1. Maryland
    Moves
    28 Mar '10 13:52
    I have little confidence in any enterprise or business investment that promises dividends only after the death of the stockholders. Robert Ingersoll
  2. Maryland
    Moves
    01 Apr '10 16:48
    Originally posted by 667joe
    I have little confidence in any enterprise or business investment that promises dividends only after the death of the stockholders. Robert Ingersoll
    Ingersoll also said Baptism is useful if you use soap!
  3. Joined
    17 Mar '08
    Moves
    01 Apr '10 20:22
    Originally posted by 667joe
    Perhaps but do you know many business investments that promise you 72 virgins ?
    If i had to believe, i would definitely choose islam.
  4. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    01 Apr '10 21:30
    Originally posted by shorbock
    Perhaps but do you know many business investments that promise you 72 virgins ?
    If i had to believe, i would definitely choose islam.
    If I started a religion that promised 73 virgins, would you join?
  5. Joined
    17 Mar '08
    Moves
    01 Apr '10 22:56
    Originally posted by rwingett
    If I started a religion that promised 73 virgins, would you join?
    Trying to raise the stakes ?
    Well i might have been interested (even though quantity is not all, what quality of virgins can you guarantee?)...but i've been thinking about it and this Ingersoll has a point.
    That's why i'm now considering recognizing jesus christ as my personal savior.
    Yes, time have changed since ingersoll, and now some christians have realized they need to offer some much more tangible and immediate dividend than some hypothetical "salvation" in order to gather more clients :

http://alturl.com/2xeq
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    02 Apr '10 06:20
    Originally posted by shorbock
    Well i might have been interested (even though quantity is not all, what quality of virgins can you guarantee?)
    Don't forget to read the fine print and make sure they are virgins of the opposite sex.
  7. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    06 Apr '10 13:11
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Don't forget to read the fine print and make sure they are virgins of the opposite sex.
    there was a comedian that said he would rather have 72 highly skilled hookers. you don't need the kind of aggravation 72 virgins get you.
  8. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    06 Apr '10 17:06
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    there was a comedian that said he would rather have 72 highly skilled hookers. you don't need the kind of aggravation 72 virgins get you.
    It's not like you have to worry about AIDS in heaven or anything. I mean, you're already dead.
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Apr '10 18:09
    Exactly. One has to wonder if they are not under age, why are they still virgins?

One also wonders what they did wrong in their lives and whether their situation constitutes slavery in heaven.
  10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    07 Apr '10 09:11
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Exactly. One has to wonder if they are not under age, why are they still virgins?

One also wonders what they did wrong in their lives and whether their situation constitutes slavery in heaven.
    that is a very good point. basically says that the most a woman can aspire in heaven is to be in a sex team. doesn't tell from my knowledge of an extraordinary reward for exceptional muslim women.

also i would like to add another issue to the virgin clause. you get 72 virgins. but once you sleep with each once, they are not virgins anymore. when you look at an eternity, them being virgins is totally useless. (not that it wasn't useless anyway)
  11. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    16 Apr '10 03:44
    that is a very good point. basically says that the most a woman can aspire in heaven is to be in a sex team. doesn't tell from my knowledge of an extraordinary reward for exceptional muslim women.

also i would like to add another issue to the virgin clause. you get 72 virgins. but once you sleep with each once, they are not virgins anymore. when you look at an eternity, them being virgins is totally useless. (not that it wasn't useless anyway)
    Their hymens regenerate each night.
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    16 Apr '10 04:53
    I dont think there is good reason to assume that all women end up in the groups of virgins. If anything, those women who are no longer virgins clearly will not (unless there is some clever cheating going on as suggested by ATY).

Well maybe there is no sex in heaven. Or is it really hell in disguise?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree