within RHP, and that the forum is set up exclusively for religious people so they can sing their praises to Jesus. It definately gives the impression that agnostics and atheists are outsiders in this forum and that they venture within at their own peril.

I would move for a more neutral title, something like "Faith vs. Reason".
  12. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 15:13
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    I must take this opportunity to congratulate myself as being the first one moderated in this new forum.
    Congratulations, Kirksey. I guess you wrong about that being spiritual.
  13. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 15:30
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Congratulations, Kirksey. I guess you wrong about that being spiritual.
    Actually it was your fault that I was moderated as I only used your description of the symbol for this forum. It was you who caused me to fall from grace and suffa tha judgement from the almighty modarata futha mo increasin my so called lamentations.
  14. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 15:36
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Actually it was your fault that I was moderated as I only used your description of the symbol for this forum. It was you who caused me to fall from grace and suffa tha judgement from the almighty modarata futha mo increasin my so called lamentations.
    It sounds to me like we have been disenfranchised and our denomination of spirituality has been discriminated against. Who's to say that Christianity is more spiritual than speculation about a fictional pop icon's body parts? The same people in power in here who say that secular ideas are more valid for Debates than spiritual ideas, I suppose.
  15. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 15:391 edit
    Originally posted by rwingett
    It definately gives the impression that agnostics and atheists are outsiders in this forum and that they venture within at their own peril.

Please. Read the Site Announcement. It indicates that all religious ideas will be cast out of the general population and put into this special forum. It begs people to not post religious ideas elsewhere, and threatens them with moderation if they do.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree