1. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    10 Oct '11 03:08
    It has long been contended that the wealthy stars of Hollywood are mainly a large group of charismatic, influential, liberal progressives who oppose God, Christianity, and Conservativism.

Is this true and if so, why do you think it is true?
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Oct '11 03:13
    Originally posted by sumydid
    It has long been contended that the wealthy stars of Hollywood are mainly a large group of charismatic, influential, liberal progressives who oppose God, Christianity, and Conservativism.

Do they opppose God?

you seem to be drawing a very long bow with that op.

Is it really that large of a group? It seems that they keep using the same 20 actors for the films that come out of Hollywood
  3. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    10 Oct '11 03:40
    Hollywood is composed of more than just 20 actors. There are scant few Conservative believers and most don't go public with it for fear of losing their jobs.

Anyway, I was just wanting to create a Stars thread since we already had Sun and Moon threads.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Oct '11 03:583 edits

Well lets see. These "stars" have more money than God. Check

These "stars" have people telling them how great they are because of their worldly success, so much so that they are even invited by Congress to give testimonies about certain issues that they are basically clueless to testify about. Check

Well then, who needs God? In fact, many of these people are so self absorbed and narsassistic they can't even maintain a decent marriage let alone a relationship with the Almighty. They simply can't be bothered.

Then to appease their materialistic guilt they sponsor the effort of government to redistribute their wealth thinking that the government can perhaps help force them to do what they are unwilling and/or unable to birng themself to doing but know they should be doing via their own free will.

THen again, its just a guess!! πŸ˜›
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Oct '11 04:13
    Originally posted by whodey

These "stars" have people telling them how great they are because of their worldly success, so much so that they are even invited by Congress to give testimonies about certain issues that they are basically clueless to testify about. Check

Well then, who needs God? In fact, many of these p ...[text shortened]... know they should be doing via their own free will.

Don't lump all the "stars" together. There are some good "stars" too.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Oct '11 04:19
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Don't lump all the "stars" together. There are some good "stars" too.
    Like?
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Oct '11 04:24
    Hollywood is composed of more than just 20 actors. There are scant few Conservative believers and most don't go public with it for fear of losing their jobs.

Anyway, I was just wanting to create a Stars thread since we already had Sun and Moon threads.
    πŸ˜€

Yes, well it's nice to create a thread, but it's good to have a valid point too.
    I do think there is a valid point there somewhere. P'haps I am not reading you properly or perhaps you are not explaining yourself clearly enough. Either way, I dont see how you can make such a "blanket" statement like that . P'haps it's because you're american and have a more direct view of the crap that goes on over there, whereas we just have the tv πŸ˜›
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Oct '11 04:27

Well then, who needs God? In fact, many of these p ...[text shortened]... know they should be doing via their own free will.

What about the scientologists then? They claim to know god. I am generally more alligned with a mundane christian "god" than the scientologists one, but then again you both sound nuts to some degree.

Let sanity and common sense prevail
    ..and I am not looking toward Hollywood for that to happenπŸ™‚
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Oct '11 04:441 edit
    Like?
    The ones that come to mind right now is Kirk Cameron, Ben Vereen,
    and Angelina Jolie as actors and actresses. And I have seen football
    star Deion Sanders giving testimony of his faith in God on Christian
    Television.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Oct '11 05:36

Why include "Conservatism" in your OP?
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Oct '11 06:38
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Why include "Conservatism" in your OP?
    Most liberals are opposed to the ideas of conservatism.
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Oct '11 06:591 edit
    esecially me, where here in australia, our right wingers (Conservatives, strangely called the "liberal party" (?)) , are like the left wing democrats in your country.
    Well this was true about ten years ago, I'm not up to date with politics enough to make a coherent comment of the current state of affairs, but I suspect not much has changed.
    So your "Conservatives" over there are like our ultra-right wing party like the "National Party".Very backward,imo. Oh and, πŸ˜›
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    10 Oct '11 07:15
    πŸ™„
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Oct '11 15:15
    As we can see, the terms liberal and conservatism are worthless. in fact, they called "W" a conservative. Why? What exactly was conservative about him?

What we should distinguish is what party they blindly have an allegence to. In addition, are they a statist who seeks to empower government for every problem that arises? They all ar statists to some degree I suppose.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Oct '11 17:42
    Is that why they are...liberals and not...conservatives, do you think?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree