1. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    24 Sep '09 17:21
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    Well, at least you have a better sense of humor than Swiss Gambit. Jesus, that guy could make drying paint seem enthralling.
    Heh, you wouldn't laugh at anything without an anal reference in it.
  2. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    24 Sep '09 18:01
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    everything around me confirms that our universe does have a creator.
    Even Down Syndrome?
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Sep '09 18:33
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Even Down Syndrome?
    Never mind that man, just look at all the spiritual train wrecks on this site alone. It kinda makes you scratch your head, but then, its what makes life interesting I suppose.
  4. in yer face
    Moves
    24 Sep '09 19:34

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    24 Sep '09 19:49
    1. Do you believe in the existence of a supreme being (a God, The God, Giant All Seeing All Knowing Space Pumpkins)?

No, I don't believe in any supreme being (although I suppose bacteria are probably the most successful on the planet, depending how you measure success)

2. What religion do you profess to adhere to (please be specific)?

I don't profess to adhere to any religion.

3. If you believe in God why (what brought you to your belief)?

Not applicable

4. If you don't believe in God what would convince you otherwise?

Some sort of objective evidence. The following website lists a number of scenarios that I think would be pretty convincing:

http://www.ebonmusings.org/atheism/theistguide.html

Whodey, if you read the questions you will realise that us non-believers only get to answer 2!

--- Penguin.
  6. Playing with matches
    Moves
    24 Sep '09 23:05
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I'm throwing you out as a statistical error attributed to excessive retardation of your parents and the likely presence of lead paint chips in your diet.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Sep '09 23:21
    Whodey, if you read the questions you will realise that us non-believers only get to answer 2!

--- Penguin.[/b]
    Thanks, I feel much better now. 😀
  8. in yer face
    Moves
    25 Sep '09 03:54

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

9. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    25 Sep '09 23:21
    I'm easily confused and would like to see a Spirituality Scorecard identifying the alligances/beliefs of the various posters.

These are the questions I'd pose, but, feel free to elaborate:
    1. Do you believe in the existence of a supreme being (a God, The God, Giant All Seeing All Knowing Space Pumpkins)?
    2. What religion do you profess to adher ...[text shortened]... f God (or, the suitable application of an enormous quantity of booze, drugs and loose women).
    1. Yes, God.
    2. Catholicism
    3. Catholicism, My parents, common sense, logic, thinking.
    4. I do
  10. Playing with matches
    Moves
    25 Sep '09 23:39
    Originally posted by daniel58
    1. Yes, God.
    2. Catholicism
    3. Catholicism, My parents, common sense, logic, thinking.
    4. I do
    I was surprised by your answer as to what brought you to your belief in God.

3a. Cathlocism - I assume you mean that they indoctrinated you from an early age?

3b. Parents - Are they good people? Do they believe as you do? Have you ever asked them why they believe?

3c.Common Sense - Very surprised by this as my "common sense" would lead me to believe that God does not exist, or, at least, not in the any accepted organized religion would recognized.

3d. Logic - Again, extremely surprised and would vey much like to understand how you used logic to secure your belief in God. Reasoning seems to be far removed from what is typically thought of as an acceptance based on faith.

3e. Thinking - By this I assume you mean that you've spent considerable time considering the nature of God and developed a spiritual belief that you can feel comfortable with.
  11. Playing with matches
    Moves
    25 Sep '09 23:42
    I was surprised by your answer as to what brought you to your belief in God.

3a. Cathlocism - I assume you mean that they indoctrinated you from an early age?

3b. Parents - Are they good people? Do they believe as you do? Have you ever asked them why they believe?

3c.Common Sense - Very surprised by this as my "common sense" would lead me t ...[text shortened]... dering the nature of God and developed a spiritual belief that you can feel comfortable with.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree