1. Joined
    20 May '10
    Moves
    15 Feb '12 00:10
    Almost a week has past and I am still waiting for all those people who come to this forum and talk about religion to give me examples of the difference between true religion and false religion.

The answers you give if they are correct will remove your name from the dishonest list, because no person can come to this forum and speak of religion without knowing the correct difference between true and false religion.

Dasa said almost everyone is dishonest in this forum and he means that they do not know what they are talking about when it comes to religion so here is your chance to clear your name.

You should all know the difference between true and false religion, because everyone has so much to say about religion.

I will wait another few days for someone to come forward and show that they actually know what they are talking about.

Between 5 and 7 examples please of true and false religion.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Feb '12 00:13
    Originally posted by poker87
    Almost a week has past and I am still waiting for all those people who come to this forum and talk about religion to give me examples of the difference between true religion and false religion.

The answers you give if they are correct will remove your name from the dishonest list, because no person can come to this forum and speak of religion without know ...[text shortened]... know what they are talking about.

Dasa used to use the word "dishonest" incorrectly, poker87.
  3. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    15 Feb '12 00:14

The answers you give if they are correct will remove your name from the dishonest list, because no person can come to this forum and speak of religion without know ...[text shortened]... know what they are talking about.

No one has replied because quite frankly no one cares what you have to say. You're associated with the biggest nut-job ever to frequent this forum, we've read this crap over and over again for the last two years.
  4. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    15 Feb '12 00:195 edits

true religion has 2 'r's in it false religion only has 1
    true religion doesn't have any 'f's in it, false religion has 1
    true religion doesn't have any 'a's in it, false religion has 1
    false religion has 2 'l's in it, true religion only has 1
    true religion doesn't have any 's's in it, false religion has 1
    false religion doesn't have any 't''s in it true religion has 1
    false religion doesn't have any 'u''s in it true religion has 1
    The scrabble score of false religion is more than the scrabble score of true religion
    false religion has more tall letters than true religion
    false religion. has a full-stop (period) in it, true religion doesn't
    false religion has one more non-curly letter than true religion
    the 't' in true religion has had it's '-' part moved downwards, then reflected and rotated 180º to look like the 'f' in false religion
    true religion starts with a "tr" sound, false religion starts with a "f" sound
    the 'a' and 'e's in false religion can each be rotated to look like the other, no such pairing with true religion.
    False religion has more skinny letters than true religion
    the only word that rhymes with false in false religion is waltz, whilst for true in true religion we have do, blue, glue, crew, and many more!

Hope this helps 🙂
  5. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    15 Feb '12 00:21

false religion believes it has all the answers.
    true religion always seeks answers.
  6. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    15 Feb '12 00:43

Is a serious discussion of interest?

At the following link, it is suggested that a true religion must satisfactorily answer these questions:

Why is God hidden? Why is man in misery? How can man know God?

http://www.answering-islam.org/Authors/Roark/true_religion.htm

I am only suggesting that it be considered: Is it a good criterion of true religion, that it provides satisfactory answers to certain essential questions? (Whether we want the answers to be what they are, might or might not be a criterion of 'satisfactory.'😉

If we buy this approach, what questions should true religion satisfactorily answer?

Gauguin teasingly titled a painting "Where Do We Come From? What Are We? Where Are We Going?"

http://www.artchive.com/artchive/G/gauguin/where.jpg.html

Are these the essential questions?

From the link:

"On the right (Where do we come from?), we see the baby, and three young women - those who are closest to that eternal mystery. In the center, Gauguin meditates on what we are. Here are two women, talking about destiny (or so he described them), a man looking puzzled and half-aggressive, and in the middle, a youth plucking the fruit of experience. This has nothing to do, I feel sure, with the Garden of Eden; it is humanity's innocent and natural desire to live and to search for more life. A child eats the fruit, overlooked by the remote presence of an idol - emblem of our need for the spiritual. There are women (one mysteriously curled up into a shell), and there are animals with whom we share the world: a goat, a cat, and kittens. In the final section (Where are we going?), a beautiful young woman broods, and an old woman prepares to die. Her pallor and gray hair tell us so, but the message is underscored by the presence of a strange white bird. I once described it as "a mutated puffin," and I do not think I can do better. It is Gauguin's symbol of the afterlife, of the unknown (just as the dog, on the far right, is his symbol of himself)."

End of quote.

Is a criterion of true religion, that it never fail to provide essential truth for how to live our life?

Is the essential question merely "Why?"

Does a true religion ever deliver fully satisfactory answers while we are here? Or does it always leave us with more exploration to do?
  7. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    15 Feb '12 01:28
    Originally posted by JS357

At the following link, it is suggested that a true religion must satisfactorily answer these questions:

I am only suggesting that it be considered: Is it a good criterion of true religion, ...[text shortened]... her we want the answers to be what they are, might or might not be a criterion of 'satisfactory.'😉
    it is not a good standard of measure for religion. it makes two false assumptions: that a religion must have a god and that god must be singular.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Feb '12 02:03

I am only suggesting that it be considered: Is it a good criterion of true religio ...[text shortened]... y answers while we are here? Or does it always leave us with more exploration to do?
    In my experience, "religion" is not so much concerned with 'seeking' answers as with laying out a set of 'answers' [by which I mean a configuration of 'explanations', 'instructions' and 'outcomes'] that has been agreed upon by a group of people. Consequently, "religion" can just as easily foster spiritual curiosity as it can extinguish it.
  9. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    15 Feb '12 17:14
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    it is not a good standard of measure for religion. it makes two false assumptions: that a religion must have a god and that god must be singular.
    I think your objection springs more from the traditional image of religion, than on the issue of true religion. Any such assumptions should be challenged.

I like the Wikipedia definition of religion: "Religion is a collection of cultural systems, belief systems, and worldviews that establishes symbols that relate humanity to spirituality and, sometimes, to moral values."

One symbol, perhaps a central one, is "God," or it bundles a number of symbols.

Obviously those questions that I quoted reflect a Western mindset. But I don't think those questions like "Why is God hidden" need be taken to presume the Western ideas. A true religion must deal with the supposed person-hood of God, not presuppose it.
  10. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    15 Feb '12 17:35
    I think your objection springs more from the traditional image of religion, than on the issue of true religion. Any such assumptions should be challenged.

I like the Wikipedia definition of religion: "Religion is a collection of cultural systems, belief systems, and worldviews that establishes symbols that relate humanity to spirituality and, sometimes, to ...[text shortened]... ideas. A true religion must deal with the supposed person-hood of God, not presuppose it.
    Yes. (Although I don’t see you and VoidSpirit as being in any essential disagreement here, if I read both of you rightly.) I do not see either supernaturalism or theism (let alone monotheism) as definitional criteria for the term “religion”—nor does theism necessarily entail supernaturalism (e.g., the Stoics, some Sufis, perhaps St. Gregory of Nyssa, all seem to use theos, or the equivalent terms, as something like “ultimate nature” or “essential nature”, rather than “supernature” ).

The Wiki definition seems fine to me—but raises the seemingly gnarly knot of defining “spirituality”. As a non-dualist, I would use the term to refer to something like the “ineffable Real”—by which I mean the reality that is prior to all our words, beliefs, conceptualizations about it [i.e., “religion”?], while at the same time (recursively, or reflexively) including us with all those conceptualizing activities.
  11. Joined
    20 May '10
    Moves
    15 Feb '12 17:35
    false religion believes it has all the answers.
    true religion always seeks answers.
    That is completely false and back the front.

True religion does not seek answers at all because true religion already has all the answers, and that's what makes it true religion.

It is false religion that seeks to find answers because false religion has no answers and has no knowledge.

Take the big three false religions on this earth. Islam Christianity Judaism, they have no knowledge of reincarnation, the soul, the super soul, the spiritual world, the Supreme Personality of Godhead or birth and death or the process of raising the consciousness to love of God or anything at all, because they have all been fabricated by meat eaters and intoxicators and womenizers and speculators from the superstitious dark ages.

Your 1 example for an answer is not correct. [please submit your 7 answers again]
  12. Joined
    20 May '10
    Moves
    15 Feb '12 17:44
    Please everyone [if you know the truth of religion you will all know what the definition of religion is and anything else concerning religion so stop arguing.]

the question is simple

give 7 examples of true religion verses false religion.

I will give you all a hint [ Dasa has described true religion verses false religion many times in this forum.] but forget Dasa if you like and give 7 examples that come to your mind since you all know about religion it should be easy.

Ok I will make it 5 examples of true religion verses false religion.
  13. Joined
    20 May '10
    Moves
    15 Feb '12 17:48

I am only suggesting that it be considered: Is it a good criterion of true religio ...[text shortened]... y answers while we are here? Or does it always leave us with more exploration to do?
    I must say you gave this some thought but you have asked more questions than you have answered.

In the end I shall put up the 7 examples for all to see, so don't worry about your questions they will be answered at the end.
  14. Joined
    20 May '10
    Moves
    15 Feb '12 17:52
    Originally posted by FMF
    Dasa used to use the word "dishonest" incorrectly, poker87.
    Please refer to the recent post called dishonesty and you will find what is truly deemed dishonest.

Where are the answers to the question?

You have posted in this forum more than anyone so you must know what you are talking about and be able to answer the question.
  15. Joined
    20 May '10
    Moves
    15 Feb '12 17:56
    Of course religion must have God [for God is the author of true religion] and the purpose.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree