1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Apr '12 22:351 edit
    Stupid law and stupid leaders.

"The Commonwealth shall not make any law for establishing any religion , or for imposing any religious observance, or for prohibiting the free exercise of any religion , and no religious test shall be required as a qualification for any office or public trust under the Commonwealth."

This law is the most destructive law ever created by ignorant people.

This law is the green light for any person to create any religion out of their imagination and no one can do anything about it.

Its an absolute joke and an monumental disaster creating a law about religion saying there is no law about religion.

Any fabricated false religion can gather members of any age and collect any amount of money and teach any ridiculous or absurd doctrine they like .........as long as they say the word God every so often.

The leaders of our world are thoroughly ignorant when it comes to spiritual and religious matters -- so they could only come up with a law to allow religion to be un-lawed.

The foundation of religion MUST be centred in truth........and with main stream religions such as Islam Christianity and Judaism taking centre stage and presenting everything but the truth - we have a world wide disaster created by our ignorant leaders.

Instead the law should state that............

" The Commonwealth will not allow any religion to operate that does not have its roots in the eternal truths of the one true eternal religion, and shall not impose any restrictions to the expression of these truths accept that they shall only be interpreted for the benefit of the community by qualified pure and enlightened men, and in which case these characteristics are described and characterized in those eternal teachings."

This new constitutional law was thought up in a few seconds and may be tweaked, but it is much closer to being reasonable and sane.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Apr '12 22:58
    Originally posted by Dasa

"The Commonwealth shall not make any law for establishing any religion , or for imposing any religious observance, or for prohibiting the free exercise of any religion , and no religious test shall be required as a qualification for any office or public trust under the Commonwealth."

This law is the most destructive law ev ...[text shortened]... up in a few seconds and may be tweaked, but it is much closer to being reasonable and sane.
    Doh! Why didn't I see that before?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Apr '12 23:57
    " The Commonwealth will not allow any religion to operate that does not have its roots in the eternal truths of the one true eternal religion, and shall not impose any restrictions to the expression of these truths accept that they shall only be interpreted for the benefit of the community by qualified pure and enlightened men, and in which case these characteristics are described and characterized in those eternal teachings."
    This would be incompatible with a diverse, democratic and free, multi-faith society
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Apr '12 00:19

This law is the most destructive law ev ...[text shortened]... up in a few seconds and may be tweaked, but it is much closer to being reasonable and sane.
    This would only cause more problems. I quess we will just have to wait until
    Christ returns to set up His government in which He will rule with a rod of iron.
    HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! 😏
  5. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    12 Apr '12 00:25

Sounds Aussie to me. Aboriginal Australian religious practices associated with the Dreamtime have been practised for tens of thousands of years.

ref:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Australia
  6. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    12 Apr '12 00:391 edit
    it's not a law, it's the constitution of australia and only applies to the federal parliament (and loosely at that). the states of australia can still establish ignorant laws concerning religion, so there is still hope for you stone age primitives.

[edit] the US version however is much better but even that doesn't stop the stone age primitives here from testing it to the limits by trying to get it removed or ignored.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Apr '12 01:19
    Originally posted by JS357
    Sounds Aussie to me. Aboriginal Australian religious practices associated with the Dreamtime have been practised for tens of thousands of years.

ref:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Australia
    Australian Aborigines have not existed for tens of thousands of years.
  8. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    12 Apr '12 01:23
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I said "Sounds Aussie to me. Aboriginal Australian religious practices associated with the Dreamtime have been practised for tens of thousands of years. "

I didn't say who practiced it.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Apr '12 01:23
    They are known to have reached the Australian land mass about 45,000 years ago.
  10. SubscriberKewpieonline
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    12 Apr '12 02:111 edit
    .....and with main stream religions such as Islam Christianity and Judaism taking centre stage and presenting everything but the truth - we have a world wide disaster created by our ignorant leaders.

" The Commonwealth will not allow any religion to operate .but it is much closer to being reasonable and sane.
    Am I ever glad that you're not in any position of power in this country.

Our Constitution writers didn't envisage Scientology and happy-clappy evangelism, it's true, but it's done a remarkably good job of keeping the religious gangs from controlling the lives of Australians - apart from those who have willingly joined the gangs, of course.

Your proposal is a total nonsense. There's no such thing as the Easter Bunny, or the tooth fairy, or the unicorn, nor "the one true eternal religion". If there is a god or gods, and I'm not convinced either way, nothing called "religion" has any connection with him/them. Religions were established by humans, mostly male, with a view to gaining power over other humans. Nothing has changed in a squillion years.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Apr '12 02:23
    Originally posted by FMF
    They are known to have reached the Australian land mass about 45,000 years ago.
    That is only speculation and opinion. You do understand that opinion is not
    proof of scientific facts don't you?
  12. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    12 Apr '12 02:51

This thread should be renamed Awesome Law.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Apr '12 03:15
    That is only speculation and opinion. You do understand that opinion is not
    proof of scientific facts don't you?
    Yes I am aware of your speculation and opinion. And I am also aware of your sincerity. But these things do not affect the fact that the people we now refer to as the Aborigines reached the Australian land mass about 45,000 years ago.
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    12 Apr '12 05:56
    " The Commonwealth will not allow any religion to operate that does not have its roots in the eternal truths of the one true eternal religion, and shall not impose any restrictions to the expression of these truths accept that they shall only be interpreted for the benefit of the community by qualified pure and enlightened men, and in which case these character ...[text shortened]... ht up in a few seconds and may be tweaked, but it is much closer to being reasonable and sane.
    I think you are going to have to tweak it, because it may turn out that your favourite religion doesn't get picked, and you don't get recognized as a pure and enlightened man. I suggest you add a few names in there to ensure you and your religion get picked.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Apr '12 06:15
    Instead the law should state that............
    " The Commonwealth will not allow any religion to operate that does not have its roots in the eternal truths of the one true eternal religion, and shall not impose any restrictions to the expression of these truths accept that they shall only be interpreted for the benefit of the community by qualified pure and enl ...[text shortened]... which case these characteristics are described and characterized in those eternal teachings."
    Let's suppose this new law which you propose was in fact in place and you were placed in charge of enforcing it.

If I lived in your country and rejected this law by opening practising my own faith which (for example) included eating meat; how would you deal with me and my group of fellow believers?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree