1. Meddling with things
    Moves
    09 Dec '05 01:37
    For some odd reason, the US state that teaches intelligent design ranks last in the nation’s science standards

http://www.wibw.com/home/headlines/2071702.htm
  2. Meddling with things
    Moves
    09 Dec '05 01:37
    http://www.kansas.com/mld/eagle/livi...n/13337930.htm

A professor whose planned course on creationism and intelligent design was canceled after he sent e-mails deriding Christian conservatives was hospitalized Monday after what appeared to be a roadside beating....
  3. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    09 Dec '05 02:28
    Originally posted by aardvarkhome
    For some odd reason, the US state that teaches intelligent design ranks last in the nation’s science standards

http://www.wibw.com/home/headlines/2071702.htm
    Okay, I understand the whole creationism / evolution thing here. but starting a thread called 'stupid rednecks in kansas' isn't really a debate - there isn't two side to this, noone can really deny it. More a fact. Perhaps this thread should go in 'general' 😛😀
  4. Meddling with things
    Moves
    09 Dec '05 02:37
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Okay, I understand the whole creationism / evolution thing here. but starting a thread called 'stupid rednecks in kansas' isn't really a debate - there isn't two side to this, noone can really deny it. More a fact. Perhaps this thread should go in 'general' 😛😀
    I would be interested in the comments from some of the conservative fundament ...[text shortened]... proponents would like to rethink their views or to justify them in the light of the reported events.
  5. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    09 Dec '05 02:39
    This isn't the Debates forum. Several months ago, the site instituted a rule that all religious topics must be posted in this forum, and that religious posts made elsewhere would be moderated.
  6. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    09 Dec '05 02:41
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    This isn't the Debates forum. Several months ago, the site instituted a rule that all religious topics must be posted in this forum, and that religious posts made elsewhere would be moderated.
    Yeah yeah, just pointing out that there is really no debate that people from kansas are all stupid rednecks, that's all.
  7. Territories Unknown
    Moves
    09 Dec '05 06:35
    Yeah yeah, just pointing out that there is really no debate that people from kansas are all stupid rednecks, that's all.
    It appears that when one goes for his biology degree, one isn't required to study history. Had history been a subject of interest, the curious student would have been delighted to learn how Kansas isn't really a bunch of rednecks, after all.
    Instead, they are six talented progressive musicians who have produced eight gold albums, three platinum+ albums, and a million-selling single. Hardly the work of stupid rednecks (although one of the band members was reported to enjoy tractor pulls and wearing wife-beaters around the house in front of strangers).
  8. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    09 Dec '05 08:40
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    It appears that when one goes for his biology degree, one isn't required to study history. Had history been a subject of interest, the curious student would have been delighted to learn how Kansas isn't really a bunch of rednecks, after all.
    Instead, they are six talented progressive musicians who have produced eight gold albums, three platinum+ albums ...[text shortened]... eported to enjoy tractor pulls and wearing wife-beaters around the house in front of strangers).
    Two biology degrees actually, if you want to be pedantic. Now were they music degrees I'm sure i'd know all that, but then again...

Anyhoo, everyone's heard of musical retards, no? 😛
  9. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    09 Dec '05 08:42
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Instead, they are six talented progressive musicians who have produced eight gold albums, three platinum+ albums ...[text shortened]... eported to enjoy tractor pulls and wearing wife-beaters around the house in front of strangers).
    Oh, and you're right incidentally, biology, chemistry, environmental science are taught in the first year, biology for the next three, then a PhD of original research. Started at the age of 17 and all finished by the age of 24, so right, not enough time for studying music too. Japanese on the other hand.....
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Dec '05 13:41
    Originally posted by aardvarkhome
    http://www.kansas.com/mld/eagle/livi...n/13337930.htm

A professor whose planned course on creationism and intelligent design was canceled after he sent e-mails deriding Christian conservatives was hospitalized Monday after what appeared to be a roadside beating....
    I didn't see anything when I attempt to look at the link you provided.
    Kelly
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Dec '05 13:43
    There are stupid people (red necks and others) everywhere.
    This is something of knews to you?
    Kelly
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Dec '05 13:45
    You have a low opinion of everyone living in a whole state, you are
    not coloring yourself as very bright to suggest such a thing.
    Kelly
  13. Gangster Land
    Moves
    09 Dec '05 14:15
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Kelly
    There are two things I hate in this world...people who are intollerant of people from other states....and Texans.

😉

TheSkipper
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Dec '05 15:01
    Originally posted by TheSkipper
    There are two things I hate in this world...people who are intollerant of people from other states....and Texans.

😉

TheSkipper
    ROFL
    KJ
  15. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    09 Dec '05 19:42
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Kelly
    Yeah, it was just a joke, although I'm sure you got that already - you're a smart guy!