1. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    15 Feb '12 18:00
    Originally posted by poker87
    I must say you gave this some thought but you have asked more questions than you have answered.

In the end I shall put up the 7 examples for all to see, so don't worry about your questions they will be answered at the end.
    Very well. I wrote the following as part of my response on your other thread—

“Your word games are empty. You have not demonstrated that you know how the terms religion, truth and falsehood are used, or even how you are using them—and yet you seem to say that precisely that is a mark of “dishonesty”.”

I will provisionally retract that judgment, assume that it was premature, and hold further comments in abeyance until you have had a chance to offer your answer. Hopefully, you will offer something more than undemonstrated dogmatic claims.
  2. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    15 Feb '12 19:04
    I must say you gave this some thought but you have asked more questions than you have answered.

In the end I shall put up the 7 examples for all to see, so don't worry about your questions they will be answered at the end.
    I am coming to the conclusion that formulating the right questions is lifelong. I have precisely enough time.

I am not at the stage where "What is, or are, example(s) of true religion?" is one of these questions, so what you are promising is unnecessary. I am, however, curious. My analytical mind will of course look for commonalities. Should I let it?

It seems to me that the most promising approach is to invent true religion, rather than find it already invented. It is a do-it-yourself project, not an off-the-shelf purchase. It should be the case that the true religions we each invent will have their essentials in common, to the extent that we have our essentials in common. But this fact does not mean we should accept popularity with the crowd, or with any supposed guru, as evidence of truth.
  3. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    15 Feb '12 19:061 edit
    Ahat is GodOriginally posted by poker87
    Of course religion must have God [for God is the author of true religion] and the purpose.
    "What is God?" should be as implicit as the need to understand any of the terms involved.
  4. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    15 Feb '12 20:142 edits
    Please everyone [if you know the truth of religion you will all know what the definition of religion is and anything else concerning religion so stop arguing.]

the question is simple

give 7 examples of true religion verses false religion.

I will give you all a hint [ Dasa has described true religion verses false religion many times in this forum.] ...[text shortened]... igion it should be easy.

Ok I will make it 5 examples of true religion verses false religion.
    I will give you all a hint [ Dasa has described... ] ...
    Let me correct that for you:

I will give you all a hint [ I have described... ] ...

Hope this helps 🙂
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Feb '12 20:17
    Almost a week has past and I am still waiting for all those people who come to this forum and talk about religion to give me examples of the difference between true religion and false religion.

The answers you give if they are correct will remove your name from the dishonest list, because no person can come to this forum and speak of religion without know ...[text shortened]... know what they are talking about.

Between 5 and 7 examples please of true and false religion.
    Everybody knows it so I'll say it - you are dasa.

You are a dishonest joke.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Feb '12 20:18
    Originally posted by Agerg
    [b]I will give you all a hint [ Dasa has described... ] ...
    Let me correct that for you:

I will give you all a hint [ I have described... ] ...

Hope this helps 🙂[/b]
    Beat me to it.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Feb '12 22:35
    Originally posted by JS357
    Is a serious discussion of interest?

At the following link, it is suggested that a true religion must satisfactorily answer these questions:

Why is God hidden? Why is man in misery? How can man know God?

http://www.answering-islam.org/Authors/Roark/true_religion.htm

I am only suggesting that it be considered: Is it a good criterion of true religio ...[text shortened]... y answers while we are here? Or does it always leave us with more exploration to do?
    I think true religion ,ie true for you(whether you can put it into any words or not is of no consequence), can be answered satisfactorily but we must alter the meanings ontologically of the spiritual things we talk about. We must overcome this endless cessation of questions with understanding, and this understanding must be borne of the Spirit.
    The rest is neither here nor there. Your own understanding of your own unique yet similar nature is what is required.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Feb '12 22:38
    Originally posted by FMF
    In my experience, "religion" is not so much concerned with 'seeking' answers as with laying out a set of 'answers' [by which I mean a configuration of 'explanations', 'instructions' and 'outcomes'] that has been agreed upon by a group of people. Consequently, "religion" can just as easily foster spiritual curiosity as it can extinguish it.
    So too in my experience, however I have also come across a meaning of "religion" that is unique to the individual. It is to this latter meaning that I refer to when I say "religion", not to the dead, group idea(l).
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Feb '12 22:48
    Originally posted by JS357
    I am coming to the conclusion that formulating the right questions is lifelong. I have precisely enough time.

I am not at the stage where "What is, or are, example(s) of true religion?" is one of these questions, so what you are promising is unnecessary. I am, however, curious. My analytical mind will of course look for commonalities. Should I let it?

I ...[text shortened]... n we should accept popularity with the crowd, or with any supposed guru, as evidence of truth.
    Agreed and thumbed up, but I do believe you may find a "true guru" for you. Maybe you dont need one.
    I accidently found one without looking. Spent six intense weeks with him only to have him dissapear for the last 7 years.

Of course I accepted him as a guru because he accepted my take on spirituality and my path thus far. He took lemons and tried to make lemonade. He DID NOT try to tell me how it was. Well hardly ever 🙂

(Actually it was his first time playing a "guru" role, so it was new and fresh for both of us)
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Feb '12 00:09
    Where are the answers to the question?
    On the "False Religion" thread that this "Still Waiting" thread is referring to.
  11. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    16 Feb '12 00:38
    Please refer to the recent post called dishonesty and you will find what is truly deemed dishonest.

You have posted in this forum more than anyone so you must know what you are talking about and be able to answer the question.

Where are yours? You said you'd post them in a couple of days. That's two. It's been three.

Is that dishonest?
  12. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    16 Feb '12 01:28
    Originally posted by FMF
    On the "False Religion" thread that this "Still Waiting" thread is referring to.
    it looks like he's not taking up the answers on this thread either.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Feb '12 02:08
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    it looks like he's not taking up the answers on this thread either.
    I think, like Poker37 said, he is going to sound like Dasa. He is even going to try and present posts like Dasa because he likes his style of posting because he thinks Dasa is straight to the point and makes lists of everything which is good to learn from which Poker37 will also do from now on and he is going to separate his comments into sections just like Dasa.
  14. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    16 Feb '12 06:26
    Originally posted by FMF
    I think, like Poker37 said, he is going to sound like Dasa. He is even going to try and present posts like Dasa because he likes his style of posting because he thinks Dasa is straight to the point and makes lists of everything which is good to learn from which Poker37 will also do from now on and he is going to separate his comments into sections just like Dasa.
    yes. he will become dasa in all but name. isn't that interesting.
  15. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    16 Feb '12 08:19
    Almost a week has past and I am still waiting for all those people who come to this forum and talk about religion to give me examples of the difference between true religion and false religion.

The answers you give if they are correct will remove your name from the dishonest list, because no person can come to this forum and speak of religion without know ...[text shortened]... know what they are talking about.

Between 5 and 7 examples please of true and false religion.
    You are a fraud and a charlatan.

Save the bile you spew out for somewhere else more suitable like a a bottomless crevass.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree