1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    30 May '10 17:14
    You know when I think about Jesus coming to earth so that all that believed in him ,and what he did on the cross would avoid going to Hell, and get a pass into Heaven. Communication was very poor back then, and I assume that the name Jesus was not an household name for many hundreds of years after the Good News came about. Bad timing to spread such crucial news. Did everyone that did not get the Good News in time end up in Hell ?
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    30 May '10 18:211 edit
    Originally posted by buckky
    You know when I think about Jesus coming to earth so that all that believed in him ,and what he did on the cross would avoid going to Hell, and get a pass into Heaven. Communication was very poor back then, and I assume that the name Jesus was not an household name for many hundreds of years after the Good News came about. Bad timing to spread such crucial news. Did everyone that did not get the Good News in time end up in Hell ?
    Why are you worrying about those few handfuls of people? What about all those today who don't believe?
    The world population back then was tiny. Less than half the world today is Christian, and that is probably at least 10 times the population back then, probably a lot more. Stats anyone?

The crucial part of your post is "all that believed in him". You see, if I do not believe in him, then there must be something wrong with his message. I did not choose not to believe in him.

And it is odd that you ignored all the people who lived and died before Jesus. What about them? If the Jews are to be believed, then a lot of people back then got into heaven.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    30 May '10 18:48
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Why are you worrying about those few handfuls of people? What about all those today who don't believe?
    The world population back then was tiny. Less than half the world today is Christian, and that is probably at least 10 times the population back then, probably a lot more. Stats anyone?

The crucial part of your post is "all that believed in him". You ...[text shortened]... t about them? If the Jews are to be believed, then a lot of people back then got into heaven.
    Still as a per capita claim I think bukky's onto something there.
  4. Maryland
    Moves
    30 May '10 19:32
    Never by stock in a company that promises the payoff only after you die!
  5. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    30 May '10 20:02
    Originally posted by 667joe
    Never by stock in a company that promises the payoff only after you die!
    Ever heard of life insurance?
  6. Maryland
    Moves
    30 May '10 21:06
    Ah! But most life insurance companies have a verifiable record of paying off. As far as I know, billions of people have died, and there is no verifiable evidence that any of them have been paid off by Jesus.
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    01 Jun '10 13:19
    Do you think Jesus's message would have been better suited for today?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree