1. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    19 May '10 19:531 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Yes , my responses can ofetn be teenage-like. But that does not change the fact fact that you cannot answer a question directly.
    Anyway given what the "adults " have done to this planet and each other, I'm not so sure I want to grow up.
    You think you,(or any other christian theists), could answer my last question, (the one about christian finding som ...[text shortened]... ologize, but I really dont get it.
    You could start with a simple "yes" or "no" . MMMkay?
    ==================================
    So far all I've gotten is "it's in the bible"-type explanation. Is there nothing else which a christian can pin their hat on?
    ===============================

The slang of this question leaves me a little puzzled as to what you mean.
  2. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    19 May '10 20:01
    Originally posted by jaywill
    [b]==================================
    So far all I've gotten is "it's in the bible"-type explanation. Is there nothing else which a christian can pin their hat on?
    ===============================

The slang of this question leaves me a little puzzled as to what you mean.[/b]
    Meaning, I assume, that for your every assertion, you justify them merely by refering to your Bible as though this represents a cast iron defence of your position.

Thinking along similar lines someone else could justify their conflicting claims by referring to the Koran, this defence on their part would also be cast iron.

We would conclude then, that if this style of argument is valid, we have at least two mutually exclusive belief sets can both be shown to be true (even though the truth of one imples the falsehood of the other).
  3. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    20 May '10 21:08
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Meaning, I assume, that for your every assertion, you justify them merely by refering to your Bible as though this represents a cast iron defence of your position.

Thinking along similar lines someone else could justify their conflicting claims by referring to the Koran, this defence on their part would also be cast iron.

We would conclude then, that if ...[text shortened]... s can both be shown to be true (even though the truth of one imples the falsehood of the other).
    =========================================

We would conclude then, that if this style of argument is valid, we have at least two mutually exclusive belief sets can both be shown to be true (even though the truth of one imples the falsehood of the other).
    =====================================

I see.

I tend to lead people along the same path that I myself came. When I was a young college man I use to argue with my Christian friend. We would debate and debate and so much of what he said I simply did not get.

One day we were arguing again and he said this

"Jay, I don't know how many times I have to tell you. In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God. And the Word was God. Jesus Christ is the living Word of God."

Now I don't remember one thing else about that convesation. I only remember that moment when it seemed that something other than Randy was speaking to me.

For this reason, right or wrong, I always include a Bible passage in my talks with people. I have a feeling that years from now they will not remember the details of our discussion. They may remember when the word of God was spoken to thier heart.

I think it is God's mercy that a person believes the Bible. When I talk to all you smart guys, I sometimes say to myself "Its amazing that I actually do believe this stuff."

Concerning Koran, go ask a Moslem.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree