1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Aug '13 05:09
    Starlight and Time with Dr. Russell Humphreys

The Bible says the universe is just thousands of years old, and yet we can see stars that are billions of light-years away. Dr Russell Humphreys' new cosmology addresses this issue with a fresh and scientifically sound solution. Learn how practical physics using Einstein's relativity explains how light could be seen on Earth during Creation week.

YouTube

The Instructor
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    21 Aug '13 05:22
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Starlight and Time with Dr. Russell Humphreys

The Bible says the universe is just thousands of years old, and yet we can see stars that are billions of light-years away. Dr Russell Humphreys' new cosmology addresses this issue with a fresh and scientifically sound solution. Learn how practical physics using Einstein's relativity explains how light could b ...[text shortened]... on Earth during Creation week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3XSz5TEInU

The Instructor
    If you had even the slightest understanding of geometry, you would know that it is not possible to reconcile a young earth and distant stars.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Aug '13 05:36
    The Bible says the universe is just thousands of years old,

Where ?
    Which verse attaches a number of years to the age of the universe ?
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Aug '13 07:37
    Originally posted by sonship
    The Bible says the universe is just thousands of years old,

Where ?
    Which verse attaches a number of years to the age of the universe ?
    One can calculated from the number of years recorded in the Holy Bible down to historical times to come up with a little over 6,000 years. There is no allowance for millions or billions of years.

The Instructor
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Aug '13 07:39
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    If you had even the slightest understanding of geometry, you would know that it is not possible to reconcile a young earth and distant stars.
    Dr. Russell Humphreys does it.

The Instructor
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Aug '13 08:061 edit
    Distant starlight and Genesis: conventions of time measurement

http://creation.com/distant-starlight-and-genesis-conventions-of-time-measurement

How can we see distant stars in a young universe

http://creation.com/images/pdfs/cabook/chapter5.pdf

The following link includes a equation for calculation for anyone interested.

http://creation.com/a-new-cosmology-solution-to-the-starlight-travel-time-problem

The Instructor
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    21 Aug '13 09:02
    The following link includes a equation for calculation for anyone interested.

http://creation.com/a-new-cosmology-solution-to-the-starlight-travel-time-problem

The Instructor
    Do you realise that he says the universe is actually billions of years old, and only the earth is young?
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Aug '13 09:20
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Do you realise that he says the universe is actually billions of years old, and only the earth is young?
    He says it depends on whose clock you are using. By Earth's clock creation only took 6 days of 24 hours. That is what we go by.

The Instructor
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    21 Aug '13 09:44
    He says it depends on whose clock you are using. By Earth's clock creation only took 6 days of 24 hours. That is what we go by.

The Instructor
    So do you then accept that the universe is billions of years old by other clocks?
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Aug '13 10:171 edit
    One can calculated from the number of years recorded in the Holy Bible down to historical times to come up with a little over 6,000 years. There is no allowance for millions or billions of years.

The Instructor
    "one can calculate''. Well that is not the same thing as just asserting the age of the universe is in the bible. "One can calculate'' just means your or someone else's opinion.

Since the whole bible is just made up stories AND wasn't even codified for hundreds of years after your precious Jesus, they are as full of shyte as a christmas turkey.

It's trivial to make up self fulfilling prophecies a hundred years after the fact. And to fulfill vague prophecies of a thousand years before Jesus also.
  11. Joined
    30 Dec '04
    Moves
    21 Aug '13 14:52
    Dr. Russell Humphreys does it.

The Instructor
    I just listened to a great teaching by him. I'm not much into rocks and stuff but he shows that at the end of all the major river's mouths on the earth there is only 4500 years of mud at the end of them. I found it very interesting. I've never had the time to study those kind of things but he seems to be very knowledgeable andinformative.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Aug '13 16:07
    Originally posted by boonon
    I just listened to a great teaching by him. I'm not much into rocks and stuff but he shows that at the end of all the major river's mouths on the earth there is only 4500 years of mud at the end of them. I found it very interesting. I've never had the time to study those kind of things but he seems to be very knowledgeable andinformative.
    Yes, he a very intelligent and knowledgeable man of science. We could use more like him to help discredit these false teachings inspired by Satan and his so-called atheistic followers.

The Instructor
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Aug '13 18:05
    Yes, he a very intelligent and knowledgeable man of science. We could use more like him to help discredit these false teachings inspired by Satan and his so-called atheistic followers.

The Instructor
    I'll take Satan any time. You don't have to be particularly intelligent to have an agenda. Your Humpty has an admitted agenda and therefore ANYTHING he says is automatically suspect from day one.

You don't do science with the built in idea you are going to prove something.

You go into a science with the idea of learning the truth, not verifying things not even said directly in the bible, which by definition, is an agenda.

Agenda is the antithesis of science.
  14. Joined
    30 Dec '04
    Moves
    21 Aug '13 20:31

The Instructor
    I have to correct myself RJ. I was listening to Dr Humphreys but the teaching I heard about the rivers was by Dr Grady McMurtry. My mistake , I apologize.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Aug '13 21:24
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I'll take Satan any time. You don't have to be particularly intelligent to have an agenda. Your Humpty has an admitted agenda and therefore ANYTHING he says is automatically suspect from day one.

You don't do science with the built in idea you are going to prove something.

You go into a science with the idea of learning the truth, not verifying thing ...[text shortened]... ctly in the bible, which by definition, is an agenda.

Agenda is the antithesis of science.
    The evilutionists do science with an agenda to prove their theory and you have no objection to that. All atheists do their science with an agenda to ignore intelligent design and you don't object to that.

The Instructor

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree