1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Dec '11 14:223 edits
    I can understand why an atheist can reject the false religions of the world to the likes of Islam, Christianity, Judaism and many others - which all present silly fabrications and and speculations from the minds of unqualified, ignorant, violent, cheating, fabricating, speculating and animal killing persons.

But I cannot understand how any person can reject the "God Principle" in its purest form.

God is the - power/force/energy/creativeness/cause/ and Supreme Will behind all that exist.

That being the existence of .....humans / the species / the planets / the universes / the cosmos / the governing laws / all resources / knowledge / consciousness / emotions / intelligence / mind / ego and everything else seen and unseen to infinity.

This power (God) has Personality because this Power being the cause of all causes must have Personality and qualities if Personality and qualities exist in us all.

It astounds me that most atheists have science backgrounds and are pursuing Phd,s or have Phd,s ......and that they then whimsically conclude all things are a product of random chance events giving rise to everything in existence and it all came about by the Bib-Bang. - without intelligence / cause / plan / purpose or design.

This belief is the most dishonest and foolish teaching to come out of the bowels of science - and is only offered up because science has no clue to the existence of life and land and law, and this teaching is the most ridiculous and dishonest attempt by science to desperately offer something to the public - but instead foolishly come up with that a Big explosion being the cause of all things in existence - without cause, plan, will or intelligence behind it.

I have never used the word liar in this forum........but today I state and without reservation that any person who says that all that exists with all its glory and wonder - and does so because of random chance events....... is a liar to the greatest degree. (Phd or no Phd.)

And they know it.
  2. Wat?
    Moves
    10 Dec '11 14:25
    Originally posted by Dasa
    [/b]I have never used the word liar in this forum
    Liar!

-m.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Dec '11 16:11
    I can understand why an atheist can reject the false religions of the world to the likes of Islam, Christianity, Judaism and many others - which all present silly fabrications and and speculations from the minds of unqualified, ignorant, violent, cheating, fabricating, speculating and animal killing persons.

But I cannot understand how any person can reject ...[text shortened]... chance events....... is a liar to the greatest degree. (Phd or no Phd.)

And they know it.
    The Star Wars movie called Him the "Force". May the Force be with you.
  4. Maryland
    Moves
    10 Dec '11 16:14

But I cannot understand how any person can reject ...[text shortened]... chance events....... is a liar to the greatest degree. (Phd or no Phd.)

And they know it.
    What proof do you have of your assertions? With no proof, you are a mere speculator.
  5. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    10 Dec '11 16:19

And they know it.
    This power (God) has Personality because this Power being the cause of all causes must have Personality and qualities if Personality and qualities exist in us all.

This is an interesting statement. It seems to imply a law that whatever the caused has, the cause has. But it also implies a supposed fact -- that "us all" are caused, and are caused by a cause that is not "us all." Deep stuff.

I am wondering about the basis or foundation of those premises.
  6. Maryland
    Moves
    10 Dec '11 16:32
    It always comes down to this: If everything must have a cause, what caused the cause? If the cause does not need a cause, why should anything else require a cause?
  7. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    10 Dec '11 18:33
    God is the - power/force/energy/creativeness/cause/ and Supreme Will behind all that exist.
    nothing to be astounded about, even in your mock incredulity of the subject.

the god principle is rejected because it is unknown.

but rest assured, while you are bickering over the false concepts of your religion, the only true priests of god, scientists, are diligently unraveling the secrets of the god principle.
  8. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    10 Dec '11 19:02

And they know it.
    | ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` |
    | Would you like some ` ` `|
    | help with that? ` ` ` ` ` ` |
    |_____________ ` _______|
    ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` \ '|
    ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` `\| ` __
    ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` `/ ``\
    ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` \o`o\
    ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` `\`/`\
    ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` \\ ` \
    ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` `\\ ` \ Reveal Hidden Content
    Yeah...it looks like I\'m trying to draw a paper clip - and yeah I could use some help with that :]
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Dec '11 19:071 edit
    Originally posted by Agerg
    | ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` |
    | Would you like some ` ` `|
    | help with that? ` ` ` ` ` ` |
    |_____________ ` _______|
    ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` \ '|
    ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` `\| ` __
    ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` `/ ``\
    ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` \o`o\ ing to draw a paper clip - and yeah I could use some help with that :][/hidden]
    beautifully reminiscent of POP art Aggy, complete with captions and dot matrix
    rendering
  10. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    10 Dec '11 19:201 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    beautifully reminiscent of POP art Aggy, complete with captions and dot matrix
    rendering
    Thankyou...thankyou thankyou! 😏
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Dec '11 19:55

And they know it.
    It's dissapointing to see that your absence from this forum has not provided you the opportunity to explore other debating strategies than dogmatic graffiti.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Dec '11 20:25
    Originally posted by 667joe
    It always comes down to this: If everything must have a cause, what caused the cause? If the cause does not need a cause, why should anything else require a cause?
    That's just the way it is knucklehead.
  13. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    10 Dec '11 20:391 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    That's just the way it is knucklehead.
    Bit of a crap answer to a legitimate question but then...what else can we expect from you? 😵

----------------------------------------
    Btw...calling someone a knucklehead works best when the person calling them such isn't actually a knucklehead him/herself!

Hope this helps 🙂
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Dec '11 21:35
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Bit of a crap answer to a legitimate question but then...what else can we expect from you? 😵

----------------------------------------
    Btw...calling someone a knucklehead works best when the person calling them such isn't actually a knucklehead him/herself!

Hope this helps 🙂
    Yes, that is very helpful and thoughtful of you. Not something I would
    expect from an atheist. 😉
  15. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    11 Dec '11 00:49

And they know it.
    Attempt at reason with dasa, probably futile...

The point of science, is to explain the world, and understand it, and be able to predict what will
    happen in a given set of circumstances.

All scientific theories make predictions about the world, that we can both use to test the theories
    and make use of for technological ends.
    Prediction is thus the key to any scientific theory.

So why is god not included in science?

look at it like this...

I propose as my hypothesis, H, to explain event P, that "God did it".

what predictive power does this hypothesis have?

What is the A priori chance that P would have happened given H?

Well god can apparently do anything (by definition) so the total possible things god could do is infinity.
    We have 1 outcome P.

So the odds of P given H are 1/infinity.
    Which is effectively indistinguishable from zero.

So the odds of predicting any given outcome by using the Hypothesis that God did it is zero, none, zilch, zip, nada.
    It has zero predictive capability.

The same applies to any supernatural explanation not bounded by the laws of physics.

Thus, even if wrong, EVERY other possible hypothesis must be better than ANY supernatural one.

Of course our current theories and hypotheses make very precise and accurate predictions which are immensely useful and
    are so hard to pick holes in we have to build giant particle smashers to try to recreate conditions a tiny fraction of a second
    after the big bang in the search for something (anything) that doesn't act like we predict it will.

So our current Theories and Hypotheses are infinitely better than god did it....

This is why god did it will NEVER be part of ANY scientific theory ever.

And is also why ID (which is god did it for evolution) is not science and will never be taught as such.

It doesn't matter if the reality is that god did actually do it, (although no evidence of that so far at all in any way), any
    explanation that includes god did it just isn't science.
    It just isn't useful.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree