Moves
    21 Aug '11 22:42
    Srimad Bhagavatam 10:84:13

yasyatma-buddhih kunape tri-dhatuke
    sva-dhih kalatradisu bhauma ijya-dhih
    yat-tirtha-buddhih salile na karhicij
    janesv abhijnesu sa eva go-kharah

Translation
    "A human being who identifies this body made of three elements with his self, who considers the by-products of the body to be his kinsmen, who considers the land of birth worshipable, and who goes to a place of pilgrimage simply to take a bath rather than meet men of transcendentalknowledge there, is to be considered like an ass or a cow."
  2. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    21 Aug '11 23:36
    what's wrong with an ass or a cow? do you believe them to be lesser beings than humans?
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    21 Aug '11 23:56
    Hey Dasa, nice to see you posting again. I'm now a Hindu now. A hindu who likes atheist bumper stickers. Hahahha
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    21 Aug '11 23:58
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Srimad Bhagavatam 10:84:13

yasyatma-buddhih kunape tri-dhatuke
    sva-dhih kalatradisu bhauma ijya-dhih
    yat-tirtha-buddhih salile na karhicij
    janesv abhijnesu sa eva go-kharah

Translation
    "A human being who identifies this body made of three elements with his self, who considers the by-products of the body to be his kinsmen, who considers the land of bir ...[text shortened]... her than meet men of transcendentalknowledge there, is to be considered like an ass or a cow."
    You are going where with this?

Really, I already found the meaning of life a few times now, so where are you going with it?
  5. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Aug '11 03:50
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    You are going where with this?

Really, I already found the meaning of life a few times now, so where are you going with it?
    Its nice to hear you are pushing on with your spirituality.

I am also doing the same ........it never ends because the first thing you realize when you become involved with the teachings of the Veda is that you a very tiny and know nothing (but that s good)............meaning that you can understand the smallness of your position and the greatness of Gods creation and the infinite possibilities to explore.

Small being a relative perception.

Anyhow what exactly are you asking (I am not clear)
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    23 Aug '11 05:40
    Its nice to hear you are pushing on with your spirituality.

I am also doing the same ........it never ends because the first thing you realize when you become involved with the teachings of the Veda is that you a very tiny and know nothing (but that s good)............meaning that you can understand the smallness of your position and the greatness of Gods c ...[text shortened]... e.

Small being a relative perception.

Anyhow what exactly are you asking (I am not clear)
    I'm asking the meaning for you of the op. The reason why you started this thread.

Sorry, I'm a bit slow at responding, just going to the library these days 🙂
  7. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Aug '11 06:371 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I'm asking the meaning for you of the op. The reason why you started this thread.

Sorry, I'm a bit slow at responding, just going to the library these days 🙂
    Well I believe it speaks for itself........but

Anyone believing the temporary material body to be the true self, and who travells to holy places just to swim, and worships the land he was born because he is thinking the land is special in some way, and who believes his offspring are his possessions and are superior to all others through blood ties.............are just like dumb cows or asses.

Because we see most of humanity believing in these illusions.... don't we.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Aug '11 13:13

Anyone believing the temporary material body to be the true self, and who travells to holy places just to swim, and worships the land he was born because he is thinking the land is special in some way, and who believes his offspring are his possessions and are superior to all others through blood ties........... ...[text shortened]... mb cows or asses.

You are like one of the Pharisees, a blind guide.
  9. Utrecht
    Moves
    24 Aug '11 14:00
    What's wrong with what Dasa said?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Aug '11 16:45
    Originally posted by Sake
    What's wrong with what Dasa said?
    Well, apparently not content with - or secure in - his own spiritual journey or insights, he feels the need to assert himself by telling those who have a different belief system from him that they are "just like dumb cows or asses" and that they are "dishonest" even when they are clearly posting in good faith and with a good deal more graciousness. Of course there are other allegedly "spiritual" posters here who do the same thing as Dasa.
  11. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Aug '11 17:36
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well, apparently not content with - or secure in - his own spiritual journey or insights, he feels the need to assert himself by telling those who have a different belief system from him that they are "just like dumb cows or asses" and that they are "dishonest" even when they are clearly posting in good faith and with a good deal more graciousness. Of course there are other allegedly "spiritual" posters here who do the same thing as Dasa.
    First of all the OP is a verse from the Srimad Bhagavatam.

The Srimad Bhagavatam is calling these deluded people cows and asses.

The Srimad Bhagavatam is the authority.

Once again you are making it personal.

And once again you are manipulating.

And of course once again you are dishonest for doing so.
  12. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    24 Aug '11 17:41
    First of all the OP is a verse from the Srimad Bhagavatam.

The Srimad Bhagavatam is calling these deluded people cows and asses.

The Srimad Bhagavatam is the authority.

Once again you are making it personal.

And once again you are manipulating.

And of course once again you are dishonest for doing so.
    Out of interest, how many people have you personally converted to your faith?
  13. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Aug '11 18:10
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Out of interest, how many people have you personally converted to your faith?
    MR Knob

My purpose here is to expose cheating religion and cheating science and of course to inform people where they may go and enquire into true religion.

I am not interested in converting anyone.

At least now .....persons may if they so desire enquire into the teachings of the Veda.

This world is full of cheating religion and cheating science and it only brings more suffering to an already suffering population.

Being here has been a real experience for I have never in my whole life conversed with so many dishonest persons all in one place.

Its like that the right of passage to be in this forum is to subscribe to dishonesty......this is so sad.

I am constantly defending animal welfare......can you believe that.

And also constantly defending life comes from life.......not non life.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Aug '11 23:46
    The Srimad Bhagavatam is calling these deluded people cows and asses. [...]

And of course once again you are dishonest for [making it personal].
    Well you either stand by the insults you deliver in your posts or you don't. It seems your belief system is dependent on you insulting people whose belief system differs from yours.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Aug '11 23:48

Anyone believing the temporary material body to be the true self, and who travells to holy places just to swim, and worships the land he was born because he is thinking the land is special in some way, and who believes his offspring are his possessions and are superior to all others through blood ties........... ...[text shortened]... mb cows or asses.

Ok. So why the superior tone in your posts? Are we not all equal when we unbind ourselves from illusion?
    Should we not be focussing on love and a way forward rather than pointing out people's mistakes? After all, we all have 20/20 in hindsight.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree