1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    08 May '10 14:06
    I beg God to stop hiding from us poor saps down here on earth. We have nothing to go on as to the who, and what He is. The Bible is wacky, and so is every other religious book on the market. Why make it a mystery ? Open up, and show your self to the world. I'm sick of all the fighting over things that no one knows anything about. Give us some real proof of your existence. Forget the books. We need tangible proof. We are lost and in the dark as to all spiritual matters. No one knows anything about anything. Shed some light on the subject by showing yourself. Please.
  2. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    08 May '10 14:09
    Originally posted by buckky
    I beg God to stop hiding from us poor saps down here on earth. We have nothing to go on as to the who, and what He is. The Bible is wacky, and so is every other religious book on the market. Why make it a mystery ? Open up, and show your self to the world. I'm sick of all the fighting over things that no one knows anything about. Give us some real proof of yo ...[text shortened]... one knows anything about anything. Shed some light on the subject by showing yourself. Please.
    That's a good first step. Be careful what you ask for, though: you just might get it.
  3. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    08 May '10 15:07
    I beg God to stop hiding from us poor saps down here on earth. We have nothing to go on as to the who, and what He is. The Bible is wacky, and so is every other religious book on the market. Why make it a mystery ? Open up, and show your self to the world. I'm sick of all the fighting over things that no one knows anything about. Give us some real proof of yo ...[text shortened]... one knows anything about anything. Shed some light on the subject by showing yourself. Please.
    Everything you need is inside you dude, you just need to stop and listen.
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    08 May '10 15:20
    Same thing with Santa. Why doesn't he give children presents the year around? Why does he only make children happy one day in the year?

Hey Santa! Show yourself to us in a regular basis! Don't give the children the reason to doubt in you!
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 May '10 23:41
    You are like a man who calls for rain while standing in a deluge.

If you cant percieve "God" , it is because you are looking in the wrong ball park.

Start with a premise. Like "You/I am God" . Where does the logical conclusion of such a premise lead us? I would venture to answer: some strange places.
  6. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    09 May '10 00:24
    Originally posted by karoly aczel

If you cant percieve "God" , it is because you are looking in the wrong ball park.

Start with a premise. Like "You/I am God" . Where does the logical conclusion of such a premise lead us? I would venture to answer: some strange places.
    I agree with you. The longer I live the more I feel God must be everything. I only pose such questions out of frustration with the Christian concept of God. That concept is a source bewilderment.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    09 May '10 02:18
    I agree with you. The longer I live the more I feel God must be everything. I only pose such questions out of frustration with the Christian concept of God. That concept is a source bewilderment.
    Oh I see.
    Yes ,I should've known you were refferring to a Christian God.

What I find strange is that there is no guarantee in Christianity that we will see God. Perhaps Jesus will come back.

I'm afraid the God in the clouds/bearded old white man/creation separate from the created will not show up. He would not be God (by any liberal interpretation).
  8. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    11 May '10 13:29
    =====================================
    Open up, and show your self to the world. I'm sick of all the fighting over things that no one knows anything about. Give us some real proof of your existence. Forget the books. We need tangible proof. We are lost and in the dark as to all spiritual matters. No one knows anything about anything. Shed some light on the subject by showing yourself. Please.
    =============================================

This passage became very meaningful to me in this regard:

No, Jehovah's hand is not so short that it cannot save; Nor is His ear so heavy that it cannot hear.

But your iniquities have become a separation between you and your God, And your sins have hidden His face from you so that Je does not hear." (Isaiah 59:1,2)

By God's mercy it dawned upon me one night that what made God not real to me was my sins. The sins I had built up over many years acted like a insulation to cut off the flow of God to my heart.

If you cover a window with smoky black soot, eventually no light will be able to shine through that window. The room will be dark. The soot must be cleansed away for the light to shine in.

The sins of a man are what make God untouchable and unreal to him. What he did, thinking no one knew, what he said, thinking no one would account for it, these iniquities blackened his conscience and he cannot detect God inwardly.

Enough of that. What is the remedy ? Agree with the word of God. Confess your sins. You do not have to confess every sin you ever commited. You just get started confessing to God some that you obviously know about.

In essence you say "Dear God, I now agree with you. THAT was a sin. I was wrong and I confess that I sinned against you."

You do not have to beg or plead.
    You do not have to grovel on the floor.
    God is not interested in your gloveling all over the floor.

Stand up like a man but humble yourself as a sinner. You just AGREE with God that you did sin. Better still, begin to thank God that Jesus the Son of God died for your sins, everyone of them. Thank Him by faith.

FACT first,
    FAITH follows
    FEELING COMES last not first. And feeling may not come right away.

I tell you. God has made provision to REMOVE the obstacle. The obstacle that makes God not real to you is your sins.

If you don't believe you have sinned, read the gospels about Jesus. Stand in His light. Stand next to Him until you realize that you have sinned.

Then agree with God and confess.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 May '10 09:43
    Originally posted by jaywill
    [b]=====================================
    Open up, and show your self to the world. I'm sick of all the fighting over things that no one knows anything about. Give us some real proof of your existence. Forget the books. We need tangible proof. We are lost and in the dark as to all spiritual matters. No one knows anything about anything. Shed some light on t ...[text shortened]... next to Him until you realize that you have sinned.

Then agree with God and confess.
    So what if I told you that the flow to God was not cut off from my heart, that I do not feel the need to "accept" Jesus? Would I be deluding myself?

"Agreeing with the word of God" means what? Agreeing with the popular interpretation of what God's word-in-the-bible is? Because last time God talked to me there was no mention of anything directly from the bible.

Again, does that make me deluded?

Remember that in the past when people talked in tounges they were judged (by the priests of the time) to be either possessed by angels or possessed by the Devil. There seemed to be no criteria to determine whether it was angels or the Devil. Only what the clergy decided at the time.
    Still seems the same to me. There is still nothing definative that indicates where you are coming from.
    For example someone could say a lot of beautiful , thought provoking statements which could be construed as the decietful lies of Satan.

Feeling comes last? You mean the feeling for God? (?) - (Surely you are not talking about the feeling to my penis or other extremities, because there was definatley no "FACT" or "FAITH" that before those feelings.)

This is just a start to my many problems with yours and others take on christianity.

How do you christians account for quantum? (where the observer cannot be removed from what is observed, for starters.)

So far all I've gotten is "it's in the bible"-type explanation. Is there nothing else which a christian can pin their hat on?
  10. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    17 May '10 19:281 edit
    So what if I told you that the flow to God was not cut off from my heart, that I do not feel the need to "accept" Jesus? Would I be deluding myself?

"Agreeing with the word of God" means what? Agreeing with the popular interpretation of what God's word-in-the-bible is? Because last time God talked to me there was no mention of anything directly from le"-type explanation. Is there nothing else which a christian can pin their hat on?
    ==================================
    ===================================

I don't know. But God knows. My approval is not important. This is a matter you must settle with God.

And the blood of Jesus Christ God's sin cleanses us from all sin. Because that cleansing redemption we can have fellowship with the Divine Person.

"Agreeing with the word of God" means what? Agreeing with the popular interpretation of what God's word-in-the-bible is? Because last time God talked to me there was no mention of anything directly from the bible.
    ========================================

Agreeing with God about your sins. I do not mean agreeing with God on every arbitrary little detail of the measurements of the temple.

That I have sinned and falllen short of the glory of God. I agree with His word that it is so.

Do not pout and jeer. Would you like your personal life to be YouTube on this screen for people all over the world to see ? Probably not. That is because like me, you too have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.

We're sinners.

==========================
    Again, does that make me deluded?
    ===============================

Its possible. Again. My evaluation is not important. This is a matter you have to clear up with God.

The blood of Jesus Christ cleanses us from all sins and we can come boldly forward to commune with the Heavenly Father through the blood of Jesus. That is what the Bible says.

====================================
    Remember that in the past when people talked in tounges they were judged (by the priests of the time) to be either possessed by angels or possessed by the Devil. There seemed to be no criteria to determine whether it was angels or the Devil. Only what the clergy decided at the time.
    Still seems the same to me. There is still nothing definative that indicates where you are coming from.
    For example someone could say a lot of beautiful , thought provoking statements which could be construed as the decietful lies of Satan.

Feeling comes last? You mean the feeling for God? (?) - (Surely you are not talking about the feeling to my penis or other extremities, because there was definatley no "FACT" or "FAITH" that before those feelings.)

This is just a start to my many problems with yours and others take on christianity.

How do you christians account for quantum? (where the observer cannot be removed from what is observed, for starters.)

So far all I've gotten is "it's in the bible"-type explanation. Is there nothing else which a christian can pin their hat on?

=====================================

I do not let religious people get on my nerves to the point that I do not open the Bible for myself and prayerfully digest what it speaks to me.

I have confidence in the Holy Spirit that if you come unloaded of your baggage the speaking Spirit will speak to you expressly.

Sometimes I pray "Lord, in the name of Jesus Christ, I forgive all religious people their offenses against me. Speak to my case, Oh Lord."
  11. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    17 May '10 19:59

It leads to the word "God" becoming useless and redundant.
  12. Joined
    01 Feb '06
    Moves
    19 May '10 06:56
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    Everything you need is inside you dude, you just need to stop and listen.
    indeed. the muslims have listened and praise allah.
    the indians have listened and praise vishnu.

why do they hear different things?
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    19 May '10 08:34
    Originally posted by PawnChop

Same God , different manifestation?
    (I'm not necessarily saying I agree with this, just seeing where this line of enquiry goes)
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    19 May '10 08:41
    Originally posted by jaywill
    [b]==================================

I don't know. But God knows. My approval is not important. This is a matter you must settle with God.

And the blo ...[text shortened]... l religious people their offenses against me. Speak to my case, Oh Lord." [/b][/b]
    Yes , my responses can ofetn be teenage-like. But that does not change the fact fact that you cannot answer a question directly.
    Anyway given what the "adults " have done to this planet and each other, I'm not so sure I want to grow up.
    You think you,(or any other christian theists), could answer my last question, (the one about christian finding something else to pin their hat on), at all?
    If you did , I apologize, but I really dont get it.
    You could start with a simple "yes" or "no" . MMMkay?
  15. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    19 May '10 17:01
    Originally posted by PawnChop

Maybe it's easy to hear something, but difficult to hear with clarity. Maybe what people hear is interpreted and distorted through their cultural and experiential baggage.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree