1. Joined
    12 Oct '09
    Moves
    12 Apr '12 10:53
    Originally posted by FMF
    I think it would be more 'life affirming' to see him evolve into a poster who is less sociopathic and more effective, than to see him banned.
    Best of luck with that one
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    12 Apr '12 10:54
    Originally posted by FMF
    I think it would be more 'life affirming' to see him evolve into a poster who is less sociopathic and more effective, than to see him banned.
    he proved he is unable to do that. how many people talked to him in a civilized manner? how many people patiently deconstructed his flawed opinions and clearly proved him wrong?

how many times did dasa actually gave the impression he is having a conversation with anyone on these forums (spirituality, science, and wherever he may post)?

dasa doesn't debate, dasa declares. dasa broadcasts his ideas and accepts no feedback.
    so no, i don't think he can change.

as for "is this op worthy of a ban?". if googlefudge or you or whomever would have posted it, i would say no, just have him issue an apology (or not) and move on. dasa has already posted at least one hateful thread. why tolerate him further? what would be the point?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Apr '12 11:03
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    he proved he is unable to do that. how many people talked to him in a civilized manner? how many people patiently deconstructed his flawed opinions and clearly proved him wrong?

how many times did dasa actually gave the impression he is having a conversation with anyone on these forums (spirituality, science, and wherever he may post)?

dasa doesn't ...[text shortened]... ready posted at least one hateful thread. why tolerate him further? what would be the point?
    You just seem to dislike his persona and disagree with what he says. Nothing in what you say suggests his transgressions and weakness merit a ban.
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    12 Apr '12 11:14
    Originally posted by FMF
    You just seem to dislike his persona and disagree with what he says. Nothing in what you say suggests his transgressions and weakness merit a ban.
    " The Commonwealth will not allow any religion to operate that does not have its roots in the eternal truths of the one true eternal religion, and shall not impose any restrictions to the expression of these truths accept that they shall only be interpreted for the benefit of the community by qualified pure and enlightened men, and in which case these characteristics are described and characterized in those eternal teachings."

he took a liberal law, a law that allows free, sentient beings to live their lives as they see fit, to not be confined to a faith just because someone (dasa) thinks that is the only faith, and turned it into an oppressive law, a law that promises retribution to anyone who doesn't adhere to his faith, a law that might even have repercussions in other fields, not just religion.

and we all know dasa's idea of retribution. you made it quite a point in condemning him (and rightly so) about his lovely thread about islam. so do you think this is a man who can change? or do you think that this is a petty, fanatic little lump of a human, who after getting warned about spewing hate on this forum, posts basically the same stuff, just not with actual "kill them all" words in it. only with subtle "state will not allow a religion other than my own".

but yes, i am sure he means the state to calmly ask any christians, muslims, jews and atheists to please not practice their dishonest ways once this little law gets approved in his fictitious state.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Apr '12 11:23
    he took a liberal law, a law that allows free, sentient beings to live their lives as they see fit, to not be confined to a faith just because someone (dasa) thinks that is the only faith, and turned it into an oppressive law, a law that promises retribution to anyone who doesn't adhere to his faith, a law that might even have repercussions in other fields, ...[text shortened]... practice their dishonest ways once this little law gets approved in his fictitious state.
    Look, sorry, you've sat there and typed heaps. But none of it comes anywhere near a credible argument that Dasa deserves a ban for this OP.
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    12 Apr '12 11:241 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    and this post of yours is wrong.

i don't seem to dislike his persona and disagree with what he says.

i obviously don't like his persona and i obviously disagree with some of the things he says. i don't mind his vedic religion or something, i admit i am ignorant when it comes to it. it has some good ideas, many of which are found in christianity.

what i do mind, and strongly so, is his retarded notion that his path is the only path to growth. that anyone who doesn't share his ideas is dishonest (which oddly is more insulting than many other adjectives).

i believe that each religion (including atheism) is simply a different path to enlightenment, to living a good, happy life. that is why people like dasa or rjhinds the carrobie annoy me. i dislike and disagree with all of them but i only wish dasa gone. he is the only one spewing hate here (well that was until rj spoke so fondly of muslims, but lets not dwell on that).
  7. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    12 Apr '12 11:26
    Originally posted by FMF
    Look, sorry, you've sat there and typed heaps. But none of it comes anywhere near a credible argument that Dasa deserves a ban for this OP.
    if a serial rapist gets paroled(after serving some time of course) and set free and then he gets arrested for "just" an attempted rape, do you believe his past crimes should be taken into account? or just the attempted rape?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Apr '12 11:36
    if a serial rapist gets paroled(after serving some time of course) and set free and then he gets arrested for "just" an attempted rape, do you believe his past crimes should be taken into account? or just the attempted rape?
    A tortured analogy with "serial rape" is not going to convince me that Dasa merits a ban for this OP.
  9. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    12 Apr '12 11:51
    Originally posted by FMF
    A tortured analogy with "serial rape" is not going to convince me that Dasa merits a ban for this OP.
    He merits a ban because he does nothing but spam the same nonsense over and over and
    over and over again while lying and advocating hate, intolerance, and genocide.

He's said everything he's ever going to say and now he's just clogging up the forum.

Let him peddle his hate and intolerance elsewhere.

He called for genocide, that should have been a perma-ban.

He won't change or apologise, so why should we tolerate his intolerance?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Apr '12 11:54
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    He merits a ban because he does nothing but spam the same nonsense over and over and
    over and over again while lying and advocating hate, intolerance, and genocide.

He's said everything he's ever going to say and now he's just clogging up the forum.

Let him peddle his hate and intolerance elsewhere.

He called for genocide, that should have been a perma-ban.

He won't change or apologise, so why should we tolerate his intolerance?
    I think the two week ban for the genocide thread was sufficient.

You seriously want him banned from the site for being who and how he is and for his inflexibility and nonsense?

I do hope you're posting tongue in cheek. Really.
  11. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    12 Apr '12 11:58
    Originally posted by FMF
    I think the two week ban for the genocide thread was sufficient.

You seriously want him banned from the site for being who and how he is and for his inflexibility and nonsense?

I do hope you're posting tongue in cheek. Really.
    nope. totally serious. I don't joke about this kind of stuff.

And yes, I would love for him to be banned for being a twisted bigot who espouses genocide.

And a paltry two week ban for advocating genocide is pathetic.

I question how you can claim that any non-permanent ban is 'sufficient' for advocating GENOCIDE.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Apr '12 12:00
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    This would only cause more problems. I quess we will just have to wait until
    Christ returns to set up His government in which He will rule with a rod of iron.
    HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! 😏
    Don't hold your breath on that one. You will have a very very long wait, say about 10 billion years.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Apr '12 12:02
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    nope. totally serious. I don't joke about this kind of stuff.
    I have misjudged you. I am really quite surprised to hear you are serious. Oh well, whatever floats your boat, I suppose. 😵
  14. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    12 Apr '12 14:231 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    I have misjudged you. I am really quite surprised to hear you are serious. Oh well, whatever floats your boat, I suppose. 😵
    I tolerate a diversity of opinion's and beliefs [note tolerate, not agree with],
    but not intolerance or bigotry.

Advocating genocide is soo way far over the bounds of what is acceptable
    that I can't accept anything short of a total life ban (from a chess site forum ffs)
    is acceptable.

Now on present form I don't see the mods on this site doing that but if I was
    given the choice dasa would be banned already.

He would be the only one I would have perma banned (although RJHinds comes
    close on occasion) but dasa I would ban without hesitation.

Advocating genocide can't be even remotely acceptable ever.

EDIT: I don't know how I ever gave the impression otherwise particularly as I have called
    for dasa to be banned for his calls of genocide (and other hateful things he has said)
    numerous times in the past.

I am prepared to tolerate a lot but if and when you cross the line of what I will tolerate
    it just shows how far you have gone off the rails.
    There are (or should be) limits to free speech.

Dasa crosses those boundaries and does so repeatedly.

And that I can't and wont tolerate.
  15. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    12 Apr '12 14:49
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    That is only speculation and opinion. You do understand that opinion is not
    proof of scientific facts don't you?
    Regarding anything seeming to have happened 40,000+ years ago:

I'm thinking theistic solipsism is at play here -- with the Bible as surrogate for God.

There is RJ, and there is God (manifested by the Bible.) All else is illusion -- or, perhaps, the work of a third party, Satan, also manifested by the Bible.

Just a flight of fancy.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree