1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 Aug '10 14:09
    What level at you at ?
    If you dont know you are probably on the right track.
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 Aug '10 14:14
    Clue: When you understand Opposition and how it relates to your life, you start to understand....
  3. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    27 Aug '10 14:512 edits
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    What level at you at ?
    "...What level at you at ?..."

What? There are different levels?
    Actually, come to think about it, I think you are right;
    there really are “different levels” –everything from just slightly religiously inclined to completely stark raving screaming mad.

I think ( or at least hope) I am at "level" zero.
    If I reach level ten, kill me!
  4. Standard memberua41
    Sharp Edge
    Dulling my blade
    Moves
    27 Aug '10 16:06
    I associate spirituality with my natural initiatives. Just my day to day interactions and taking in what I can and my reflections upon them. But how can I tell if it's my own reflexes rather than being filtered through and by everything around me? I suppose there's no difference- I'm already going by my initiatives by reacting to them.
  5. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    27 Aug '10 16:48
    What level at you at ?
    Define 'spirituality.'
  6. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    27 Aug '10 17:06
    what is the sound of one hand clapping?
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 Aug '10 19:19
    Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
    "...What level at you at ?..."

What? There are different levels?
    Actually, come to think about it, I think you are right;
    there really are “different levels” –everything from just slightly religiously inclined to completely stark raving screaming mad.

I think ( or at least hope) I am at "level" zero.
    If I reach level ten, kill me!
    Yes, there are levels.
    But I was not refferring to fanaticism😉
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 Aug '10 19:25
    Originally posted by ua41
    I associate spirituality with my natural initiatives. Just my day to day interactions and taking in what I can and my reflections upon them. But how can I tell if it's my own reflexes rather than being filtered through and by everything around me? I suppose there's no difference- I'm already going by my initiatives by reacting to them.
    I guess thats what experience is for. After a while you start to recognize patterns,(as we did when we were kids), but on a whole "higher/deeper" level.
    You start to know what is you and what is other peoples projection. What is really real and what is...false,(unecessary).

You seen "The Invention of Lying", with Ricky Gervais?
    I think that movie gives a good account of "spirituality of christianity". (For the christians I meet anyway).

((keep it short Charlie or they'll just skim past your post🙂 ))
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 Aug '10 19:31
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Define 'spirituality.'
    They key word for me is "Spirit".
    It is in the word spirituality and derives the word inpspiration,(for example).

"Spirit" means many things to many people, but to me I only want to focus on the unifying features.
    "The Great Spirit", "The spirit of the Land" and so forth.
    If you can add to this ...er... rant feel free.

(This is not a defintition-I'm not going down that road.)
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 Aug '10 19:32
    Originally posted by duecer
    what is the sound of one hand clapping?
  11. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    28 Aug '10 03:20
    They key word for me is "Spirit".
    It is in the word spirituality and derives the word inpspiration,(for example).

"Spirit" means many things to many people, but to me I only want to focus on the unifying features.
    "The Great Spirit", "The spirit of the Land" and so forth.
    If you can add to this ...er... rant feel free.

(This is not a defintition-I'm not going down that road.)
    The terms 'spirit' and 'spiritual' are very nebulous. Theists have certainly been known to exploit the multiple meanings of the word for their own agenda. For my part, I steer clear from using them whenever possible.
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Aug '10 06:03
    Originally posted by rwingett
    The terms 'spirit' and 'spiritual' are very nebulous. Theists have certainly been known to exploit the multiple meanings of the word for their own agenda. For my part, I steer clear from using them whenever possible.
    I could see why you would steer clear of them. I usually do unless the other party wishes to use such terminology.
    I believe it important to try to talk to people about spirituality in their own terminology.
    For example if talking to christians I will use examples from Jesus and not the Bhudda.
    Of course my (and I assume everyone's) dialogue changes when it is one on one, and you may already know a lot about a person...
  13. Standard memberua41
    Sharp Edge
    Dulling my blade
    Moves
    30 Aug '10 17:11
    I guess thats what experience is for. After a while you start to recognize patterns,(as we did when we were kids), but on a whole "higher/deeper" level.
    You start to know what is you and what is other peoples projection. What is really real and what is...false,(unecessary).
    Would you view others projections as discarded when regarding your own spirituality? The pattern recognition bit seems to indicate no- its hard to say ones perspectives are separate from the whole.

When multitudes all follow suit of a pattern is this a "higher/deeper" level of recognition? Do we come across spiritual guidelines as a whole? Or our personal perspectives on things?

Personally, I think everyones perspectives gives on the tools to forge their own spirituality. You are given all this context and relative dispositions and its up to you to make of it what it is.
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    30 Aug '10 17:26
    The idea of science, is to look at those patterns in a careful and organized manner, thus trying to avoid mistakes and illusions. It is all to easy to wrongly identify or wrongly interpret patterns and science helps us weed out the errors.
    Anyone who refuses to subject patterns they believe they have observed to scientific scrutiny or refuse to accept the results when science comes to conclusions contrary to what they believe (but do not argue that the scientific method is at fault), are essentially deliberately deluding themselves.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    30 Aug '10 21:12
    Originally posted by ua41
    Would you view others projections as discarded when regarding your own spirituality? The pattern recognition bit seems to indicate no- its hard to say ones perspectives are separate from the whole.

When multitudes all follow suit of a pattern is this a "higher/deeper" level of recognition? Do we come across spiritual guidelines as a whole? Or our personal pe ...[text shortened]... e given all this context and relative dispositions and its up to you to make of it what it is.
    I wouldn't discard anything, however I dont put too much weight on most things.
    Every now and then someone special comes along that is really worth listening to. But not because they know the "truth". Because they know me. They can See inside of me and be respectful and gentle, recognizing that all sentient beings are born into "fear".

There are spiritual guidelines to be found. But thats what they are: guidelines. Its just a sensisble extentsion of everyday common sense.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree